• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
assist03_070710a.jpg

Well THAT was unexpected. o_O

dfyb

Banned
damn... what i was afraid of seems to be true. when you launch a support character, you dissapear and it takes your place for the duration.

If Dr.Wright is a trophy, I can't help but wonder, not only how many, but just how esoteric the characters will be.

I didn't kow Wright was a Nintendo character, but I do remember him as a trophy from Melee.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Look at the level. Is this still Pit's stage?

assist03_070710d.jpg

It looks like a platform appeared to carry the fighters above the ruins where we normally see them in this level. Unless it's an all new
(boring looking)
stage.

ohamsie

Haha, never a character I would of thought to include, but now that I see him I'm glad he's in this game. :lol
He's the perfect fit for an assist trophy.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
assist03_070710c-l.jpg

"Starting today, you’re the mayor!"

:lol

I never played the SNES edition so I'm indifferent towards this update. It's cool that he makes building pop up, I guess.

Danthrax said:
Look at the level. Is this still Pit's stage?

assist03_070710d.jpg

It looks like a platform appeared to carry the fighters above the ruins where we normally see them in this level. Unless it's an all new
(boring looking)
stage.
Looks like an item he has thrown or something as they are all falling back from the top of it, and it looks a little out of place from the rest of the level

Rlan

dfyb said:
damn... what i was afraid of seems to be true. when you launch a support character, you dissapear and it takes your place for the duration.

The assist trophy page says you can't control them at all though. I think the 'hit' image is just for effect.. hopefully.

dfyb said:
I'm still not 100% sure about this, since we didn't even see who summoned him. It may've been one of the three in the shot, in which case, some of the assist trophies will attack indiscriminatley (sp).

What? You mean THAT Dr. Wright? The one from the SNES version of SimCity? Well, I guess Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the kind of game where anyone can show up and anything can happen!

Suddenly a skyscraper pops up out of nowhere!

The fighters are completely blown away by the skyscraper that just shot up underneath them.

Awesome. Now THAT’S what I call city-building.

dfyb

Banned
Rlan said:
The assist trophy page says you can't control them at all though. I think the 'hit' image is just for effect.. hopefully.
well yeah, you use the item, your character is replaced by the trophy, and you twiddle your thumbs while the assist trophy does its work.

i've never seen a screenshot with 4 characters AND an assist trophy and whenever the screenshots show the character with the trohpy and then the deployed trophy, it's in roughly the same spot and the character who used the item is nowhere to be found.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
dfyb said:

You might be right. I was wondering why there were only three fighters in this pic:
assist03_070710d.jpg

Also, your idea explains these two sequential pics:
assist01_070702b.jpg

assist01_070702c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom