• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntMurda

Nintendo definitely needs to do a Wii-ground up Zelda. Twilight Princess falls shorts of really exploiting the hardware unlike Mario Galaxy!

Firestorm

Halycon said:
What if I don't want it to fly to the closest ledge?

I was thinking this too. Link's only saving grace when it comes to recovery is being able to hookshot onto a wall and propel himself up. If they make it how it sounds (only can grapple onto an actual ledge), then... sounds like a downgrade rather than an upgrade.

Dechaios said:
Yeah but I thought I heard Nintendo say they have no plans what-so-ever for another big Zelda title on the Wii.

Aonuma would start right now a new Zelda. But Miyamoto said to him: "no, idiot. It's too early !".

worldrunover said:
You mean, like, Twilight Princess?

No. I would like to see something totally different. And I mean different from Twilight Princess and from Wind Waker either.

ant1532

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Aonuma would start right now a new Zelda. But Miyamoto said to him: "no, idiot. It's too early !".
No, they are already working on ideas and that but no hard stuff from that Q&A. Miyamoto said "no, idiot. It's too early !" to Aonuma when he asked "Could I say some of my ideas for the next Zelda I have?"

Firestorm said:
I was thinking this too. Link's only saving grace when it comes to recovery is being able to hookshot onto a wall and propel himself up. If they make it how it sounds (only can grapple onto an actual ledge), then... sounds like a downgrade rather than an upgrade.

Yeah, only being able to grapple onto ledges sounds kinda horrible...I mean, would that mean that if he's too far below the edge the chain just won't grapple to the wall? That'd be horrible as sometimes you just don't return high enough (and if you did you'd most likely use the spin attack to recover)...

PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE LEARNED TO AIM ACCURATELY! It really wasn't that hard and it added a ton to Link in terms of recovering being able to grapple certain walls at certain points along them

usea

Zoramon089 said:
Yeah, only being able to grapple onto ledges sounds kinda horrible...I mean, would that mean that if he's too far below the edge the chain just won't grapple to the wall? That'd be horrible as sometimes you just don't return high enough (and if you did you'd most likely use the spin attack to recover)...

PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE LEARNED TO AIM ACCURATELY! It really wasn't that hard and it added a ton to Link in terms of recovering being able to grapple certain walls at certain points along them
From the screenshot and description, it looks to me like if it's not close enough to grab the ledge, it will just go straight and grab the wall instead, if you're close enough.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The character models are so impressive in this game. The details in the characters clothing is very good. This isnt the type of game that relies on nice graphics to make it good, but its certainly a bonus to have good character models.

It looks like we know all their is to know about link. I was hoping that Link might be able to turn into a wolf, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. That would have been a pretty cool thing to have.

Zeed

Banned
We are one hour away from the update and no one has posted speculations. Come on people. I'm calling...music, or a stage.

All of last week's updates (other than the Pokemon Trainer) and yesterday's update were all really safe and not really exciting. I'm hoping for something bigger tonight, like a new stage, new music, new character, or more info of the Single-player mode.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
They're going to announce Mega Man.

Since Smash Bros. is a global property, Sakurai has decided to go with the American version in order to appeal to a much broader crowd:

6698q5x.jpg

Zeed

Banned
Neo Child said:
I predict some special moves.

God hope I'm wrong.
We just got special moves yesterday. Two of the same updates in a row? I don't remember that ever happening before. Unlikely.

Captain N

TekunoRobby said:

Since Smash Bros. is a global property, Sakurai has decided to go with the American version in order to appeal to a much broader crowd:

6698q5x.jpg

I'd love it! I think it'd be awesome to see our good friend Simon Belmont as well.

NeoForte

TekunoRobby said:

6698q5x.jpg

Although I hate him with a passion I will take any Mega Man version if he is added. Though if they do add him it will be based on the NES games or it will be Mega Man.EXE or Geo Stellar as Mega Man.

EktorPR

After inmersing myself in Super Metroid for about 5 hours today...

WE WANT STAGE! METROID STAGE!! (fuck Poké Stadium and Meta Knight's Stage, gimme' Metroid stage now)

ElFly

I am disappointed about TP Link not having a special that lets him transform into a wolf.

So, somehow, that's my prediction for today.

:lol setting myself up for a big fall

Someone help me, how do you absolutely know that unlockabale characters aren't being revealed before the game's release? We seem to have a lot of characters right now for jsut being the starting cast.

Haunted

I predict ONLINE CONFIRMED
You're just setting yourself up for a disappointment.

BrandNew said:
Someone help me, how do you absolutely know that unlockabale characters aren't being revealed before the game's release? We seem to have a lot of characters right now for jsut being the starting cast.
Secret characters in Melee weren't revealed until after the games release. We just assume (without a real basis) that they won't revealed on Brawl's site until after release as well.

Jiggy

It's been 13 updates since we've had a stage, 9 since we've had music, 8 since a final smash, 7 since an item, and other types of major updates (assist trophies, game modes, techniques, character profiles, and special moves) have all been done in the last week.

I'll predict a stage from... the Kirby series. That and Pokemon are the most notable Nintendo franchises that haven't had a stage officially revealed, but Pokemon does have its unnamed and undescribed stadium. Kirby's gotten nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom