• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
NeoForte said:
Well first I would think that suit would be a bit thicker than normal clothes. So no real bounce. And second yea its not really meant to be taken realistically :p

The suit looks skin tight to me. It needs to be stretchy as well because Samus does acrobatic moves. Breasts falling down with gravity makes sense.

Blech, I see where they're going. No use discussing it now.

RagnarokX

CreatureX3 said:
Samus or Zelda? :lol

zerosuit_samus.jpg
zelda.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zerosuit_samus/zerosuit_samus_070719a-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zelda/zelda_070625c-l.jpg

My vote goes to Samus! :D
How about Selda or Zamus?!

seldanzamus.jpg

I feel like I accidently went to Gamefaqs forums...

I kinda wished that the update would say if ZS Samus was playable without the Final Smash and all that business.

ant1532

Banned
Great update, can't believe some of you said it wasn't... Some of you are getting spoiled hella...

Also, one more character left to be on the site that we know about. Show Meta Knight and we have all the characters we know about on there.

ant1532

Banned
He said he doesn't show hidden characters on the Official site before the game comes out. He announced in his old blog that Snake will be a hidden character.

Seems like Zero Suit Samus will not be that weak. If she's "weak" like Sheik I have no problem with that :D

I never played as Samus in Smash before but I might start with Brawl, she seems to kick a lot of asses and being a Sheik player I feel that I'll like her alternative form :D And she's HAWT :lol

usea

ant1532 said:
He said he doesn't show hidden characters on the Official site before the game comes out.
When did he say this? I don't exactly keep up with everything, but I don't remember seeing it.

ant1532

Banned
usea said:
When did he say this? I don't exactly keep up with everything, but I don't remember seeing it.
On his old blog. If you really need to see a link I suppose I can search one out for you.

Edit- Old blog is taken down and replaced by the new site but here is a rough translation(the blog was only in Japanese) of what update post I was talking about.

#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site] I can't just hold these characters back. "

The rest isn't too important. Except the last sentence. Sakurai says that having Snake as a hidden character rather than be part of the starting line-up is more fitting for a guest character.

In Smash Fist, he revealed hidden character after the game was released.

usea

That translation sounds like it shares the same origin as this one
One person emails Sakurai requesting that instead of having unlockables, that everything should simply be open form the start. Sakurai says that having secret characters is one of the fun parts of the Smash Brothers series. He says that in this digital age (this is not a direct translation, just my rewording of it), information moves far too quickly to be able to keep all of the characters a secret before the launch of the game. With Melee, in the weeks leading up to the game’s release, a new character was revealed each week. Not every single character was revealed, but some were. He says he wants to keep some characters secret until the “very end,” just as he did with Melee.

Related to the above, he mentions that Solid Snake is more fitting as a unlockable character, seeing as how he is a guest character, rather than being immediately available for play, even though we know he’ll be in the game.
I don't really draw the same conclusion you do. I don't see it being said explicitly that no hidden characters will be revealed until after the game's launch. Just that there are some hidden characters that won't be.

PkunkFury

I'm getting worried about the slow reveal of Yoshi. I'm worried they've done something to him. Something awful. Like grafting Baby Mario to his back *shudders*

Somnid

Nothing's wrong with the face, as someone pointed out both her and Zelda seem to be spawned of the same generic female model, so they are identical in that sense.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
GamerSoul said:
I like this pose.:D
Could you guys take this fawning somewhere else so the rest of us who would like to discuss the game won't get so creeped out?

So does this "reveal" today mean that once you perform a Final Smash for Samus that ZSS becomes a selectable character? I always thought that once you beat the "adventure mode" (or whatever they'll call it this time around) whilst using Samus that you'd have to fight ZSS at the end and unlock her as a separate character.

GamerSoul

It's not really clear as of now, do to the wording of the updates, but it would be a waste of time and resources just to have her character as limited as an Final Smash side-affect, like said before.

I think there will be a way to unlock her through the single player mode too.

This is so weird, in the SC threads you have people complaining about Ivy's DDs and in the Smash thread you've got people fapping left and right... somehow that seems backwards.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Mefisutoferesu said:
This is so weird, in the SC threads you have people complaining about Ivy's DDs and in the Smash thread you've got people fapping left and right... somehow that seems backwards.
Internet males.

I'm going to make an early bet for another "how to play" or "game modes" update tonight, been a long time since we've had one, although I'd much rather see things like stages and more character reveals.

{Mike}

Banned
Mefisutoferesu said:

yeah it's up and down

GamerSoul

Mefisutoferesu said:

I don't get the complaining about Ivy or Taki. They look decent enough.

Tommorow will most likely be a item. I hope I'm wrong.

ant1532

Banned
GamerSoul said:
I don't get the complaining about Ivy or Taki. They look decent enough.

Tommorow will most likely be a item. I hope I'm wrong.
It will be in one of these for sure though:

Items(assist, pokeballs, regular items)
Special Moves
Real lame how to play(Sprinting!)

I mean it can't be that good, the Finding Forever album was just leaked, that just took out all the other chances of something of good happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom