• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Hmm... there must be an OoT adventure stage or something, notice how the music is quite upbeat? Or it might be the music for Hyrule Castle (OoT). Maybe OoT hyrule castle is unlockable.

He makes a version better than Hyrule Symphony Orchestra? Are you kidding me? Where is this music going to be? Ocarina of Time stage confirmed? Holy cow, EIJI AONUMA CONFIRMING SPLIT TIMELINE IN BRAWL CONFIRMED AS SOON AS TWW LINK APPEARS! GAF Meltdown in 3-2-1...

usea said:
I didn't care for it that much; It's okay. I'm sure it will grow on me.

Huh what? I guess maybe if you never played Ocarina the song might not be too exciting.

The other musical updates were okay, but not too exciting for me. Oddly enough, this one has me more excited for the game than anything else yet posted on the site. Hoooooly shit. So awesome.

*listens again for the fifth time*

justchris said:
Yes, yes I did. Did you play the original Legend of Zelda game?
Impa, the one who first sends link on his quest to rescue Zelda and the other 7 princesses, is the last of the Sheikah herself. And chronologically, Zelda I & Zelda II are the last two games in the series. So some Sheikah had to survive somewhere, or else another group took up their mantle and their training. Either way, there's plenty of wiggle room to either create a Sheikah character, or to have a member of the royal family have learned something of the Sheikah fighting style.

Please. Stop. Posting.

Fail....

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seriously, I'm glad there's some OoT songs in there. It has the best music of the 3D games imo.

All we need now is Dragon Roost Island and TP's hyrule field.

Enk

makes good threads.
Maxrpg said:
Hmm... there must be an OoT adventure stage or something, notice how the music is quite upbeat? Or it might be the music for Hyrule Castle (OoT). Maybe OoT hyrule castle is unlockable.

You're not thinking big enough. I would much rather fight in Hyrule field (with the castle in the background of course).

RagnarokX said:
What if the stage is a OoT Hyrule Cruise? Platform flies around or teleports to every major location in OoT's Hyrule :D

As long as these flying platforms have grabbable edges (unlike Melee's Mute City platform) they can put as many of those stages in the game as they want. Seeing OoT's world graphically re-imagined would be amazing.

usea

WastingPenguins said:
Huh what? I guess maybe if you never played Ocarina the song might not be too exciting.

The other musical updates were okay, but not too exciting for me. Oddly enough, this one has me more excited for the game than anything else yet posted on the site. Hoooooly shit. So awesome.
I preordered oot, got the gold cart on day 1 and I've beaten it several times getting everything. I used to visit videogamerx's site several times a day and fly around with the hookshot no-sword glitch for hours.

I think this arrangement is bland and it feels like a really odd fit for the songs in the medley.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Michan said:
Oh God, Sakurai definitely reads GAF. He posted this just to provoke more arguments and heat up the Sheik debate.

:lol

Surely it couldn't be that he just revealed Zelda and thought it was appropriate to reveal some Zelda music?

Oblivion

Smelly5ocks said:
Am I right in assuming that all the Music In Smash bros Brawl will not be MIDI?

Sakurai said originally that it was all gonna be orchestrated.

VegaShinra

usea said:
I preordered oot, got the gold cart on day 1 and I've beaten it several times getting everything. I used to visit videogamerx's site several times a day and fly around with the hookshot no-sword glitch for hours.

I think this arrangement is bland and it feels like a really odd fit for the songs in the medley.
What's bland about this mix? The mix is very upbeat and everything but bland.

Linkzg said:
please Sakurai, I beg you, put the Dragon Roost Island theme into the game.

One of the best zelda songs if not one of the best computer game songs, but i doubt it will be in it.

Update was cool, love the new song.

im starting to think SSBB will have 3 or more Zelda based stages (or, more like it better have 3 or more Zelda based stages)

this could be for an updated Hyrule castle stage (with the caves on the bottom tweaked), then they need a Twilight Princess one (I think this would be cool, but with a changing background or something to that effect), then a Wind Waker one on Dragon Roost Island or on Tetra's ship.

Smelly5ocks said:
I'm sure we'll get the classic Super Mario Brothers overworld theme somewhere in there, just like it was in the original game.

And Mario makes that midi coin jingle everytime his up B connects. So, no there will be midi in this game.

I can't wait to hear the orchestrated Kid Icarus opening theme when they get around to revealing that.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
**** the game, the first thing I'm going to buy is the OST! and I can't wait the hear the Pokémon Stadium remixed theme

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Smelly5ocks said:

Definitely not this quality midi. It makes sense that for now they will give us their early arrangements in basic midi form and for the version in the game use better samples/orchestrated music.

scottnak

Michan said:
EPONA'S SONG INCLUDED

EPONA PLAYABLE CHARACTER CONFIRMED

Have I got the hang of GAF speculation yet.
Nicely done sir. Start off the wild speculation with a hearty jab. Good show.
Treasure the last few moments of this greatness we have experienced.

hot damn! While I was listening to this, I kept thinking that this sounded like something that Michiko Naruke would arrange. Then I look at the arrangement supervisor, and there she was! Someone give me a cookie. :)

Oblivion

Damn, looking back I realize I actually didn't like most of melee's soundtrack. I mean, there were a few standout **** awesome ones, but most of the new arrangements were pretty forgettable. Brawl doesn't seem to have that problem, so far.

I can see it now

"Hyrule Stage"

This is a very unique and special stage, and Zelda fans are in for a treat. The platform goes through a "time vortex" that travels between every major Zelda game...in chronological order!

As the Brawlers reach each new time period, a new landscape is depicted. Here during Ocarina of Time, we see the battle go from the raging lava Fire Temple to a stampede at Lon Lon Ranch.

Could that be the Temple of Time? Who could that dark figure in the shadows possibly be?

Favorite character from each era will also make an appearance as the stage progresses. Lookout for that wave, Tetra!

Yes, even a certain 35-year-old fairy makes a brief cameo!

justchris

TSA said:
Please. Stop. Posting.

Fail....

Fail what? Okay, no, it wasn't mentioned in game, it was in the manual. Sorry, I still read the manuals to all my games to this day, because they used to actually contain useful story tidbits and I was a reader before I was a gamer. When I get home, I can find the proof for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom