• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Just got home from my honeymoon in Japan. SO THRILLED that they will have some Spirited Away and Howl prints online too! :) Spent a boatload at the Ghibli Museum.. snagged this shirt which will always be a wonderful reminder. :)

95bcf4eae54a11e2913d22000a9e2892_7.jpg

Couple other pics..

Sadly you can't take pictures inside the museum or I would have taken a million. I did take this video of walking up the stairs outside to the roof to see the Laputa robot: http://instagram.com/p/bXu_-XKoEB/

OMFG I NEED THAT T-SHIRT!!!!!

Meier

OMFG I NEED THAT T-SHIRT!!!!!

They had it in a few color options. It's about $40 which was a lot for a shirt but I couldn't pass it up! I imagine some folks sell them on eBay..

Edit: I actually just searched and didn't see any completed listings. Well, good luck either way!

Right, I keep forgetting to post these, as they're smaller, but I happened upon Alice X. Zhang while at Anime Expo last week. She's a very popular tumblr artist and has works on Threadless, Society 6 and recently a gallery (I forget what the name is off the top of my head).

Anyways, I snagged some postcard sized prints as well as these. All are based off BBC's Sherlock.

The smallest 'prints' are stickers.

I'll probably just get some mat board and some bags or get some cheap frames. Not sure which just yet.

Meier

I bought my wife an iPhone case from one of her Sherlock works (the top right image in your second pic) off Society6. Big fan of Alice's.

I bought my wife an iPhone case from one of her Sherlock works (the top right image in your second pic) off Society6. Big fan of Alice's.

Nice and believe me, if she had them at AX, I'd have bought one or two lol.

Great person, especially since it was her first time at a con. I spent a good chunk of cash at her table alone lol. But it was worth it for me.

lupinko

Right, I keep forgetting to post these, as they're smaller, but I happened upon Alice X. Zhang while at Anime Expo last week. She's a very popular tumblr artist and has works on Threadless, Society 6 and recently a gallery (I forget what the name is off the top of my head).

Anyways, I snagged some postcard sized prints as well as these. All are based off BBC's Sherlock.

The smallest 'prints' are stickers.

I'll probably just get some mat board and some bags or get some cheap frames. Not sure which just yet.

Yeah she's great, I got the Jules and Landa from her recent gallery, I haven't framed them yet tho.

omgkitty

They had it in a few color options. It's about $40 which was a lot for a shirt but I couldn't pass it up! I imagine some folks sell them on eBay..

Edit: I actually just searched and didn't see any completed listings. Well, good luck either way!

Damn that is an expensive shirt. I'm sure they wouldn't have it in a 2xl regardless given it's in Japan.

Meier

Damn that is an expensive shirt. I'm sure they wouldn't have it in a 2xl regardless given it's in Japan.

They had a few other shirts including a Ponyo one that was even more expensive, heh (about $50). The shirt runs somewhat small as well unfortunately. I'm usually a Medium but I was basically always a Large in the shirts I tried there. You weren't allowed to try it on either so fortunately getting a L was the right choice.

keiichi

I was refreshing Mondos site like a jackass waitiing for the SDCC drops and never noticed they were on the misc page until it was too late :(

rinemy

Banned
Picked up both Conan
Got Spirited Away.

Missed Howl's but friend has me covered :)
I'll have some framed pieces for you guys to see very soon.

omgkitty

Nice. I can only be there Friday so Dark Tower was my only option. :(

I imagine you both will be at SDCC the whole duration?

I wonder how many people are still going to fuck up and think that they can pick them up any day that week. What will inevitably happen to the extras that no one gets?

Is that for sure? I think they're being signed on those days, but you may be able to come pick them up and not get it signed I would think?

omgkitty

but dude, Struzan is going to die soon. It'll be worth a fortune!!!!

(Mockingbird actually said this over late night ramen last week - though he was talking about The Thing print)

You're actually eating dinner with him? I think he's rotting your mind with his flipper ways!

Trasher

Is that for sure? I think they're being signed on those days, but you may be able to come pick them up and not get it signed I would think?

I'm fairly certain based purely on Mondo's descriptions:

This pre-sale is for San Diego Comic-Con badge holders ONLY. This print will NOT ship and will only be available for pick up at an exclusive signing event on Friday, July 19, 2013. You must present an order confirmation and valid ID (with the names matching on both order and ID) in order to redeem your poster. Please DO NOT purchase this poster if you will not be attending SDCC or cannot pick up the poster yourself, in person, on Friday, July 19. Failure to comply will result in your order being voided with NO REFUND.

From my confirmation email:

Order Confirmation
Tom Kipley,

This email confirms that your SDCC pre-order was received. You will be able to pick up your pre-order poster(s) at the Sails Pavilion (Booth AA07) during their corresponding signings. Below are dates and times for each release/signing: Martin Ansin will be signing his CONAN THE BARBARIAN (REGULAR & VARIANT) prints on Thursday, 7/18 from 11:30am-1:30pm. Drew Struzan will be signing his screenprint for Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER on Friday, 7/19 from 11:30am-1:30pm. Olly Moss will be signing his Studio Ghibli variants for SPIRITED AWAY & HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE on Saturday, 7/20 from 11:30am-1:30pm. Once upstairs at the Sails Pavilion there will be a Mondo representative there to check you in. You MUST bring a print out of this order confirmation email along with a valid photo i.d. that matches the name on this confirmation email. Failure to comply with this will result in your order being voided WITHOUT a refund. If you are unable to attend the signing for your poster you will have until the end of the corresponding day to claim it from Mondo Booth #936. Please note that you can NOT pick up your poster on any date other than the one listed above for each respective release (i.e. if you purchase Martin Ansins' CONAN THE BARBARIAN poster(s) you will have until the end of Thursday, 7/18 to claim it.)

Hopefully you guys can be there on the right days. This is specifically why I only ordered Dark Tower.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
but dude, Struzan is going to die soon. It'll be worth a fortune!!!!

(Mockingbird actually said this over late night ramen last week - though he was talking about The Thing print)

This exact train of thought is why, despite my need for money lately, I don't want to let go of my The Thing print yet. It's good to know there's other people with the same awful train of thought.

Moss

It kind of sucks knowing that if I or any of my "collectible" artist buddies were hit by a car and died tomorrow (touch wood), there'd be some people out there who'd welcome the news.

omgkitty

It kind of sucks knowing that if I or any of my "collectible" artist buddies were hit by a car and died tomorrow (touch wood), there'd be some people out there who'd welcome the news.

But then we wouldn't get any more prints :( Some people are dicks.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

yeah, I see your point, though please don't think Mockingbird said that seriously. he was more just joking around cause (long story short) Drew talks about how old he is a lot (which is how we got to that).

But then we wouldn't get any more prints :( Some people are dicks.

yup. I want to keep watching my favorite artists putting out work and evolving/growing their styles over their work and life.

Omie

That is pretty bunk. The longer folks like you are able to put out amazing pieces the better it is for us!

On a lighter note, I'm pretty pumped about the blindbox series. Any word on when those ship out? Thanks.

Sushigod7

On the subject of Drew can't wait to see the documentary he stuff is amazing and his stories are pretty entertaining too! Is anyone going to the screening at SDCC?

rinemy

Banned

Let's hope not. It's really dumb because in deceased cases someone always finds a way to make money off them.
I'm pretty sure someone's making money off of Tupac's name even though he been long dead. Hell every once in awhile there's like an all new album from him too.

And on another note, Olly, I still would love to have a sketchbox of Ryan Davis/Koffing.
Anything I can do to convince you print one out for SDCC?

NeoGAF Ash Thorp Commission for Metal Gear Solid is a GO!

20130622213313NeoGAF_logo_zps0a204778.png

I need a list of people who are IN

Assuming the price per print is $50, do you plan to purchase a NeoGAF commissioned Metal Gear Solid print by Ash Thorp? It will be an 18"x24" screenprint.

Please don't list your name unless you commit to purchasing. I need a solid list of people to determine price. The more people, the cheaper the price. Does not include shipping costs.

List of people in:

1. Mockingbird
2. jstevenson
3. omgkitty
4. vitaminwateryum
5. iamalegionnaire
6. DrAndonuts
7. Meier
8. Sushigod7
9. Bii
10. Sigma722
11. Hypertrooper
12. Kerrinck
13. Agent Dormer
14. Clipjoint
15. CorporateClown
16. Vyrance
17. Greyvvolf
18. Ramirez
19. newjeruse
20. keiichi
21. Egnirys
22. therealminime
23. Technosteve
24. Kalren
25. I should be doing hw
26. Salamando
27. lupinko
28. ()_listerfeend_()
29. Auron_Kale
30. Scyn
31. Deadly Cyclone
32. Deadly Cyclone's +1
33. Crazypanda_85
34. rinemy
35. rinemy's +1
37. kaskade
38. rikichi
39. kaizoku
40. Mockingbird's +1
41. deadbolt1388
42. Riptwo
43. Trasher
44. Zozobra
45. BreakyBoy
46. LaneDS
47. Dreweyes
48. Fletcher
49. fallengorn
50. tanuki
51. Slacky
52. tm24
53. BaronLundi
54. b3b0p
55. Captain Blood
56. airblade
57. I_Am_CC
58. smuf
59. Moss
60. Loctope
61. Omie
62. Filthy Slug
63. abq
64. Slacky's +1
65. Zeouterlimits
66. VGChampion
67. ColonelSkills
68. vitaminwateryum's + 1
69. My Name Is Luke
70. IronRinn
71. Zabka
72. CorporateClown's +1
73. ThePeoplesBureau
74. kilongs
75. Kerrinck
--------------------------
76. Glassboy
77. suplex
78. MaritalWheat
79. J-Man
60. ZROCOOL

Who is Ash Thorp?

http://ashthorp.com/
http://ashthorp.tumblr.com/

http://ashthorp.com/IRON-MAN-III-1

tumblr_mk0exuHceM1qetwo2o1_1280.png

tumblr_mpqdq0D5rr1qetwo2o1_1280.png

tumblr_mjuw5s0IUI1qetwo2o4_500.png

tumblr_mikltlf4UD1qetwo2o5_500.jpg

Let's hope not. It's really dumb because in deceased cases someone always finds a way to make money off them.
I'm pretty sure someone's making money off of Tupac's name even though he been long dead. Hell every once in awhile there's like an all new album from him too.

Just to clarify, what I said was in jest. I'm not praying for people to die to raise the value of my collection. Doesn't work anyways:

http://www.artbusiness.com/postprice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom