• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Mike}

Banned
Shinobix said:
How many day til E3? 11?

9 days

I hope we can collect a shit ton of stuff in this game. I really liked the trophies in Melee, and they could do something with the AT that involves collecting. Or, add badges/medals/bios to unlock.

E-phonk

Banned
6bjhs9i.jpg

Win!

Dr.Hadji

{Mike} said:
9 days

I hope we can collect a shit ton of stuff in this game. I really liked the trophies in Melee, and they could do something with the AT that involves collecting. Or, add badges/medals/bios to unlock.

I have a feeling assist trophies will function pretty much like playable trophies. Just like in Melee, you collect em but this time they can also play with you.

dfyb

Banned
Dr.Hadji said:
I have a feeling assist trophies will function pretty much like playable trophies. Just like in Melee, you collect em but this time they can also play with you.
yeah i'm hoping for this too

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
{Mike} said:
That would be ****ing cool. I'd love to see that happen.

{Mike} said:
9 days

I hope we can collect a sh!t ton of stuff in this game. I really liked the trophies in Melee, and they could do something with the AT that involves collecting. Or, add badges/medals/bios to unlock.

9 Days!!!
9 DAYS TIL WE GET NEW MARIO, METROID, SMASH BROS FOOTAGE??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

OMG HEADEXPLODES.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I've seen raiden mentioned as a wanted assist trophy, but I'd prefer to see meryl. It would be amazing if they could include her all the MGS1 bosses as assist trophies.

DefectiveReject said:
9 Days!!!
9 DAYS TIL WE GET NEW MARIO, METROID, SMASH BROS FOOTAGE??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

OMG HEADEXPLODES.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Don't keep your hopes up. Remember this is a game made by Nintendo. They hush hush things as long as possible alot of times.

:lol Oh shiet for a second there I thought Samurai Goro was a playable character.

Maaaaan, Assist Trophies are gonna give total Nintendo fanboys like me even more of an orgasm when playing this game! This is truly going to be something special for us. :D

The history, the shout outs, the music! All this ON-TOP of a (no doubt) already amazingly crazy mega fun multi-player game. :D

perfectchaos007 said:
Don't keep your hopes up. Remember this is a game made by Nintendo. They hush hush things as long as possible alot of times.
They come out in August and probably November and December for Mario and Smash.
People played Mario Galaxy last E3 so i expect they'll get to play it again
Metroid out in August so this will be the first new hands on
And Smash will be hands on no doubt and probably steal the GOTS award

rdellw

This news = incredible, at first i just saw the Samurai Goro update and was like wtf, came to this thread, saw you guys talking about 'assist trophies' so I went back and double checked, my jaw dropped. They can have a cast of like a hundred Nintendo characters with this!

Also, E3 is in 9 days? Does anyone know if they'll be a press conference and live feed, like the years before? ;(

Interesting update, so is the item like a pokeball where you throw it and a character comes out to help or does it change you into the character?

goomba

Banned
I wouldnt be surprised if buying other games, saving games to the wii unlocks new assist trophies. Better than microtransactions.

Dina

flipping_heck said:
Interesting update, so is the item like a pokeball where you throw it and a character comes out to help or does it change you into the character?

The former.

Anyway, interesting idea with a lot of possibilities considering the immense library of Nintendo, but in the end it's still an upgraded pokeball.

NeonZ

Fire Emblem: Mia, Boyd, Gatrie, Titania, Shinon (I think that was his name... the Sniper)

I hope the Fire Emblem assists will be generic units- like a generic Swordmaster, General, Paladin, etc with a random pallet. That way they won't be completely outdated when FE dumps the current setting.

E-phonk

Banned
rdellw said:
Also, E3 is in 9 days? Does anyone know if they'll be a press conference and live feed, like the years before? ;(
Press conference > check
Live feed > Nintendo, gamespot, (others?!) , so yes.

Ramenman

*just read about the Assist Trophies*

OMG HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IDEA OF THE CENTURY.

ATTACK ITS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE FANSERVICE !!!

Seriously now all the guys I thought couldn't make an apparition because of the lack of attack moves can now be in.
This is absolutely wonderful.

Now I want EVERY ****in videogame character to be in this game.

Best Fanservice EVER.

OMG 9 DAYS.

WAHHH!!!

I HATE IT >_<

This new item means that we´ll see many great characters, and always think "wow, how much fun would it be if i could play with that character".

Sakura, dare you make Ridley a non-playable character----- >-|

MasterMFauli said:
WAHHH!!!

I HATE IT >_<

This new item means that we´ll see many great characters, and always think "wow, how much fun would it be if i could play with that character".

Sakura, dare you make Ridley a non-playable character----- >-|
Do you sit at home in a unicorn t-shirt watching TV going "WHY DID THEY HAVE TO INVENT UNICORNS IN FICTION IF WE CAN'T HAVE THEM IN REAL LIFE ;___;"

ShockingAlberto said:
Do you sit at home in a unicorn t-shirt watching TV going "WHY DID THEY HAVE TO INVENT UNICORNS IN FICTION IF WE CAN'T HAVE THEM IN REAL LIFE ;___;"

While this is true, indeed...
come on, it´ll suck big time when you throw a trophy and Ridley pops out...looking awsome...bu you cant controll him.

I have Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars, so i know how much it sucks having characters that cant be controlled :-/

Kreed

Shinobix said:
Jump Ultimate Stars confirmed

My thoughts exactly. :lol Smash Brothers needed an item like this. Hopefully we get a huge assortment of assist characters. I can see it now, Tetris Blocks, Huge Twilight Princess bosses, King Hippo, the list goes on.

GhaleonQ

Suburban Cowboy said:
they should have taken out pokeballs if they were adding this item.

Are you somehow expressing your displeasure at blatant, awesome fanservice?! Do you not dream of epic confrontations between Bidoof and Prince Poo?!

Suburban Cowboy said:
they should have taken out pokeballs if they were adding this item.
I think you are right in the sense that he needs to be careful to balance the two. Things could be too crazy if he doesn't do so. I'm sure the problem will be solved by being able to control frequency of items.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Saw the update this morning but haven't had the chance to post snce I've been doing a shedload of printing for my mum, a shedload.
What can I say that hasn't already been said, fantastic update meaning the rest of the week will look, well weak.

Also, since there was a little debate on Wario's moves, I decided to look at a selection of his moves from his past games to see where inspiration could be drawn from.

wariomoves.png

radiuhm

Seems like there's gonna be a ton of items, think this will effect how pro's play, or will they still play with items off.

Dr.Hadji

radiuhm said:
Seems like there's gonna be a ton of items, think this will effect how pro's play, or will they still play with items off.

The problem isn't the items but how the items show up on the stages. Beyond exploding capsules and crates, the way they grace the playing field with their presence is pretty much only encourages chaos. Now if Sakurai and crew could provide multiple item systems.............

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I think its safe to assume that any character (including moveset), item, or environment that's been in any preview movie for the game will be playable in some shape, way, or form by this point.

thefro

Grecco said:
Nintendogs!

Wonder if Dr Kawashima will be an assist trophy too. Gotta bring in the Non Gamers. :lol

It'd be funny if the other players had to solve math problems to keep from getting wailed on by Dr. Kawashima's head.

I called this item on one of the previous smash threads :D

too bad most characters who had a chance to be playable will now be assist trophies, and I can see mr. game and watch becoming one as well

Jiggy

NeonZ said:
I hope the Fire Emblem assists will be generic units- like a generic Swordmaster, General, Paladin, etc with a random pallet. That way they won't be completely outdated when FE dumps the current setting.
I thought of that originally, but even the sprite designs of the FE units have changed over time and will change again. I figured if they're going to be outdated one way or another, might as well use recognizable characters.

You did remind me, though. I want Advance Wars Mechs and NeoTanks to pop out and shoot stuff. Mostly Mechs.

If I were to decide the Assist Trophies, it'd consist of...

1. Nintendog (with many variations - Shiba Inu, Dalmatian, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Labrador, etc.)
2. Samurai Goroh
3. Hammer Bros.
4. Tingle (floats into the air and flings neutral bombs - that is, they damage everyone they hit)
5. Professor Kawashima (no ****ing idea what he'd do)
6. Raving Rabbids (running around the arena at high speeds waving tennis rackets and kicking soccer balls)
7. Navi (would annoy the Hell out of everyone)
8. Goomba (minor distraction)
9. Octorok (shoots rocks)
10. Gibdo (does heavy damage to anyone - if damaged, will turn into a ReDead)
11. Koopa Troopa (same as before)
12. Like-Like (eats anyone it comes close to)
13. Waddle Dee (varies - some carry a hammer, some carry a parasol, some carry a sword)
14. Metroid (steals energy from opponents and gives it to you)
15. Karate Guy (from Rhythm Tengoku - punches objects towards opponents)
16. Punch-Out!! boxer (varies - could be Glass Joe, Bald Bull, King Hippo, or Mr. Dream)

Such an awesome feature. Thanks HAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom