• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramirez said:
Give me a ****ing break. This game is worthless to me without online, I don't have friends that can come over and play SSB, sheesh.

Welp, don't know what to say but "see ya later!"

neptunes said:
how could you NOT want online multiplayer?

This thing called reading allows you to see past just a few words in my history. I've explained this before, I don't particularly care for the dismantling of the Smash community due to online networking. I could not care less for such a feature, honestly. The internet has a lot of shitty people and I'm not sure I want to play with them (by shitty I mean assholes, not suck).

Example, there are a lot of people at the local college who play on a daily basis. What's the use of these guys coming the community area to play when they can just log on the internet? Meh.

underfooter said:
That's pretty sad. Don't you have something called friends? I know atleast 6 people who will be really good at this game. Of course online is a huge asset, but the game is far from worthless if it doesn't have it.

It's called getting older bud, you'll see for yourself before too long.

armubaba

Kureishima said:

This thing called reading allows you to see past just a few words in my history. I've explained this before, I don't particularly care for the dismantling of the Smash community due to online networking. I could not care less for such a feature, honestly. The internet has a lot of shitty people and I'm not sure I want to play with them (by shitty I mean assholes, not suck).

Example, there are a lot of people at the local college who play on a daily basis. What's the use of these guys coming the community area to play when they can just log on the internet? Meh.

I still don't understand where you're coming from. Online multiplayer makes it infinitely easier for people who don't necessarily need that community experience, and who just want to get a quick game off with their friends or random people. Heck, not everybody has friends that can come over on a whim and play some SSB. Most of the time, it's a whole lot quicker and easier to just get online and get a nice game in with your friends than to all meet up and play. I'll admit, it is a whole lot more fun to have your friends next to you as you're playing together; but sometimes that's just not possible. Implementing online multiplayer is a win-win situation. If you and your friends are that hung up about the community aspect/experience, you can still meet up and play together and attain that experience. Nobody's forcing you to go online......

Kureishima said:

I still don't quite get it. I can't help but wonder if some of you people believe that they would leave vs. mode out if they included online. Besides, the kind of people that would stay home to play Smash Bros. online would likely find something else to play online anyways. And yes, there are plenty of assholes online, but even then I would much rather always have a human to play against (even in the wee hours in the night) rather than the AI or a lot of my friends (who aren't that good, regardless of which mode we play)

dfyb

Banned
armubaba said:
I still don't understand where you're coming from. Online multiplayer makes it infintely easier for people who don't necessarily need that community experience, and who just want to get a quick game off with their friends or random people. Heck, not everybody has friends that can come over on a whim and play some SSB. Implementing online multiplayer is a win-win situation. If you and your friends are that hung up about the community aspect/experience, you can still meet up and play together and attain that experience. Nobody's forcing you to go online......
online play is typically worthless for fighting games because of latency issues. because of this, local communities are very strong and healthy because they exist out of necessity.

and when it comes to fighting games, local play > online play.

dfyb said:
online play is typically worthless for fighting games because of latency issues. because of this, local communities are very strong and healthy because they exist out of necessity.

and when it comes to fighting games, local play > online play.
If the online is poorly implemented, then the hardcore crowd will ignore it and still have community meet ups. The casuals, or hardcores looking for a quick fix, will still have the option of playing. It's win-win no matter how you cut it.

Keru_Shiri said:
I still don't quite get it. I can't help but wonder if some of you people believe that they would leave vs. mode out if they included online. Besides, the kind of people that would stay home to play Smash Bros. online would likely find something else to play online anyways. And yes, there are plenty of assholes online, but even then I would much rather always have a human to play against (even in the wee hours in the night) rather than the AI or a lot of my friends (who aren't that good, regardless of which mode we play)

I'm thinking you didn't read my post.

LegendofJoe said:
It's called getting older bud, you'll see for yourself before too long.

That makes me sad.

Online also opens the game up to the whole world. I'd love to play someone in a country I knew about, and see polls on which country is beating which for stats. The game could have a lot, and after Mario Strikers successful online and Brawls' delay, I think it is almost a safte bet.

Why the hell wouldn't it be online? Number one celling franchise. 50% of wii owners online. It would make it the best game ever in my opinion.

The only way they can really suprise me is if they announce 4vs rather than just 2vs.

armubaba

Keru_Shiri said:
If the online is poorly implemented, then the hardcore crowd will ignore it and still have community meet ups. The casuals, or hardcores looking for a quick fix, will still have the option of playing. It's win-win no matter how you cut it.

Exactly....

Kureishima said:
I'm thinking you didn't read my post.
I read your post, nothing in your immediate post history explained your stance, so I'll go with what you said before. Assuming there will be online, I can see it folding out two ways...

a). Online Mode sucks: No problem, it's there for those who want it, tourney players will still have meet ups.

b.) Online Mode doesn't suck: Extra practice against non-AI opponents, easier comparrison of play styles around the world, easier/more tournaments, more chances to play with friends. The only thing lost here will be face-to-face interactions, which may not phase out anyway if it turns out people would rather play against their opponents IRL to avoid possible lag, or make sure there are no controller modding, etc.

I mean, I kinda see where your coming from, but I don't think it'll be that bad of an issue.

Firestorm

Keru_Shiri said:
I read your post, nothing in your immediate post history explained your stance, so I'll go with what you said before. Assuming there will be online, I can see it folding out two ways...

a). Online Mode sucks: No problem, it's there for those who want it, tourney players will still have meet ups.

b.) Online Mode doesn't suck: Extra practice against non-AI opponents, easier comparrison of play styles around the world, easier/more tournaments, more chances to play with friends. The only thing lost here will be face-to-face interactions, which may not phase out anyway if it turns out people would rather play against their opponents IRL to avoid possible lag, or make sure there are no controller modding, etc.

I mean, I kinda see where your coming from, but I don't think it'll be that bad of an issue.

No way the face-to-face tournies would end. There will still be events like FC and 0C. MLG might pick up Brawl again for all we know due to the explosive popularity of Wii. The smaller local communities will still likely hold weekly/bi-weekly smashfests and tournies. I don't doubt that neighbouring communities would still travel to play each other once in a while (like BC and Washington).

Online will not destroy Smash's community. For one, I believe it's too strong. For two, there will be lag no matter what so we know the biggest tournaments will be held offline.

I mean, honestly, things like this just look too fun not to have even with online (watch all of it, not just the intro):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZfTHTee3a4

Can't have dodgeball matches in online smash, nosiree!

Firestorm said:
No way the face-to-face tournies would end. There will still be events like FC and 0C. MLG might pick up Brawl again for all we know due to the explosive popularity of Wii. The smaller local communities will still likely hold weekly/bi-weekly smashfests and tournies. I don't doubt that neighbouring communities would still travel to play each other once in a while (like BC and Washington).

Online will not destroy Smash's community. For one, I believe it's too strong. For two, there will be lag no matter what so we know the biggest tournaments will be held offline.

I mean, honestly, things like this just look too fun not to have even with online (watch all of it, not just the intro):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZfTHTee3a4

Can't have dodgeball matches in online smash, nosiree!
My point exactly, unless, once again, I'm missing something.

Firestorm

Keru_Shiri said:
My point exactly, unless, once again, I'm missing something.

No, I agree fully with you. Just saying there even won't be lost face-to-face interactions. And damn, I saw the FC3 Montage again and everytime it amazes me. Especially three of the gameplay shots. Two IC combos and one Falcon combo.

4y4sx0m.gif

dfyb said:
why is itachi there..?
Remember the previous chapter where he's standing with Kisame and he's like :A big storm is coming" rofl.

Kishi has dropped ze ball.

edit: And because tonights announcement is going to be huge.

dfyb

Banned
CrushDance said:
Remember the previous chapter where he's standing with Kisame and he's like :A big storm is coming" rofl.

Kishi has dropped ze ball.

edit: And because tonights announcement is going to be huge.
oh i stopped watching naruto when the filler started. that series was good but once the filler started, it was just plain trash. absolutely god awful.

ZELDA!

zelda.jpg

Just like Link, Zelda’s design has also changed.
She has a slightly more subdued color scheme.

Her movement capabilities are not that good, but her magic adds power to her physical attacks. There’s a reason why her hands and feet glow, after all.

zelda_070625a-l.jpg
zelda_070625b-l.jpg

zelda_070625c-l.jpg
zelda_070625d-l.jpg

OMG

I love the updated Zelda design. Too bad the update didn't mention anything about Shiek, or weather or not Zelda will be weilding her sword.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
scottnak said:
Wooohooo.
Nice new looks for Zelda!!

Uh oh! No mention of Sheik! Let the wild speculation begin! *bang*

Considering that they've always been considered to be two separate characters, of course they won't mention sheik. :)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
TP Zelda is my favorite Zelda design. Sooo ****ing awesome.

I don't think Sheik will make a return.

zelda_070625d-l.jpg

Catfight raar!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Keru_Shiri said:
I love the updated Zelda design. Too bad the update didn't mention anything about Shiek, or weather or not Zelda will be weilding her sword.

I don't see a sword on her person. =\ Also, since she's the TP Zelda, she probably won't change into Sheik either.
Unless TP Zelda does that? I got bored and stopped playing the game after like the 3rd dungeon.

kamikaze

Keru_Shiri said:

if they're showing her now, hopefully she'll be playable for an e3 demo and the answers will be found at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom