• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
ant tell me where you heard your news before the update hits and we change topics =(
I can't remember where I heard that news from, but I am absolutely certain I heard it as well a while ago. Ant says he got it from Shane, which means 1up. Try checking there.

Scribble

usea said:
but japanese smash tournament players are basically all scrubs :(

I don't want no scrubs, a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me. Sittin' on the passenger's side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at me.

Zeed

Banned
Scribble said:
I have a feeling it'll be an item update =X
If it is I'll hold you personally responsible for jinxing it.

Michan said:
Dr. Kawashima as playable character
is my prediction for this evening's update
This stopped being funny about a hundred pages ago.

usea

Firestorm said:
Other than that they only use Final Destination and Dreamland 64, what other rules differ anyway?
I don't know how their tournament system has changed over the past few years (or if they even still have them), but previously they didn't allow chain grabbing because it's cheap.

Firestorm

usea said:
I don't know how their tournament system has changed over the past few years (or if they even still have them), but previously they didn't allow chain grabbing because it's cheap.

Oh right. I remember hearing about that. And Bombsoldier getting destroyed by Ken's chaingrabs.

Zeed said:
If it is I'll hold you personally responsible for jinxing it.
As hyped as some seem to be tonight, you can very well bet it'll be something little.

Pokemon Trainer and Diddy will keep me on a SSBB high for days to come though. One because I love the games, and the other because we see so little simian representation.

Jiggy

Scribble said:
I have a feeling it'll be an item update =X
We've gone second longest without an item update (11) versus a stage update (17), so it's possible, I guess. But since I'm predicting the Mother theme after ShockingAlberto said it was the day of Earthbound's release, an item seems unlikely to me since we already had a Mother item.

Edit: Well, that was pretty stupidly timed.
Edit 2: Or it would be if I could get the Japanese site to show.

Michan

HAHAHA.

item09_070827a.jpg

Jiggy37 said:
Mother stage or Kirby stage, former slightly more likely. The Kirby series has really been hurting for updates since the beginning, though, but if it's the "birthday" of EarthBound/Mother 2 I have to go with that one.

well, Kirby turned out to be a good guess :)

Jiggy

I can't figure out why this item has the Kirby logo. I've owned Super Star, Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and Kirby 64 and there's no curry.

But the series was hurting for Smash updates, like I've been saying. At least now when I predict a stage again tomorrow, I can say it'll be something other than a Kirby stage. >_>

Edit:
Greenpanda said:
well, Kirby turned out to be a good guess :)
:D Yep yep. I'm actually surprised it hasn't seen more updates since it is Sakurai's creation.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Completely forgot this was a Kirby item. I always wondered what some of those items were in the original GameBoy Kirby games, although realizing now that it was a plate of spicy curry, I suppose it all makes sense now.

Neat to see that its back.

Scribble

Jiggy37 said:
I can't figure out why this item has the Kirby logo. I've owned Super Star, Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and Kirby 64 and there's no curry.

It was in the first Dreamland, according to Google =X

Jiggy

Scribble said:
It was in the first Dreamland, according to Google =X
Ah, the one I never played. >_> Figures.

Edit: On a different note, it's now been 18 updates since we've had a stage. This saddens me, since stages are only behind music, new characters, and random story mode megatons in terms of my most-loved kinds of updates. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom