• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
RiskyChris said:
One button melee is awesome, except I wish at least the jump button worked.

Yeah. .. jumping with the up button is so terrible of a concept. Sometimes people who have been playing the game for months would ask me if they can jump with up. Sigh.

Kureishima said:
I'd rather no online, really. I like the community.
61le6o0.gif

Hollywood_mIRC said:
Why can't you have tourney's with online still in? If they don't put online in, thats a major screw up.

It won't be a major screw up. You'll still buy it, Bob will still buy it, Sarah will still buy it, and so will everyone else.

It'll just negate a lot of people's desire to travel for tourneys. I don't care for that reality, so I will be fine without online.

Kureishima said:
It won't be a major screw up. You'll still buy it, Bob will still buy it, Sarah will still buy it, and so will everyone else.

It'll just negate a lot of people's desire to travel for tourneys. I don't care for that reality, so I will be fine without online.
I hear soon, they're going to start delivering mail through the internet

I will have no part of it. THAT IS NOT WHAT MAIL IS ABOUT.

Pikachu Final Smash up.. sigh.

<Volt Tackle>

What is Volt Tackle? It’s Pikachu’s Final Smash!

That pretty much describes it. You don’t need an Electric Ball to unleash it, but you do need a Smash Ball.

pikachu_070619a-l.jpg

Volt Tackle is unleashed! Pikachu transforms into a ball of light.

pikachu_070619b.jpg

You can now control that ball of light for a brief period.
Hunt them! Hunt them down!

pikachu_070619c-l.jpg

It’s quite speedy while airborne. This...can be dangerous.

It flies through the air wildly, so take care not to lose control.

If it gets cancelled in midair, something terrible will happen.

pikachu_070619d-l.jpg

Ah... This doesn’t look good.

RagnarokX

I knew it would be volt tackle :D

This one sorta puts a dent in the "final smashes are cutscenes" argument :D

"NOTE: IF IT GETS CANCELLED."

I think he means "if it wears off". If you are flying over a pit when the smash ends, you fall to your death.

jvalioli

Sigh? Seems like a nice update to me since it hasn't been shown before.

pikachu_070619b-l.jpg

:lol at Mario and Fox running away and Kirby just kinda sitting there.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
my guess: if it gets cancelled, pikachu has no second jump. It'll be one of those moves that takes away all of your jumps. That, or you won't be able to do anything, period, and will just fall to your death :lol

RagnarokX said:
I knew it would be volt tackle :D

This one sorta puts a dent in the "final smashes are cutscenes" argument :D

I think he means "if it wears off". If you are flying over a pit when the smash ends, you fall to your death.

Yeah, I figured that out mere seconds after posting. I fail.

it makes sense to give Pikachu a con for his final smash, it seems his is really multipurpose, it could be used to save yourself from a normally impossible fall.

Link's con is that he only attacks one person, Mario's is that he stands in one place and only fires in one direction.

RagnarokX

Well in the games, the con to volt tackle is that pikachu takes recoil damage. I guess temporary paralysis is the best they could do to translate that over to smash.

I think the con to Link's move is that he has to line someone up in order to hit them with it, and Mario... I can't really see a con to his yet.

jman2050

RagnarokX said:

Then why not just say 'if it wears off'? The term 'cancel' has a rather specific meaning in the context of fighting games, so you can't simply just write it off like that.

jvalioli

jman2050 said:
Then why not just say 'if it wears off'? The term 'cancel' has a rather specific meaning in the context of fighting games, so you can't simply just write it off like that.
I don't think this website is being updated by a native English speaker.

RagnarokX

jman2050 said:
The updates so far have been borderline engrish. We could chalk it up to a translation/localization error.

jman2050

ShockingAlberto said:
Cancelled also probably means if someone hits you while you're "transformed."

This is what I assumed when I first read it. It makes sense.

I don't think this website is being updated by a native English speaker.

A Japanese speaker would be helpful here, since you do have a point, but I don't recall any similar apparent oddities in translation before this update.

USD

Hai guys, I think what the guy was trying to say that if you try to use the Volt Tackle while wavedashing, CCing, and SHFFLing at the same time, the universe will implode.

And Pikachu will fall off the edge of the map.

Galamauth said:
Just thinking of Ness's final makes me wet.
A big American flag will pop up behind him, then he'll fall to his knees and pound the ground with his fist, crying. Everyone will feel bad for him and damage themselves a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom