• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zeed said:
Slow paced? I think it's a really fast song, actually.

Bad description on my part. I just can't see it going well with the fighting. However I could see an arrangement of it and other Pokemon songs working like they did with the other Brawl songs. in fact I'm thinking that's what they are doing with all the songs: arrangements of various tunes from the games. Hopefully the Star Fox one ends up having Star Wolf theme in it

Zeed

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Bad description on my part. I just can't see it going well with the fighting.
Well they are going to use an arrangement of Calling to the Night for MGS, which is about as atypical a fighting song as you can get, though I think it'll fit in a surreal fashion. The Rival Theme could easily work as an arrangement, like you said. And about the Star Wolf theme, do you mean this one?

Yowza

Zeed said:
I'm hoping for this song to be in Brawl representing Fire Emblem, but that's unlikely. A new arrangement of Together We Ride would be great too - the Fire Emblem medley was one of my favorite tracks from SSBM.

Post tracks that you predict will be added!

I've never been a huge fan of the together we ride theme in comparison to other traditional fire emblem fanfare. The main theme FE6 commercial is clearly worth orchestrating in some grand scale way for Ike's subspace story thing or other game modes featuring him/marth etc if applicable.

Beings that they'll likely try to promote FE10 I've heard some pretty good in game music near the end of the game (on a discontinued Youtube account).

Speaking of Ike's final smash, I can't help but suggest that he and
The Black Knight
will have a classic sword clash - spoiler for FE10:
Short "cutscene" of him exchanging blows with the Black Knight at the end of the game
with all the recoil from their swords doing damage to the rest of the players.

grandjedi6

Zeed said:
Well they are going to use an arrangement of Calling to the Night for MGS, which is about as atypical a fighting song as you can get, though I think it'll fit in a surreal fashion. The Rival Theme could easily work as an arrangement, like you said. And about the Star Wolf theme, do you mean this one?

Great minds think alike :D Star Wolf Orchestrated from Star Fox Assault

Also, and I have no clue how it would work in this game, I hope they have an arrangement of Stone Tower from Majora's Mask :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hmm you know I was thinking...

I bet ROB the robot has a chance of making it into the game as the "Final" quirky secret character, like Mr. Game & Watch in Melee.

Both characters are strange and completely unexpected in this kind of game, and both represent Nintendo's early days.

Forget for a moment that ROB doesn't have legs and it'd be hard to come up with a moveset for him... we all know how creative Sakurai and co. are. They could come up with something if they really wanted to. :lol

ROB!!!

200px-Robotic_Operating_Buddy.jpg

Zeed

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Great minds think alike :D Star Wolf Orchestrated from Star Fox Assault
Good stuff.

Yowza said:
Speaking of Ike's final smash, I can't help but suggest that he and
The Black Knight
will have a classic sword clash - spoiler for FE10:
Short "cutscene" of him exchanging blows with the Black Knight at the end of the game
with all the recoil from their swords doing damage to the rest of the players.
I was thinking that Ike's Final Smash would be more based on his Direct ability, as in he'd call in a bunch of different PoR characters at the same time who mess shit up on the battlefield...maybe finishing with The Black Knight bashing them all away. How awesome would that be?

MrCheez said:
Hmm you know I was thinking...

I bet ROB the robot has a chance of making it into the game as the "Final" quirky secret character, like Mr. Game & Watch in Melee.

Both characters are strange and completely unexpected in this kind of game, and both represent Nintendo's early days.

Forget for a moment that ROB doesn't have legs and it'd be hard to come up with a moveset for him... we all know how creative Sakurai and co. are. They could come up with something if they really wanted to. :lol

ROB!!!

200px-Robotic_Operating_Buddy.jpg

That's actually a pretty neat idea. I'm sure Sakurai and his crew would be pretty creative with the movesets. Somebody tell 'em to make it happen.

It'd be entertaining to watch the boards too as Mr. G&W had a lot of backlash from forum posters (at least I remember on the IGN boards) so I'd expect the same for ROB. But I'm all for it.

Zeed

Banned
IAmtheFMan said:
That's actually a pretty neat idea. I'm sure Sakurai and his crew would be pretty creative with the movesets. Somebody tell 'em to make it happen.

It'd be entertaining to watch the boards too as Mr. G&W had a lot of backlash from forum posters (at least I remember on the IGN boards) so I'd expect the same for ROB. But I'm all for it.
The problem is the moveset. I mean it'd be hard to even just make something up for him since he never really had a game at all. I think he'd be far better suited as an Assist Trophy.

usea

Yeah, I can't wait to see cfalcon in brawl. Also, star wolf's theme from starfox 64 was one I played hundreds of times, I love it. I think it'd be hard even for the brawl guys to screw up.

ElFly

I predict a stage for today. Probably Mario related. The Mario Kart one?

Also, is it so hard for them to post the lyrics to the Brawl trailer? :lol

Jiggy

I'll agree with the item prediction. Either that or something that's impossible to see coming, like stickers or assist trophies.

Zeed said:
I actually like the one they used in the original SSB quite a bit. It was called something like...Gourmet Challenge? Gourmet something, I forget what.
Gourmet Race, comes from Kirby Super Star. And yeah, it's awesome.

ShockingAlberto said:
Good find. How'd I neglect to mention Pokemon? :eek: Other good ones from the same YouTube account (but I'm toning myself down here--I originally linked to seven themes):

Route 210 - If any D/P music gets into Smash, I think it's going to be either be a battle theme or this. A faster-paced, less "heavy" version of this is used for episode previews in the Japanese anime.
Trainer battles - Standard trainer battle music was used in SSBM, so this is a likely one.
Fight Area - Possibly my favorite theme in D/P, but more importantly I think this might be a really good fit. It could easily be instilled with that "epic" feel, if it isn't already, with just a few changes. And it's the theme played outside the Battle Tower, so it makes perfect sense.

Music so far has been so-so. Some really cool ones (Ridley, the Menu music, and Yoshi's have been great), but then some of the others either just aren't all that good (Star Fox one) or aren't really all that inspired or different (as cool as it sounds, the Kid Icarus one sounds like an updated NES track).

I enjoy the Zelda one, but I think I would've prefered something from Twilight Princess (like an alternate version of the field theme).

grandjedi6

Jiggy37 said:
I'll agree with the item prediction. Either that or something that's impossible to see coming, like stickers or assist trophies.

Gourmet Race, comes from Kirby Super Star. And yeah, it's awesome.

Good find. How'd I neglect to mention Pokemon? :eek: Other good ones from the same YouTube account (but I'm toning myself down here--I originally linked to seven themes):

Route 210 - If any D/P music gets into Smash, I think it's going to be either be a battle theme or this. A faster-paced, less "heavy" version of this is used for episode previews in the Japanese anime.
Trainer battles - Standard trainer battle music was used in SSBM, so this is a likely one.
Fight Area - Possibly my favorite theme in D/P, but more importantly I think this might be a really good fit. It could easily be instilled with that "epic" feel, if it isn't already, with just a few changes. And it's the theme played outside the Battle Tower, so it makes perfect sense.

It's going to end up probably being the trainer battle along with arrangements of some other tunes like rival battle

EktorPR

BrandNew said:
Music so far has been so-so. Some really cool ones (Ridley, the Menu music, and Yoshi's have been great), but then some of the others either just aren't all that good (Star Fox one) or aren't really all that inspired or different (as cool as it sounds, the Kid Icarus one sounds like an updated NES track).

I enjoy the Zelda one, but I think I would've prefered something from Twilight Princess (like an alternate version of the field theme).

Exactly what crossed my mind when Sakurai announced it. Hopefully we'll get another Zelda tune, inspired by Twilight Princess, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom