• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

17 updates since the last stage, so a stage it had better be. I'll go with a Mother stage, now that ShockingAlberto revealed something interesting. >_> (I don't expect anything Metroid-related since it's only the US release and Smash is more universal.)

In any case, I expect a Mother stage to come before a character anyway. The text on the Franklin Badge update seemed to indicate a tease, so I'm expecting the progession to go item-->stage-->character (if not even music inserted somewhere in there before character), just to really draw out the anticipation since character profile updates seem to be most people's favorite kind.

Also, Zeed's new avatar is awesome. Now I feel like looking up Lyn art myself. :(

Haunted

ShockingAlberto said:
Tomorrow is the release of Prime 3.

It's the birthday of Earthbound.

So the update could be related to either of those.
ah, that's interesting.

I predict the Mario Kart stage.

Scribble

I hope Ridley is announced as a playable character tomorrow :D

Even with the Boss thing being announced, and Ridley would fit in perfectly due to his role in Metroid games, I'll still stick by him being a playable character. Sakurai seems to like challenges, so =X

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
I really want to hear some Pokemon, F-Zero, or Mario music damnit!

It seems like Sakurai is avoiding the only three I want to hear on purpose. Grr.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So... is anyone else OBSESSED with the Dojo? Be honest - during the day at any point do you think of that night's update? Even when its hours away? And if you do, how often do you do this? Every day or only every so often?

These daily updates have made me totally obsessed and Smash Bros crazy. :lol I find myself constantly looking forward to the update and wondering what will be revealed. I -almost- wish they were weekly instead of daily, so I could go on with my life the other 4 days of the week. :lol

Scribble

MrCheez said:
So... is anyone else OBSESSED with the Dojo? Be honest - during the day at any point do you think of that night's update? Even when its hours away? And if you do, how often do you do this? Every day or only ever so often?

These daily updates have made me totally obsessed and Smash Bros crazy. :lol I find myself constantly looking forward to the update and wondering what will be revealed.

Yeah, it's the first thing I check when I wake up. It's quite sad, but it's cool having something to look forward to as soon as you wake up (I don't have a gf atm, as you can tell)

MrCheez said:
So... is anyone else OBSESSED with the Dojo? Be honest - during the day at any point do you think of that night's update? Even when its hours away? And if you do, how often do you do this? Every day or only every so often?

These daily updates have made me totally obsessed and Smash Bros crazy. :lol I find myself constantly looking forward to the update and wondering what will be revealed. I -almost- wish they were weekly instead of daily, so I could go on with my life the other 4 days of the week. :lol
I find myself getting annoyed with the weekend because there are no dojo updates.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Scribble said:
Yeah, it's the first thing I check when I wake up. It's quite sad, but it's cool having something to look forward to as soon as you wake up (I don't have a gf atm, as you can tell)

I do the same, except I do have a girlfriend. I guess a man has to set his priorities :p
Also yes, weekends suck now! Thanks Dojo!

Jiggy

Okay, I give up on looking for decent Lyn fanart. Like music, movies, books, games, etc., 90% of art is terrible, and apparently FE isn't well-known enough to scrape in the 10% of people who can draw good art. There are a few rare decent ones, but they're all couple pictures, which doesn't work.

Official art only, from here on out. Not that there's very much of that either, though. >_>

ShockingAlberto said:
I find myself getting annoyed with the weekend because there are no dojo updates.
Same. There's nothing to discuss. :(

GamerSoul

Jiggy37 said:
She had better be. The idea of Petey Piranha even being a boss and Lyn not being a playable character is so sad it hurts.

Edit: Found this while looking for Lyn art (official or unofficial).
http://angstyguy.deviantart.com/art/Lyn-s-Moves-for-Smash-Bros-36895055

The artist isn't that great overall (or just did this quickly), but :lol at Lyn Kirby. Yet another reason she'd be an awesome addition.

Creative but where did the fire come from? :lol She wouldn't play anything like Roy. Her blade is one handed and is pretty much a katana.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Okay, I give up on looking for decent Lyn fanart. Like music, movies, books, games, etc., 90% of art is terrible, and apparently FE isn't well-known enough to scrape in the 10% of people who can draw good art. There are a few rare decent ones, but they're all couple pictures, which doesn't work.
More or less, yeah.

Official art only, from here on out. Not that there's very much of that either, though. >_>
I have pretty much all there is. There's three different poses of her that are reused in various artworks, not counting in-game CGs or portraits.

Jiggy

GamerSoul said:
Creative but where did the fire come from? :lol She wouldn't play anything like Roy. Her blade is one handed and is pretty much a katana.
Yeah, for an artist they're not exactly the most original person ever. >_>
But I do want Lyn Kirby. That ponytail would be unspeakably awesome, and better than all other Kirby forms unless Snake Kirby has a beard. Maybe better than that anyway.

Zeed said:
I have pretty much all there is. There's three different poses of her that are reused in various artworks, not counting in-game CGs or portraits.
Well, that sucks. Guess I'll see what I can do with her sprite sheet or something.

MrCheez

Jiggy37 said:
But I do want Lyn Kirby. That ponytail would be unspeakably awesome, and better than all other Kirby forms unless Snake Kirby has a beard. Maybe better than that anyway.

OMG bearded kirby will be the best ever!!

Also, ZSS kirby should have a ponytail. :)

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, for an artist they're not exactly the most original person ever. >_>
Cigarette-smoking, bandana-wearing, bearded Snake Kirby?

Fucking WIN. :lol

Scribble

How likely do you think Lyn is?

We can't make accurate guesses, obviously. It's all down to Sakurai and the Smash Team's personalities. But that hasn't stopped most people =P

ant1532

Banned
Ughh!

My friend and I were doing money matches in Melee just now but since he's not good, all he has to do is take away one life to win the match. It got up to him owing me 10 bucks to me owing him 52 bucks then thankfully I got it down to 15. I can't believe myself.

Zeed

Banned
Scribble said:
How likely do you think Lyn is?

We can't make accurate guesses, obviously. It's all down to Sakurai and the Smash Team's personalities. But that hasn't stopped most people =P
Frankly if a third Fire Emblem character gets in, I can think of no better candidate than Lyn for a number of logical reasons. However, for reasons I cannot quite fathom, she doesn't appear to be very popular in Japan. She didn't even end up on the list of wanted characters at all, which bodes ill. All we can do is wait it out and see.

Do you think this avatar would be better than my current one?

f_lynavm_d0c7afa.png

Scribble

What everyone says:

Sigurd: BLUE HAIR SWORDSMAN
Lyn: Tutorial lord = Not important! Not popular in Japan!
Micaiah: Ike already represents that arc!

GeneralIroh said:
It would be lame if Lyn wasn't included in Brawl while they have a lame character like Diddy. Is he even popular in Japan?

Diddy isn't lame.

MrCheez

ShockingAlberto said:
I really don't think Lyn is likely at all, unless for whatever reason FE11 is a sequel to FE7.

I'll go on record as saying I'd be shocked if she's in.

I think Lyn would be cool to have, but I also think she is unlikely. (Sorry Zeed :( )

If a female Fire Emblem character is going to make it (which really should happen), I think someone like Titania is more likely.

She is more recent, AND from the same game as Ike... would be a good partner from him. Plus she is more unique than a sword-user!

f6fc2f7fb3b804325e0b4dd1299ff5e0.jpg

Also, I have a thing for chicks in full plate armor. :p

Linkhero1

GeneralIroh said:
It would be lame if Lyn wasn't included in Brawl while they have a lame character like Diddy. Is he even popular in Japan?
Diddy isn't lame he's DK's sidekick nephew >_< but yeah they should include Lyn.

Scribble

My personal opinion is that it would be a waste to have another representative from Ike's games when there's a lot more Fire Emblem games to choose from.

Zeed

Banned
MrCheez said:
She is more recent, AND from the same game as Ike...
That's a reason against her, not for her.

I think pretty damn unlikely that a non-Lord would make it into Brawl over the heads of so many eligible true Lords.

Scribble said:
Micaiah: Ike already represents that arc!
Not only does Ike represent that arc, but Micaiah is NOT a Lord.

Linkhero1

Scribble said:
My personal opinion is that it would be a waste to have another representative from Ike's games when there's a lot more Fire Emblem games to choose from.
They should get Fire Emblem characters from different games. I don't want them to limit it to one game.

MrCheez

I see what you guys are saying and I don't disagree with the point, but I'm not convinced that they would refuse to pull two characters from the same game - especially when it's still recent and popular.

Either way, I just really want a female FE character (as I'm sure you all do!) :)

Zeed

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Perhaps not tonight as I have to get up early, but I will eventually, sure.
FE7 will do for tonight, thanks. You're now my favorite person in this thread.

Let's see, five hours and twelve minutes until Japan Time unless I'm much mistaken.

MrCheez said:
I see what you guys are saying and I don't disagree with the point, but I'm not convinced that they would refuse to pull two characters from the same game - especially when it's still recent and popular.

Either way, I just really want a female FE character (as I'm sure you all do!) :)
Too bad it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom