• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiuhm

Christopher said:
Shiek wont be in simply because this Zelda is based off the concept/design of the TP's world, and Smash Brothers Melee off of the Ocarina of Time's concept/world.

It's not that hard.

Yea exactly, but no matter how logical it is, there is always going to be someone making some crazy theory why sheik will be in, its GAF after all.

Firestorm

Christopher said:
Shiek wont be in simply because this Zelda is based off the concept/design of the TP's world, and Smash Brothers Melee off of the Ocarina of Time's concept/world.

It's not that hard.

And all of Fox's moves will come from Star Fox Assault. I doesn't ****ing matter if they use Zelda's TP model for this game. They can easily give her a Sheik button if they wanted.

Christopher

Firestorm said:
Well, you seem to think that if a model is based off a game, then all the characters' moves must be only from that game.

Are you stupid? Honestly.

I said she wouldn't transform into Sheik based off the TP settings worlds ... nothing about her moveset.

Nuclear Muffin said:
peach-2d.jpg

zelda-2d.jpg
This is what I call gone are the 80's say hello to present :)
Brunette's were the 'thing' back in the 80's, so I completely understand :D

Firestorm

Christopher said:
Are you stupid? Honestly.

I said she wouldn't transform into Sheik based off the TP settings worlds ... nothing about her moveset.

"Transform to Sheik" is one of her moves. Come to think of it people, what would be a TP Zelda moveset? It's been half a year since I played it. All I remember was
light arrows

Branduil

6h3y2cg.gif

You know what, if people want to believe that Sheik is in the game, that's fine. They're only hurting themselves for when the inevitable is revealed.

Firestorm

Don't worry, the more we argue the higher the chance there's an update tonight that confirms whether or not she's in. Well, going by our past record of "no eye animation!" and stuff at least.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
"Transform to Sheik" is one of her moves. Come to think of it people, what would be a TP Zelda moveset? It's been half a year since I played it. All I remember was
light arrows
Glad you asked! I've been pondering this question and have come up with a very appropriate moveset using only abilities Zelda has actually performed in TP, unlike her bullcrap moveset from OoT that she didn't actually use in the game:

Normal B - Light Arrows
Up B - Twilight Teleport
(Yes this one is arguable as it happens to her and not nesessarily by her own action, but it's not that big a stretch.)
Side B -
Energy Ball (The stuff she shoots at you while corrupted. Would work great as a Din's Fire replacement.)
Down B -
Triforce Ground (That move that makes the ground glow in the shape of a triforce)

People banking on a TP-inspired moveset for Zelda are kidding themselves. Between the trailers and the site updates, it's pretty clear to me that the veteran characters will retain their basic moveset. Sure, the moves will likely be tweaked in many ways, but face it-- Kirby still has his up+b sword attack and hammer, Fox still has blaster and his reflector, etc.

If Fox's down+b is the same, I could speculate that all returning characters will retain their special moves, and thus, the Sheik transformation *could*, *potentially* still remain. So far, EVERY SINGLE (yes, every) special move we have seen has been move from Melee. Not a single one thus far is different. Doesn't mean there won't be any different special moves, but it *suggests* that there won't be.

This is just speculation, but it is based on facts. Sheik could return, or she might not-- there's no way of saying yet.

Amazing how much speculation Sakurai generates based on what he doesn't say. Personally, I'm in the Shiek gets booted camp, simply because I'm bitter about how many people want Roy cut, but I'll be the first to admit there is little evidence suppourting whether or not Shiek has been ousted.

NotWii

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
People banking on a TP-inspired moveset for Zelda are kidding themselves.
I think some of Link's sword attacks may be replaced with some TP style moves because they just look more dynamic.
But I don't think that Link will use a spinner or anything like that.

Well I don't know if Sheik will be in Brawl. But after looking at the new Zelda Brawl model, it would be cool to see how a new Sheik model would look!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
WastingPenguins said:
People banking on a TP-inspired moveset for Zelda are kidding themselves. Between the trailers and the site updates, it's pretty clear to me that the veteran characters will retain their basic moveset. Sure, the moves will likely be tweaked in many ways, but face it-- Kirby still has his up+b sword attack and hammer, Fox still has blaster and his reflector, etc.

The sad truth. Most likely only returning clone characters will get large amounts of new moves. Some veteran characters will have different moves too but most of their moves will be based on Melee. Which is not an exciting proposition.

BUT the new characters will have new moves. So I can look forward to that.

superbank said:
The sad truth. Most likely only returning clone characters will get large amounts of new moves. Some veteran characters will have different moves too but most of their moves will be based on Melee. Which is not an exciting proposition.

BUT the new characters will have new moves. So I can look forward to that.
the last trailer showed characters crouching and walking around so there's at least one new stance + move for every character

can't wait to see how that will work

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
..pakbeka.. said:
the last trailer showed characters crouching and walking around so there's at least one new stance + move for every character

can't wait to see how that will work

I'm interested in that as well. Currently it appears to be a mechanic added simply because Snake is in the game, but there should be more to it than that. I'm thinking if you get hit while crawling you don't fly far/at all. But its not apparent how useful the move will be during actual fights.

has anyone mentioned that there's a high probability that you can CHANGE the colour of Zelda's hair by using an alternative colour scheme, like in most smash bros games (like Donkey Kong)?

;)

Zeed

Banned
DrForester said:
I'm holding out for a Wind Waker Zelda with a Tetra Transformation :)

http://www.zeldaelements.net/games_main/9/artwork/zelda.jpg[img][img]http://www.zeldaelements.net/games_main/9/artwork/tetra.jpg[img]

BELIEVE![/QUOTE]
It won't happen, but that's my goddamn [I]dream[/I] addition right there. I've wanted playable Tetra (in [I]any[/I] game dammit) ever since I first sat down with Wind Waker. Also, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure you just posted a spoiler.

[quote=WastingPenguins]People banking on a TP-inspired moveset for Zelda are kidding themselves.[/quote]
I am of the sad opinion that Zelda probably will retain her lame OoT-inspired "abilities". But that said, there's absolutely no indication that she, particularly, will not have updated moves. After all, if she's to compete, she needs a revamp pretty badly.

[quote=WastingPenguins]Between the trailers and the site updates, it's pretty clear to me that the veteran characters will retain their basic moveset. Sure, the moves will likely be tweaked in many ways, but face it-- Kirby still has his up+b sword attack and hammer, Fox still has blaster and his reflector, etc.[/quote]
Two moves of two characters each is not a large enough sample pool to draw a conclusion about every single veteran in the game. Besides, you even admit the possibility (or rather, probability) that Shiek is out. Shiek's removal would constitute a fundimental change to Zelda's moveset, contradicting your thesis.

[quote=WastingPenguins]If Fox's down+b is the same, I could speculate that all returning characters will retain their special moves, and thus, the Sheik transformation *could*, *potentially* still remain.[/quote]
The possibility is there, I don't think anyone is denying that. Many people (myself included) simply believe that there is enough evidence to presume her removal, until further evidence overrides what's available.

[quote=WastingPenguins]This is just speculation, but it is based on facts. Sheik could return, or she might not-- there's no way of saying yet.[/quote]
There are facts supporting the notion that Shiek has been removed (and furthermore, replaced by Zero Suit Samus). There are no facts other than precedent (if one appearance can establish a precedent) supporting the idea that she will return. Since one outweighs the other, I think it's safe, for now, to operate on the assumption that Shiek is gone.

EDIT: Just realized, two hours until Japan Time. Predictions?

Now that Sheik's gone, give Ganondorf a Ganon transformation.

Yes. He could transform from the Ganandorf TP model to the Ganon TP model. If this and a Wolf Link/Midna transformation for Link make it in, it will be very difficult to resist the tempation to fap. <_>

justchris

..pakbeka.. said:
if sheik is gone they really need to make zelda faster

They need to make Zelda faster even if Sheik isn't gone.

Of course, I actually prefer Zelda to Sheik, so I'm probably biased.

Edit: I'm predicting a new Final Smash.

"The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Medley"(1:28)

Composition Supervisor: Koji Kondo
Arrangement Supervisor: Michiko Naruke

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
• Check your volume settings.

Among the songs played in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time were many famous tunes that had a profound effect on the future of the series.

We’re using those songs in an extravagant medley here—it’s the preeminent Zelda listening experience!

And to think this will be played in-game. I think that’s just fantastic.

scottnak

Oh dear jeebus. It's great and all. But that update just doesn't help the headache that's been going on in here.

But whatever. AWESOME.

Link to the Website

Composition Supervisor: Koji Kondo
Arrangement Supervisor: Michiko Naruke

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
• Check your volume settings.

Among the songs played in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time were many famous tunes that had a profound effect on the future of the series.

We’re using those songs in an extravagant medley here—it’s the preeminent Zelda listening experience!

And to think this will be played in-game. I think that’s just fantastic

Not bad...

I'm fully aware that what we heard was a _piece_ of the song, and not the whole thing. That said, if the final version of this song does not include the Gerudo Valley music... I'm gonna ****ing riot.

polg

omfg... awesome

if ssbb song arrangements are of this caliber, the game could possibly have the best soundtrack ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom