• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

MasterMFauli said:
Then put in Uchiha Sasuke. Looks like a girl and is currently so ridiculous strong that it souldnt be a problem to travel to a different universe...

Was your brain always inactive or is it a recent development?

Man, this is going to be so much harder on Sheik players in the end.

Oh well, guys. If you want to think Sheik is in the game, I won't argue. But if there's voice chat, I will sure as hell gloat.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Twilight Princess Zelda, as always, looks absolutely awesome. She was criminally under-utilized in TP. SSBB will remedy this!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
GaimeGuy said:
READ MY POST.

we saw two or three of her attacks. YES, they were Sheik's animations, but SEVERAL ANIMATIONS WERE RECYCLED AMONG DIFFERENT CHARACTERS IN MELEE.

the clones, mario & luigi, Dr. Mario and Ganondorf (forward air), kirby and jigglypuff, and others.

There is NO conclusive evidence about Sheik not being in the game. Only wild speculation.

But it wasn't just two or three of the attacks we saw in the latest video. What about the fact that she has a whip/laser gun? You don't think it's logical to assume that replaces the chain/needles?

Sure everything we're talking about is speculation, nothing is FACT yet. All I said in my post was that it is very likely. Maybe you are the one who should make sure he is reading accurately? :p

Firestorm

MasterMFauli said:
Wah, wah, wow. What´s wrong, dude? That was a joke, i dont wont any Naruto-, Dragonball- or whatever characters n this game :)

I figured it was a joke, but it wasn't very funny and I've only seen dumb posts by you today >.>;

PS: Let's not take Sakurai's comments that not all characters will be returning as fact. They might. I mean, he did say he was completely reworking all the characters' movesets. The trailers, and Fox's revealed B moves, kinda contradict that.

RagnarokX

GaimeGuy said:
READ MY POST.

we saw two or three of her attacks. YES, they were Sheik's animations, but SEVERAL ANIMATIONS WERE RECYCLED AMONG DIFFERENT CHARACTERS IN MELEE.

the clones, mario & luigi, Dr. Mario and Ganondorf (forward air), kirby and jigglypuff, and others.

There is NO conclusive evidence about Sheik not being in the game. Only wild speculation.
Sakurai said no more clones, iirc.

ShockingAlberto said:
Man, this is going to be so much harder on Sheik players in the end.

Oh well, guys. If you want to think Sheik is in the game, I won't argue. But if there's voice chat, I will sure as hell gloat.

Whether or not the actual character of Sheik is in the game or not is irrelevant. What is important is that there be a character with an extremely similar play style/moveset to Sheik. Simple logic dictates there will be a character for Sheik players to play with in Brawl, she is way too popular in Melee for Sakurai to simply get rid of that play style/moveset altogether.

MrCheez said:
that would be the awesomest!

for realz!

shyguy.jpg

Leezard

turkification said:
damn..i played the NGC paper mario, how could i miss that awesome character!

I'm not sure whether he is in the GCN one or not, but if he was, it was only in a minor scene. He may have showed up twice in the N64 one... My memory fails me.

Ashodin

GaimeGuy said:
READ MY POST.

Stop. Stop. Just stop.

You really think Sheik has a chance in hell of being in this game? Are you insane? It's very much obvious that the "secret hidden character within a character" has been moved to Samus with Zero Suit Samus. Zelda is by herself now, and the reveal of her TP self (also obvious as ****) should give that away easy.

Just give it up. Sheik is 99% certain not to appear in this game (except maybe as a trophy if they keep that feature). Characters are gone, new characters added, it's a roster that changes with every iteration, like fighting games.

MrCheez

Alright guys, here it is...

Cheez's List of Things That Are Probably Almost Definitely Pretty Much Going to Be In Brawl
(feel free to quote this back to me and laugh at me when the game comes out if I end up being wrong!)

1) No Sheik.
2) ZSSamus is a modified Sheik clone.
3) ZSSamus is a separate character from Samus - not a transformation.
5) Diddy Kong playable. (Has high chance -Was featured high on Sakurai's most wanted characters list)
6) King Dedede playable (Ranked high on same list as Diddy -- also he is a Sakurai creation.)
7) Balloon Fighter playable. (I don't like the idea, but it was confirmed that he almost made it into Melee. A character that almost made it into N64 smash but was left out was Bowser, and sure enough he found his way into Melee.)
8) New moveset for Ganondorf. He'll be sporting his TP look and hopefully his sword.
9) Pichu, DrMario, Game & Watch, Young Link, and Roy gone for sure. Marth and Falco probably gone, but they have more of a chance than the other guys I'd say. All other "Veteran Fighters" will return. (Why do Marth and Falco have a good chance? Popularity I'd think, which is the reason they were both put in the game. (both were highly requested before Melee's release.) None of the other characters on the list I just recited were put in the game because they were heavily requested, as far as I know.)
10) Sakurai really wants more females. I'm betting this means a new female Fire Emblem character, and possibly Krystal from Star Fox.
11) Ridley playable...? I'm not 100% about this one. I'd love for it to happen, he was high on the same list as Dedede and Diddy, and the release of Ridley music recently seems like a nice clue... but it still leans on the unlikely side for me.

There you go! A mountain of cookies for me if I get most of these right. :D

Edit: Added some reasoning to my claims. I won't edit this post again because frankly, I'm just so gosh-damn-sure that all of these are going to come true! ;)

Ashodin

MrCheez said:

Cheez's List of Things That Are Probably Almost Definitely Pretty Much Going to Be In Brawl
(feel free to quote this back to me and laugh at me when the game comes out if I end up being wrong!)

1) No Sheik.
5) Diddy Kong playable. (Has high chance -Was featured high on Sakurai's most wanted characters list)
6) King Dedede playable (Ranked high on same list as Diddy -- also he is a Sakurai creation.)
7) Balloon Fighter playable. (I don't like the idea, but it was confirmed that he almost made it into Melee. A character that almost made it into N64 smash but was left out was Bowser, and sure enough he found his way into Melee.)
8) New moveset for Ganondorf. He'll be sporting his TP look and hopefully his sword.
9) Pichu, DrMario, Game & Watch, Young Link, and Roy gone for sure. Marth and Falco probably gone, but they have more of a chance than the other guys I'd say. All other "Veteran Fighters" will return.
10) Sakurai really wants more females. I'm betting this means a new female Fire Emblem character, and possibly Krystal from Star Fox.
11) Ridley playable...? I'm not 100% about this one. I'd love for it to happen, he was high on the same list as Dedede and Diddy, and the release of Ridley music recently seems like a nice clue... but it still leans on the unlikely side for me.

I support this post.

Balloon Fighter playable is kinda teh suck though. Actually, the character would be UBER in the air. In fact, he should hover all the time. He would be the ultimate air fighter.

MrCheez: Ridley will be a boss fight akin to Giga Bowser. I am assuming Bowser is a standard character after Melee so we need a new villain.

MrCheez

Maxrpg said:
MrCheez: Ridley will be a boss fight akin to Giga Bowser. I am assuming Bowser is a standard character after Melee so we need a new villain.

I could see this happening... I'd love for him to be playable, but it seems like his size/wingspan makes him a bit too large.

Or... maybe he'll just be a background hazard with his own stage (like Kraid in Melee).

With the clue of his music, and how highly he was requested (By JAPANESE players even, who aren't really that into the Metroid series), he has to be in the game in some form.

Desperado

MrCheez said:

1) No Sheik.
9) Pichu, DrMario, Game & Watch, Young Link, and Roy gone for sure. Marth and Falco probably gone, but they have more of a chance than the other guys I'd say. All other "Veteran Fighters" will return. (Why do Marth and Falco have a good chance? Popularity I'd think, which is the reason they were both put in the game. (both were highly requested before Melee's release.) None of the other characters on the list I just recited were put in the game because they were heavily requested, as far as I know.)

Edit: Added some reasoning to my claims. I won't edit this post again because frankly, I'm just so gosh-damn-sure that all of these are going to come true! ;)

None of these things are "Probably Almost Definitely Pretty Much Going to Be In Brawl."

Maxrpg said:

nonono, ridley playable is a must.
and afaik he was pretty popular in this official vote, where Sakurai asked for characters.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Look, guys, Sheik COULD be gone, but some of us are just trying to point out that it hardly seems "nearly confirmed" that Sheik has been removed.

Actually, I'd rather expect Zelda's profile to contain a MENTION of that if Sheik were to have been removed.

Right now the entire discussion hinges on art style, and I don't think that's a definitive way to argue anything in this.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I can't believe how long this Zelda/Sheik speculation has gone on! (That hair color thing, too.)

Sheik could be in. Sheik could be out. You cannot extrapolate a conclusion from Zeldas character profile reveal.

Haunted

superbank said:
I can't believe how long this Zelda/Sheik speculation has gone on! (That hair color thing, too.)

Sheik could be in. Sheik could be out. You cannot extrapolate a conclusion from Zeldas character profile reveal.
I guess you're right....

Sheik's definitely out.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chris Michael said:
if we're gonna talk about Peach, I wonder if Bowser will be back? Better yet, Giga Bowser, he was awesome.

by the way I just made this post as an excuse to post this awesome picture I found because I don't think it constitutes a whole new thread:

bush_bowser.jpg

o_O

:lol :lol :lol

superbank said:

Yeah, I agree with this. If there's one thing I've learned from this thread, it's that it's best to just ignore the people in here stating speculation as fact. They're hopeless.

Chris Michael said:
if we're gonna talk about Peach, I wonder if Bowser will be back? Better yet, Giga Bowser, he was awesome.

by the way I just made this post as an excuse to post this awesome picture I found because I don't think it constitutes a whole new thread:

bush_bowser.jpg

:lol

Xeke

Banned
superbank said:

Sheik is out.

superbank

Haunted One said:
I guess you're right....

Sheik's definitely out.
Saitou said:
Definitely.
Xeke said:
Sheik is out.

:O

Thats fine. As long as you're not using the Zelda profile update as evidence like so many other people did.

WastingPenguins said:
Yeah, I agree with this. If there's one thing I've learned from this thread, it's that it's best to just ignore the people in here stating speculation as fact. They're hopeless.

I've done some of that too. Whats grinding my gears is that some people took Zeldas profile update as a No Sheik announcement.

Xeke

Banned
superbank said:
:O

Thats fine. As long as you're not using the Zelda profile update as evidence like so many other people did.

I've done some of that too. Whats grinding my gears is that some people took Zeldas profile update as a No Sheik announcement.

I'm just using my gut to make that prediction. Sheik just doesn't seem like she would fit in this version of the game.

justchris

I'm know I'm late to this argument, but guys, Zelda's name is inherited, as are her title and her powers. It's hardly beyond the realms of belief that she could inherit an ancestor's alter ego. The Sheikah are still the protector's of Hyrule's royal family. Sheik didn't appear in TP (or TWW for that matter) because hiding her identity that way would have gained her nothing.

We don't know if Sheik is out until Sakurai says she is.

RagnarokX

justchris said:
I'm know I'm late to this argument, but guys, Zelda's name is inherited, as are her title and her powers. It's hardly beyond the realms of belief that she could inherit an ancestor's alter ego. The Sheikah are still the protector's of Hyrule's royal family. Sheik didn't appear in TP (or TWW for that matter) because hiding her identity that way would have gained her nothing.

We don't know if Sheik is out until Sakurai says she is.
Did you play TP?

The sheikah were a long forgotten race in that game. There was only one left and she was really really old. I doubt the royal family even knew she was still around.

superbank

RagnarokX said:
The sheikah were a long forgotten race in that game. There was only one left and she was really really old. I doubt the royal family even knew she was still around.

Oh, where was she at? I don't remember that part.

justchris

RagnarokX said:
Did you play TP?

Yes, yes I did. Did you play the original Legend of Zelda game?
Impa, the one who first sends link on his quest to rescue Zelda and the other 7 princesses, is the last of the Sheikah herself. And chronologically, Zelda I & Zelda II are the last two games in the series. So some Sheikah had to survive somewhere, or else another group took up their mantle and their training. Either way, there's plenty of wiggle room to either create a Sheikah character, or to have a member of the royal family have learned something of the Sheikah fighting style.

Xeke

Banned
justchris said:
Yes, yes I did. Did you play the original Legend of Zelda game?
Impa, the one who first sends link on his quest to rescue Zelda and the other 7 princesses, is the last of the Sheikah herself. And chronologically, Zelda I & Zelda II are the last two games in the series. So some Sheikah had to survive somewhere, or else another group took up their mantle and their training. Either way, there's plenty of wiggle room to either create a Sheikah character, or to have a member of the royal family have learned something of the Sheikah fighting style.

You're in total denial mode...
smoking.gif

Christopher

Shiek wont be in simply because this Zelda is based off the concept/design of the TP's world, and Smash Brothers Melee off of the Ocarina of Time's concept/world.

It's not that hard.

justchris

Xeke said:
You're in total denial mode...
smoking.gif

Denial of what? I don't actually like Sheik, I just don't think there's sufficient reason to rule her out yet. Sheik is not just Zelda's alterego, she is a Sheikah, she uses their fighting style. The Sheik in Brawl (if there is one) doesn't have to have anything at all to do with Zelda to still use their traditional fighting style.

Christopher said:
Shiek wont be in simply because this Zelda is based off the concept/design of the TP's world, and Smash Brothers Melee off of the Ocarina of Time's concept/world.

It's not that hard.

That doesn't really prove anything. I covered this in my first statement. Just because Sheik doesn't appear in the game, doesn't mean Zelda never Sheiks it up. In TP, hiding her identity would have been counterproductive,
would have weakened her ability to provide what protection she could
. That doesn't mean she doesn't have need for it sometimes.

I'm not making a statement either way, I just don't think there's any proof one way or another. You can say you don't believe Sheik will be in, and you can say you believe she will be, but you can't prove it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom