• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramenman

Firestorm said:
How is it "un-smash"? o_O;

Un-smash I don't know, But I don't want it either.

Even though it can be very complex when it comes to playing as a pro, One great thing I love in Smash Bros is that "simple" feeling you and everybody playing the game gets from it.
Maybe more like a "anyone can enjoy it" feeling.

Some people I played with just days ago didn't know the game, and they already felt a bit confused by the number of characters and which one to choose.

I don't need this "now you've chosen your character, choose some AT guys you don't even know about !" crap to alienate them, or to make you waste 10 more minutes.
Heck, it could even annoy me :p

Plus there's already one game doing it, as everybody said.

Edit :

viewtifulsmash.jpg

This whole silhouette thing reminds me of the "don't read too much into it" ONM shit with Leon. :D

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
ivysaur12 said:
If Kalas, Sagi, Milly, or Guillo are assist characters, I don't think I could be happier.

At the very least they should be assists. Nintendo needs to invest in the BK series cause they need a good, unique RPG. Guillo I think would be perfect for SSBB, so would Savyna, some of the other character namely Kalas, Sagi and Milly would be pretty good fits too.

Jiggy

ivysaur12 said:
If Kalas, Sagi, Milly, or Guillo are assist characters, I don't think I could be happier.
I don't care too much for Sagi, but everything for Milly and Guillo. >_> Make it happen, Nintendo, you and your majority share in Monolith.

tribal24

Banned
Haunted One said:
Well, with the Assist trophies unveiled, I have to retract a statement I made earlier: Sheik is not out, but definitely in the game
as an assist

yes i guess we can say goodbye to some other charecters aswell-_- i hope shiek is in as playable though-_-

Xeke

Banned
superbank said:
It should be random.

I'm sure some players will come up with crazy instant death combos with certain assists. If they can achieve that after every 4 or 5 items it won't be fun.

Thats why you should play itemless. :D

Somnid

God working sucks, now I can't stay up all night for this.

Anyway, really cool. It's that grand idea that let's those people have their characters that were never-ever going to happen or would over-crowd the roster.

Cruceh

Banned
Xeke said:
Thats why you should play itemless. :D
Boring.

I think it should be random too. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Jump Ultimate Stars with people spamming sena, trunks, and seiya until they win. Online with random people is always full of weaksauce.

justchris

Oh God, I've missed so much. Assist characters are ****ing phenomenal idea. After all, they were running out of useful pokemon to include. Maybe they'll have an assist character who ends up being useless, like Goldine (or however it's name is spelled)?

For you tournament, no items fighters, you do know you can turn items on/off separately in Melee (and probably in Brawl). Wouldn't a tournament where you just turn off the broken items be more fun? Hell, even just playing with friends I ususally turn off the Hammer by general agreement.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I don't care too much for Sagi, but everything for Milly and Guillo. >_> Make it happen, Nintendo, you and your majority share in Monolith.

I just wanted to put Sagi and Kalas on there because even though I would perfer Milly, Guillo, or even Mizuti or Savyna to be assist characters, if we were to get BK characters, it'd probably be Sagi or Kalas ><

Jiggy

Yeah, I know what you mean. :( Comes with the territory, gotta get the boring archetypical heroes out of the way before they can put in the much awesomer and more colorful sidekicks.
And Mizuti would own.

ivysaur12 said:
I just wanted to put Sagi and Kalas on there because even though I would perfer Milly, Guillo, or even Mizuti or Savyna to be assist characters, if we were to get BK characters, it'd probably be Sagi or Kalas ><

I'd love The Apotheosis/Binding Wings as Overdrives Final Smashes.

Cruceh said:
Boring.

I think it should be random too. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Jump Ultimate Stars with people spamming sena, trunks, and seiya until they win. Online with random people is always full of weaksauce.

That's why... they won't be able to call strikers at whim. Because that would be stupid.

Also, MvC 2 is a broken pile of shit, anyone who suggest Smash should resemble it in ANY way is a lunatic.

And.. boring maybe if you and the opponent aren't good, therefore not skilled enough to keep you interested? Understood!

Firestorm said:
The idiots at NSider actually think that Assist Trophies will be the reason we'll get fewer characters. Ugh >_<

Idiots are thinking that here, too :(.

Firestorm

justchris said:
Oh God, I've missed so much. Assist characters are ****ing phenomenal idea. After all, they were running out of useful pokemon to include. Maybe they'll have an assist character who ends up being useless, like Goldine (or however it's name is spelled)?

For you tournament, no items fighters, you do know you can turn items on/off separately in Melee (and probably in Brawl). Wouldn't a tournament where you just turn off the broken items be more fun? Hell, even just playing with friends I ususally turn off the Hammer by general agreement.

Doesn't stop exploding capsules/boxes or the fact that they randomly come down to give a random advantage to one player. Remember. Items were used in early tournaments and eventually taken out!

It's spelled Goldeen btw ;) They need Charmander back! Like how he was in that Saffron City stage at least. I'll kick anyone's ass if they KO that guy while he's doing his thing >=(

Cruceh said:
Elitist
pro? lols
players are elitist. Because everyone who doesn't play the same way sucks. Understood!

It goes both ways though ;) Kiss and make up!

Zeed

Banned
Less than three hours until Japan Time. Gentlemen, start your predictions!

I'm going to predict a stage again tonight, and every night until I'm right.

ant1532

Banned
Updated OP. It's getting way to big(I actually couldn't add much more text, wouldn't work)

So the updates are only going to be from the latest 2 weeks. And I added assists thanks to Cosmonaunt X like usual :D

Jiggy

I figure it'll be something, anything from the Mario universe (including Yoshi, but not including Wario). It's been the longest since we've seen anything from there. In any case, no Zelda or Star Fox stuff.

I'm still going with a character Meta-Knight, Zero Suit Samus, or maybe a returning character from the previous games. (They eventually have to reveal Donkey Kong, or Captain Falcon)

Boken

Banned
Haha I'll try this game for once, instead of lurking.
Non sequitor guess of another item!!!!! (I'd rather a new stage though)

Zeed

Banned
Kureishima said:
A weird game you guys play here..
Welcome to Japan Time, we have punch and pie. Place a bet, make yourself at home. It's like a Mini-E3, every day. Crow may or may not be served shortly.

Bo130

{Mike} said:
I fear this update won't hold up to yesterday's update.

That's not a fear. Except confirmation of online in the game or a release date I can't see anything beat yesterdays update. Esp. not the day after!

Zeed

Banned
Bo130 said:
That's not a fear. Except confirmation of online in the game or a release date I can't see anything beat yesterdays update. Esp. not the day after!
Confirming Lyn as a playable character would pretty much make my year. That, and (to a lesser extent) Tetra as an assist trophy are the only things left on my SSBB wish list.

{Mike}

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
A stage wouldn't hold up to yesterday's update either. :p
You are wrong. You know why?

What if they announce CUSTOM stages? Like, you could create your own stage with a little map editor, keeping it simple yet adding a lot of replay value. I would shit my pants. Twice. Actually, I'd pee over the floor too.

Rezbit

{Mike} said:

What if they announce CUSTOM stages? Like, you could create your own stage with a little map editor, keeping it simple yet adding a lot of replay value. I would shit my pants. Twice. Actually, I'd pee over the floor too.

Oh my god...that is the best idea ever. Quick, someone email Nintendo...DO SOMETHING, WE MUST SEE THIS IN THE GAME!

legend166

{Mike} said:

Let me take it one further: Stages can be shared through WiiConnect24.

Brawl = LittleBigPlanet killer am confirmed.

The last part was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom