• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

Yeah that would be a cool poster I'd like to do a series based on 80's, 90's movies. I'd love to see what Gabz came up with for a Total Recall (orig) or Running Man since he did that amazing Predator poster. I'd be down for about any Tarantino film we'll cross that bridge after this one is done see what happens.

Those are my two favourite Arnold movies next to Predator. *brofist*

NateBear_large.jpg

Nate Bear "Super Sonic Bros."
Screenprint

18 x 24 inches

numbered edition of 50
http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/products/nate-bear-super-sonic-bros

rinemy

Banned
The Kid Who Draws finally revealed his poster today so let me share it with you guys.

Printing by Nakatomi Inc
5 color 24"x36" screenprint

Drop is on July 22nd.

120 regular
50 variant

sq0FtHB.jpg

Sushigod7

The Kid Who Draws finally revealed his poster today so let me share it with you guys.

Printing by Nakatomi Inc

Drop is on July 22nd.

120 regular
50 variant

I think this is one of my favorites he has done, the eva and akira were both cool but a little gruesome for me. I like this one most of the faces look pretty good.

Sigma722

I believe their quality is alright, but they like to do 2nd editions of a lot of stuff, and I heard about some crazy drama they had with this artist, and it sounded pretty unprofessional.

I believe their quality is alright, but they like to do 2nd editions of a lot of stuff, and I heard about some crazy drama they had with this artist, and it sounded pretty unprofessional.

I think Nakatomi (Tim Doyle) is just doing the printing, not releasing it, so there shouldnt be any 2nd runs

Jhriad

Printing by Nakatomi Inc

Drop is on July 22nd.

120 regular
50 variant

Maybe my birthday luck will make it so I can pick one of those variants up before it disappears.

Meier

I love the design on the Cowboy Bebop print but would never get it due to Faye's boobs hanging out.

I guess I can unfollow MTV Geek now.. must not have won the Mondo prize pack. :(

Sushigod7

I love the design on the Cowboy Bebop print but would never get it due to Faye's boobs hanging out.

I guess I can unfollow MTV Geek now.. must not have won the Mondo prize pack. :(

Good to know I can unfollow as well they send crap out every 30 sec.

rinemy

Banned
Anyone want to see some Olly? (I didn't pick any Villain prints up (Sold out in < 1 hour) :(
Friend has my Spirited Away so if anyone else got pictures of it they should post theres.

Anyways initial thought was that is poster is a lot more orange than expected. I was originally expecting a "Cream Soda" like color.
It's really hard to see just how orange it is with an iphone 5 camera but believe me, there is some orange in it. I swear.

u6yDJpx.jpg

gCb9L8z.jpg

vnsRh9m.jpg

Sorry the picture's aren't very focused. I'll try to correct them later.

LaneDS

Post pictures before it's framed ;) I wanna see. Still tossing around that purchase. Really want.

Took some photos but they came out awful (hooray iPhone camera), but the print looks really fantastic. Also the first time a print came with a pair of white gloves to handle it with, which I found amusing.

Here's a few of the aforementioned crappy photos that doesn't do any justice to it:

rinemy

Banned
This was Mark's Englert's secret poster from gallery 1988 at Comic Con Sunday.

No TV and No Beer (makes Homer go something...) =P
Mark Englert, Run Size of 100
36x12 on Black Paper

$(KGrHqJHJEMFHjO3c(RfBR7HupU98g~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJIMFHI-ft5EtBR7HunR!Tw~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16V,!yEE9s5jFJ+bBR7Hujud,g~~60_3.JPG

tm24

Yay! Got my Bebop! This is my first big print. So far have only grabbed some small stuff from the Game&Print Club and Olly's hero gicless. I don't know whether I hate you or love you PrintGaf, but i know my wallet definitely hate you

Cheska

Just picked up a variant edition! A little worried though as I completed my paypal check out and tried to re-direct back to the website I got an error and was brought to some Homestead page o_O

Sigma722

Just picked up a variant edition! A little worried though as I completed my paypal check out and tried to re-direct back to the website I got an error and was brought to some Homestead page o_O

Did you get a paypal receipt? If you did, you probably are good.

Meier

Yay! Got my Bebop! This is my first big print. So far have only grabbed some small stuff from the Game&Print Club and Olly's hero gicless. I don't know whether I hate you or love you PrintGaf, but i know my wallet definitely hate you

Congrats! I think that is his best print.. usually about 50% of the faces look a little off but he nailed this one. I would love a Bebop print but couldn't get past the underboob personally.

omgkitty

I passed on the Bebop print because it annoys the shit out of me that the art style doesn't match the show. Cowboy Bebop is probably my #1 wanted print, and I most likely won't be happy until Stout or Olly do something for it. I think the style Olly used on the Spirited Away print would be perfect for a Cowboy Bebop print.

Thank you, first "drop" print. I picked up the regular edition. I think the blue fits the color scheme of the show better.
Hope everyone who wants it gets a shot.

FYI I've been watching Moss's villians on eBay. A few normal auctions ended around $50.

Sigma722

I passed on the Bebop print because it annoys the shit out of me that the art style doesn't match the show. Cowboy Bebop is probably my #1 wanted print, and I most likely won't be happy until Stout or Olly do something for it. I think the style Olly used on the Spirited Away print would be perfect for a Cowboy Bebop print.

Hrm. I feel like it matches the show's style pretty well. Just seems a bit more glossy.

It sounds like you are likely never going to own a bebop print with those conditions :).

omgkitty

Hrm. I feel like it matches the show's style pretty well. Just seems a bit more glossy.

It sounds like you are likely never going to own a bebop print with those conditions :).

You never know. Olly likes Cowboy Bebop, so I can always hold out hope he finally decides to tackle it (the two Tank! prints and the paper cut out don't count).

Ash Thorp Metal Gear Solid Commission UPDATE:

Tomorrow (7/23/2013) or later in the evening today I will start collecting payments on the Ash Thorp Metal Gear Solid Commission.

Here is a sketch he submitted:

ASH_MGS_COMP_2_zps984b0687.png

I will send a private message to each member with instructions on where to make their down-payment of $20. Payment must be done via PayPal gift option. What will happen is I will be collecting payments from everyone up until July 31, 2013 while checking people off the list and then I will forward the entire amount to the artist. Every cent will be going to the artist.

As payments are made I will mark you off the list as paid.

Once payment is sent to Ash, I will ask for him to make a post on his blog to verify to everyone that I sent him the full amount.

To recap here are the list of people.

List of people in:

1. Mockingbird -- PAID REG + VAR SET INVOICED
2. jstevenson -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REG + VAR SET LOCAL PICK UP
3. omgkitty -- PAID REFUNDED
4. vitaminwateryum -- shipped 100% PAID - Variant with $20 pre-paid towards final cost.
5. iamalegionnaire -- shipped 100% PAID REG + VAR Matching SET w/ paprika/majos
6. DrAndonuts -- 100% PAID VARIANT
7. Meier -- 100% PAID VARIANT
8. Sushigod7 -- shipeoed 100% PAID REG + VAR MATCHING SET Majo S w/paprika
9. Bii -- shipped 100% PAID REGULAR w/ paprika
10. Sigma722 -- shipped 100% PAID REGULAR w/ paprika reg+var
11. Hypertrooper -- PAID VARIANT INTERNATIONAL INVOICED
12. Kerrinck -- REGULAR INTERNATIONAL BRAZIL INVOICED
13. Agent Dormer -- SHIPPED 100% PAID VARIANT
14. Clipjoint -- PAID VARIANT LOCAL PICK UP
15. CorporateClown -- PAID REG AND VARIANT MATCHING SET INTERNATIONAL Add Majo S invoiced
16. Vyrance --SHIPPED 100% PAID REG AND VARIANT MATCHING SET w/Majo SPaprika
17. Greyvvolf -- SHPPED 100% PAID Regular and Variant Matching #'d Set -- INTERNATIONAL invoiced
18. Ramirez -- shipped 100% PAID VARIANT
19. newjeruse -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REG AND VARIANT MATCHING SET
20. keiichi -- 100% PAID VARIANT
21. Egnirys -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REGULAR w/ majoS&paprika
22. therealminime -- opted out
23. Technosteve -- 100% PAID VARIANT -- verify shipping first.
24. Kalren -- shipped PAID REG + VARIANT MATCHING SET ($40 deposit) INTERNATIONAL INVOICED
25. I should be doing hw -- PAID INTERNATIONAL invoiced
26. Salamando -- SHIPPED100% PAID REGULAR
27. lupinko -- SHIPPED PAID REGULAR + VARIANT MATCHING SET INTERNATIONAL w/ Majo/paprika invoiced
28. ()_listerfeend_() -- SHIPPED 100% PAID --- REGULAR
29. Auron_Kale -- SHIPPED 100% PAID -- VARIANT
30. Scyn -- SHIPPED PAID REGULAR INTERNATIONAL
31. Deadly Cyclone -- shipped 100% PAID REGULAR + VARIANT MATCHING SET
32. Deadly Cyclone's +1 -- DONE PAID
-- SPOT RE-OPENED
33. Crazypanda_85 -- 100% PAID VARIANT
34. rinemy -- shipped 100% PAID Variant w/ paprika
35. rinemy's +1 -- shipped 100% PAID Variant w/ rinemy
37. kaskade -- shipped 100% PAID REGULAR
38. rikichi -- shipped 100% PAID variant
39. kaizoku -- PAID REG+VAR SET INTERNATIONAL invoiced
40. Mockingbird's +1 -- PAID VARIANT + REG MATCHING SET INTERNATIONAL LB invoiced
41. deadbolt1388 -- shipped 100% PAID REG + VARIANT MATCHING SET
42. Riptwo -- PAID VARIANT INTERNATIONAL w/ MajoC INVOICED
43. Trasher -- PAID REGULAR LOCAL PICK UP
44. Zozobra -- PAID REFUNDED
45. BreakyBoy -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REG + VARIANT MATCHING SET (#4)
46. LaneDS -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REG + VARIANT MATCHING SET
47. Dreweyes -- shipped 100% PAID VARIANT
48. Fletcher -- 100% PAID VARIANT
49. fallengorn -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REGULAR AND VARIANT MATCHING SET
50. tanuki -- opted out
51. Slacky -- PAID REGULAR INTERNATIONAL invoiced
52. tm24 -- 100% PAID VARIANT
53. BaronLundi -- SHIPPED 100% PAID VARIANT INTERNATIONAL w/ paprika invoiced
54. b3b0p -- 100% PAID VARIANT
55. Captain Blood -- shipped 100% PAID REGULAR
56. airblade -- 100% PAID VARIANT
57. I_Am_CC -- 100% PAID Regular and Variant Matching #'d Set
58. smuf -- PAID VARIANT INTERNATIONAL
59. Moss -- PAID via Mockingbird
60. Loctope -- 100% SHIPPED PAID REG + VARIANT MATCHING SET INTERNATIONAL w/ paprika set. INVOICED
61. Omie -- PAID VARIANT INVOICED w/ MajoS LOCAL PICK UP
62. Filthy Slug -- 100% PAID REG + VARIANT MATCHING SET
63. abq -- PAID REFUNDED PER REQUEST
64. Slacky's +1 -- PAID REGULAR w/slacky INVOICED w/slacky
65. Zeouterlimits -- PAID VARIANT INTERNATIONAL INQUIRED
66. VGChampion -- 100% PAID REGULAR
67. ColonelSkills -- PAID VARIANT INTERNATIONAL INVOICED
68. vitaminwateryum's + 1 PAID SPOT RE-OPENED
69. My Name Is Luke -- AUTO OUT
70. IronRinn -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REGULAR w/ paprika
71. Zabka -- 100% PAID variant
72. CorporateClown's +1 -- PAID -- REGULAR w/ corporateclown
73. ThePeoplesBureau -- PAID ---Variant INTERNATIONAL INVOICED w/ majoS
74. kilongs -- 100% PAID Regular and Variant Matching #'d Set
75. nsalmon -- shipped 100% PAID variant INVOICED
76. Glassboy -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REG + Variant Matching SET w/Paprika & Majo C
77. suplex -- 100% PAID VARIANT
78. MaritalWheat -- 100% PAID VARIANT
79. J-Man -- PAID REGULAR INTERNATIONAL
80. ZROCOOL -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REG + Variant Matching SET
81. aristotle -- PAID REFUNDED
82. Kalren's + 1 -- PAID SPOT RE-OPENED
83. TJ Bennett -- shipped 100% PAID VARIANT
84. 898 -- 100% PAID REGULAR MajoSPaprika
85. Empty Space -- AUTO OUT
86. AwesomeSauce -- PAID REG + VAR MATCHING SET LOCAL PICK UP
87. gosufailure -- SHIPPED 100% PAID REG + VARIANT MATCHING SET w/ MajoS
88. Cheska -- 100% PAID -- REGULAR
89. Mockingbird's +2 -- 100% PAID REGULAR -- SurfingJ LOCAL PICK UP
90. Mockingbird's + 3 -- PAID REG + VAR MATCHING SET
91. Mockingbird's 4 -- PAID REG+ VAR MATCHING SET
92. chibiboy -- SHIPPED 100% PAID --- Matching #'d Set (17 request)

If you signed up and you're not on the list it is because I inadvertently missed you. Please let me know and I will add you!

Thanks!

Kerrinck

Ash Thorp Metal Gear Solid Commission UPDATE:

Tomorrow (7/23/2013) or later in the evening today I will start collecting payments on the Ash Thorp Metal Gear Solid Commission.

I will send a private message to each member with instructions on where to make their down-payment of $20. Payment must be done via PayPal gift option. What will happen is I will be collecting payments from everyone up until July 31, 2013 while checking people off the list and then I will forward the entire amount to the artist. Every cent will be going to the artist.

As payments are made I will mark you off the list as paid. To recap here are the list of people.

If you signed up and you're not on the list is because I inadvertently missed you. Please let me know and I will add you!

Thanks!

Sounds great, By the way, I am listed twice on the list.

So what's the total run number looking like? Is it still sitting at 100? Are we moving it up another five so Ash gets 25 APs?

At this point it's looking to be 106 total (including Ash's 25 copies as part of the payment). But we will probably need to print a few extras to cover for any damages that might occur in shipping -- maybe 6 copies? So maybe make the run 112? Otakon's codec frequency is 141.12 so maybe that's kind of cool?

Melchiah

This was Mark's Englert's secret poster from gallery 1988 at Comic Con Sunday.

No TV and No Beer (makes Homer go something...) =P
Mark Englert, Run Size of 100
36x12 on Black Paper

$(KGrHqJHJEMFHjO3c(RfBR7HupU98g~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16V,!yEE9s5jFJ+bBR7Hujud,g~~60_3.JPG

Love it. Homer's dull expression is an icing on the winter blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom