• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sule

Neo C. said:
btw, I wonder how Sakurai handed the soundtracks to the composers. I mean, not everyone has the luck like Michiko Naruke for creating a theme with the Zelda tracks. Did they decided by playing dice?

I think somewhere at the beginning of this thread there was some speculation that maybe you would have multiple compositions of the same song made by different composers and that the game could randomly (or you could yourself) pick one of them for that particular stage. Because like you said a lot of the composers would want to do some Zelda themes. This would be an awesome solution, for the composer and especially for us.

zallaaa

Sule said:
I think somewhere at the beginning of this thread there was some speculation that maybe you would have multiple compositions of the same song made by different composers and that the game could randomly (or you could yourself) pick one of them for that particular stage. Because like you said a lot of the composers would want to do some Zelda themes. This would be an awesome solution, for the composer and especially for us.

if that's the case I hope they add some kind of jukebox functionality, I could fire the game up only to listen to the soundtrack!

zallaaa said:
if that's the case I hope they add some kind of jukebox functionality, I could fire the game up only to listen to the soundtrack!

Well SSB/SSBM both had a Sound Test (even though it was an unlockable), so you'll most likely get that once again in Brawl.

Rezbit

You know, as I sit here and reflect upon this game, I realize how hyped myself and (seemingly) everyone else is for this game. And you know what? While this info has been great, they have hardly even revealed any bombshells! I expect as this game gets closer to release we will see some very tantalizing information about it.

Jenga

Banned
God, the OST to this game will be incredible. Even if the game fails to live up to my expectations, the music is great enough to redeem all of that.

jrricky

Banned
That was soothing to the ears. OMG, I just thought about this - Game of the Year is going to have so much contenders its not even funny. Game journalists are going to have a hard time making a choice between SSBB, MP3, SMG, Halo3, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and so much more...its going to be an epic year.:)

Sheik SEPARATE character.
Zelda transforms into Dark/Puppet/Whatever Zelda.

Also
Thursday's update, or so I hear, reveals TAG TEAM MOVES.

"Team up with a friend - or foe. Unleash devastating attacks on your enemies! Some moves can even have a large effect on the terrain, changing the stage dramatically!

I wonder what happens if 3 characters team up."

And where did you hear such awesome stuff? If this makes it into the game, its going to be more amazing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
gimz said:
do you think by any chance they will be crazy enough to not put the sound test room in SSBB?

No. They had one in SSBM didn't they?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I should resubscribe to Nintendo Power in case they release a second Smash Live! again...

Brandon F said:
Bah, they remixed the wrong song from OoT.

Gerudo Valley is the real deal.

Personally, I was glad to see the other songs (for instance, the awesome Song of Storms) get a little time to shine. Gerudo Valley is great but is also horribly horribly horribly over-remixed. More or less OOT's equivalent of CT's "Time Circuits" in the world of remixing.

Ramenman

Brandon F said:
Bah, they remixed the wrong song from OoT.

Gerudo Valley is the real deal.

Yes but It's so awesome on its own that it would be a shame to have to choose only a bit of it for a medley.

There are no words to describe the awesomeness. :O :O :O Every bit of music they previously put up has me going nuts bouncing off the walls, Zelda (my favourite game series) obviously blew my mind completely.

Brunette Zelda is weird....... and hot.
drool1.gif

Needs more Twilight Princess theme remix/level though! Please do it, sucha beautiful tune.

Jesus, the Zelda medley owns; I would imagine pulling together so many different themes is no mean feat, but the arranger did a great job.

I am frothing to see what they do with Tanaka's Icarus themes.

Jiggy

OoT medley, Zelda has no sword or bow in her pictures, it all adds up. It's confirmed. Zelda's keeping
Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind

Yeah.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
APZonerunner said:
Anyway, the other thing I thought was that since this came right after the Zelda update this must be "Zelda's Level" per se. Being OOT music, this makes it slightly more likely to me that Zelda is OOT-Zelda, in turn making Shiek more likely.

Link is more clearly TP link looking at his costume, and I hope his moves (spinner please!) will reflect this. Zelda kinda makes more SENSE as OOT Zelda, as at least in OOT she was like a secret ninja, perfect for Smash. Wonder what the TP level will be.
They're obviously using the TP Zelda model, not the OOT model, so why would it make more sense that she's the OOT version? It's relatively easy for the dev team to include multiple levels and/or music tracks per franchise...they had SMB3 music in Melee, that didn't mean we saw Tanooki Mario as a character right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
XiaNaphryz said:
They should just do one epic medley-mix of Zelda music spanning all the games. :D
The last track on the Nintendo Sound History Series - Zelda The Music CD is a 9 minute medley consisting of music from most of the console Zelda titles.

Jackano

BGBW said:
The last track on the Nintendo Sound History Series - Zelda The Music CD is a 9 minute medley consisting of music from most of the console Zelda titles.

But this one is not so epic. It's a techno-style track, not orchestral, by Shinji Hosoe.

Actually Outset Island would make an excellent level. It would scroll from Grandma's house, fighting on the rooftops, maybe with random Sturgen attacks, across the river, up the path, across the bridge which breaks when the pirates blow away the side of the mountain, revealing the place where Tetra was taken, with the tree stumps and tree leaves as platforms.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
turkification said:
What's up with the sheik debate?
Fixed, both sides have been pretty idiotic. I say drop all the speculation and just take what info the site gives you. No amount of debate or posturing is going to make any real difference in whether Shiek, either character or moveset, ultimately gets into the game. There's more important things to speculate about - like is Daisy going to be a color pallete swap for Peach again? :D

So anyway, as cool as this is, I get the feeling this is a very short sample of the songs used in the medley. I'd expect the actual thing contains the "proper" Zelda tune in there at some point. And if its OOT, there MUST be Kakariko and Gerudo themes in there.

Datschge

Android18a said:
I get the feeling this is a very short sample
QFT. All samples so far are definitely cut short (just to what degree we don't know yet). Once in-game the tracks surely have smooth looping point while all samples so far fade out while playing in a different style or melody than at the start.

I love how Sakurai indirectly does plenty promotion for VGM and its composers by including such updates on the site. :D

Zeed

Banned
turkification said:
What's up with the sheik hate?
It's not hate, it's just that Shiek, as we know her from Melee, has almost certainly been removed. Scroll back a few pages if you want to see the whole mess unfold.

Datschge said:
QFT. All samples so far are definitely cut short (just to what degree we don't know yet).
Well this clip only included the basic songs you get as a kid in OoT. It doesn't have any of the "teleport" songs (Prelude of Light, Bolero of Fire, etc). I'm hoping those will be included too.

Nintaiyo

This is just too awesome...

Anyway, I'm thinking that they different melodies will be extended and that this music clip is just to show us a sample of what to expect. So I expect each melody to take up almost a minute or so. Who knows, maybe the music will shift depending on the stage conditions. I must say that I think the music updates are one of my favorites.

dfyb

Banned
Zeed said:
It's not hate, it's just that Shiek, as we know her from Melee, has almost certainly been removed. Scroll back a few pages if you want to see the whole mess unfold.
assuming that a fighting game known for having a collection of new and classic nintendo characters alike will be basing it's gameplay purely on the progression of the original games is very foolish.

smash bros doesn't have to get rid of shiek because smash bros isn't a zelda game. shiek doesn't have to be a transformation of zelda -- they wouldn't have to be inconsistant with zelda lore. shiek is an essential character in melee and the developers know that. hell, shiek could be getting her own level (which uses this ocarina of time medley). shiek is a representation of OoT, as is the medley -- OoT is a classic game worth representing. OoT is even playable on wii VC. thinking they have to erase any evidence that OoT existed in brawl is just way off.

i'm not denying the possibility they'll get rid of shiek, but the reasoning behind people thinking shiek is definitely gone is just ridiculous. i'm betting there's like a 70% chance shiek stays, but as her own character.

Zeed

Banned
dfyb said:
i'm betting there's like a 70% chance shiek stays, but as her own character.
Zeed said:
It's not hate, it's just that Shiek, as we know her from Melee, has almost certainly been removed.
If Shiek does return, I agree, it will be as her own character, and probably significantly different from her Melee appearance. There's no way Sakurai would be so lazy as to make ZSS, a spotlighted premier newcomer, a mere clone of another character of Brawl.

That said, my prediction is that Shiek is out completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom