• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
PolyGone said:
samusmc.jpg

I enjoy seeing variations on a character, and the Smash version looks a bit more cartoony compared to the prime version, which seems to make sense given the game. I like it. I'd like to see them push it even more.

I prefer Retro's art.

Tristam

ShockingAlberto said:
Ah, what the hell.

I'll guess Gameplay Mode: Classic again. Everytime I guess it, it's something better, so I'm going to keep guessing it until I'm right.

Isn't ANY update better than Gameplay Mode: Classic?

M3wThr33

Banned
Danthrax said:
They're usually about Smash Bros.
And are accompanied by a level of undeserved celebration not seen since the beginning of mankind. I can appreciate discussion and excitement, but lord, the reaction to "so I guess I have to support them all" was a little over the top, as if you didn't expect it.

Michan

<Triforce Slash>

Is he using the Triforce to slash enemies? Or is it the Triforce doing the slashing?

You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball.

link_070618a-l.jpg

Light shoots out from the Triforce on the back of Link’s hand, striking his opponents!

link_070618b-l.jpg

Link dashes into the fray! Enemies are trapped by the Triforce.

link_070618c-l.jpg

He strikes repeatedly with lightning speed!

link_070618d-l.jpg

And then comes the finishing strike! SKRAAAAH!

If you suffer this fate, there is little hope for you. But remember: damage alone will not finish you in Smash.

If you’re lucky enough to strike solid ground, you just might be saved.

woxel1

So is Link's final smash a proximity attack (not unlike certain Pokéballs), or is Link drawn to a nearby opponent before performing the move? This I wonder.

Linkup

M3wThr33 said:
And are accompanied by a level of undeserved celebration not seen since the beginning of mankind. I can appreciate discussion and excitement, but lord, the reaction to "so I guess I have to support them all" was a little over the top, as if you didn't expect it.

:lol you lose

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
"And then comes the finishing strike! SKRAAAAH!"

I find this particularly funny because Link probably won't even say that. It's Sakurai's personal warcry. :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
superbank said:
"And then comes the finishing strike! SKRAAAAH!"

I find this particularly funny because Link probably won't even say that. It's Sakurai's personal warcry. :lol

Still isn't as awesome as "Bam! Bam! BambambambamBAM!" :lol

RagnarokX

I think, judging by the first screenshot, a straight, horizontal beam of light shoots out of Link's hand and if it strikes an opponent, Link flies over to them and starts making them wish they were never born.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
woxel1 said:
So is Link's final smash a proximity attack (not unlike certain Pokéballs), or is Link drawn to a nearby opponent before performing the move? This I wonder.

Probably you have to have the light from Links hand shoot onto the person you want to capture and if it hits them Link will attack.

Taxman

I don't understand why people hold up Mario Galaxy as the pinnacle of Wii graphics. It looks nice and all, but Brawl looks so much better. I mean, look at this update. ****ing gorgeous.

Tristam

Taxman said:
I don't understand why people hold up Mario Galaxy as the pinnacle of Wii graphics. It looks nice and all, but Brawl looks so much better. I mean, look at this update. ****ing gorgeous.

It looks great, but I still don't think it looks as good as Galaxy.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Where does it say you can choose your target? I get the impression it's all automated: a Triforce appears a certain distance in front of Link and traps whoever happens to be there, if anyone. Then Link rushes to that spot, regardless of whether an enemy is there, and slashes for a few seconds. I could be wrong, of course, but I think that's how Smash Bros. would handle this sort of attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom