• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
On a different note, it's now been 18 updates since we've had a stage. This saddens me, since stages are only behind music, new characters, and random story mode megatons in terms of my most-loved kinds of updates. :(
Maybe he's running out of default stages and the unlocked crap comes after release?

Anyway I'm hitting the sack.

Oblivion said:
I likes it. Better than Friday's update.
item04_070627e-l.jpg

Firestorm

Thunder Monkey said:
As the whitest white guy you'll ever know, I take offense to that.:lol

And I'm sorry Zeed. :(

I love it when my friends' faces turn red after they eat something I tell them isn't spicy =D

Wusses.

Firestorm said:
I love it when my friends' faces turn red after they eat something I tell them isn't spicy =D

Wusses.
Haha!

I'm pretty sure I can handle it, and know for certain my white yet indian looking bro could. That freaks got an iron stomach.:lol

SuperAngelo64 said:
Of course not, you're Charmander.
And I'm a genetically altered golden lion tamarin monkey that fires lightning out of his backside.

Gaf brings together all kinds.

*big hug*

AMUSIX

Hmmm, wonder what awesome stuff you can do when Charizard eats this....also, does the effect transfer between all of the Trainer's pokemon?

Jiggy

Because it's late and I can't sleep and feel like collecting statistics instead... Here are some stats on Dojo updates.

Mario: 7 updates, most recent 8-24 (boss: Petey Piranha)
Legend of Zelda: 6 updates, most recent 8-20 (moves: Link)
Kid Icarus: 5 updates, most recent 8-9 (final smash: Pit)
Yoshi series: 4 updates, most recent 8-23 (final smash: Yoshi)
Pokemon: 7 updates if counting Pokemon Change, most recent 8-13 (Pokemon Trainer profile and Pokemon Change)
Kirby: 3 updates, most recent 8-27 (item: Superspicy Curry)
Star Fox: 4 updates, most recent 7-16 (music: Space Armada)
Metroid: 4 updates, most recent 7-19 (profile: Zero Suit Samus)
Wario: 2 updates, most recent 6-29 (moves: Wario)
F-Zero: 1 update, most recent 7-2 (assist trophy: Samurai Goroh)
Donkey Kong: 4 updates, most recent 8-22 (profile: Diddy Kong)
Animal Crossing: 3 updates, most recent 8-23 (music: Go K.K. Rider!)
Fire Emblem: 3 updates, most recent 8-7 (moves: Ike)
Mother: 1 update, most recent 8-10 (item: Franklin Badge)

This is why I'll tend to assume Star Fox, Wario, F-Zero, or Mother updates in the future.
Other stats:

Items - 9 updates, most recent 8-27 (Superspicy Curry)
Bosses - 1 update, most recent 8-24 (Petey Piranha)
Final smashes - 7 updates, most recent 8-23 (Yoshi's)
Music - 7 updates, most recent 8-23 (Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider!)
Character profiles - 16 updates, most recent 8-22 (Diddy Kong)
Story mode updates (non-bosses) - 3 updates, most recent 8-21 (Subspace Army)
Moves - 4 updates, most recent 8-20 (Link's)
Techniques - 6 updates, most recent 8-16 (Tether Recovery)
Game mode updates (non-story mode) - 3 updates, most recent 8-15 (Stickers)
Assist trophies - 5 updates, most recent 8-14 (Devil)
Stages - 9 updates, most recent 8-2 (Castle Siege)

This is a more interesting blend, and I'm not sure I should predict anything from it other than a stage, because it's been a really stupidly long time. If anything, it might be that the types of updates Sakurai's put up most often should be expected most... More items, final smashes, music, character profiles, and stages in the future seem like safer bets to me than the other types.
Also, out of the four series I listed above that I think are most likely, Star Fox already has music, a character profile, and a stage. So I'll be sticking with predictions of Wario, F-Zero, and Mother stuff for now. >_>

USD

Jiggy37 said:
I can't figure out why this item has the Kirby logo. I've owned Super Star, Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and Kirby 64 and there's no curry.
Scribble said:
It was in the first Dreamland, according to Google =X
lol, so that's what that powerup was.

NeonZ

Not only does Ike represent that arc, but Micaiah is NOT a Lord.

This again?
Micaiah is the only character in FE10 who has an entire section of the game focused on her as a leader, and still comes back as leading character again in stages of other sections.

Ike doesn't even get an entire section for himself and his class is NOT Lord either in FE10. There's no character with a class called 'lord' in that game.

Mario: 7 updates, most recent 8-24 (boss: Petey Piranha)
For some unknown reason, the boss battle update was not a Mario update. Look at the symbol... It's a Smash one, not a Mushroom.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Wow, it looks like this was the least discussed update on GAF. Which is surprising, as the pulling off combos thing sounds a little interesting.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
RagnarokX said:
You must be...
hammeredkirby1.jpg

:p
:lol nicely done

I think that when they do itenm updates, they should show it with another update like a stage, music or a character. Having an item update on its own is pretty boring.

Haunted

meh. I hope we don't get an update for every food item in the game.

BGBW said:
Well I love curry, so I love this update!
:lol

The fire/particle effects in the screens (especially the third one) are really nice, though.

You know it's a bad update when I have nothing else to say and just wait for tomorrow's predictions. :(

Haunted One said:
The fire/particle effects in the screens (especially the third one) are really nice, though.

You know know I really like the ethereal look of the fire in this game, I first noticed it with the Bowser update. It actually looks cooler than real fire :lol

bowser_070703a-l.jpg

Also, the reason most of us don't recognize Spicy Curry as a Kirby item is because in almost ALL Kirby games the food is replaced with more 'Americanized' food when released in the west. (Save for important items like Maxim Tomatoes and Super Lollipops).

Scribble

We probably won't get an update for every food item. The Spicy Curry is completely separate from the generic healing "Food" item from previous games, so it's all good =X

I have to say, even though the items aren't as "megaton" as character updates, it looks like they're being MORE creative with items this time round. The Gooey Bomb, Pitfall, Smoke Ball, Curry are unique and will be very fun to use.

I wonder if they will only be showing the *new* items.

Scribble said:
I wonder if they will only be showing the *new* items.

Let's hope so, any old item updates wouldn't be all that exciting. Though I'm crossing my fingers that this time they'll use the Mario World "Tulip" Fire Flower design.

The Melee Fire Flower wasn't even in any previous Mario games.

Haunted

Diddy is obviously doing a somersault kick in that screen, you dolts. :lol

Well, either he spit fire on Yoshi shortly before connecting the kick, or Sakurai is saying that all attacks from a character are fire-imbued when you pick up the curry.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I like this update, and I'll tell ya why: Diddy's reaction shot. The mere fact that he has a specialized animation after this item means that other characters will have the same.

Cartoony characters like Diddy will react pretty predictably (albeit hilariously), but it'll be very interesting to see the more stoic, serious ones' reactions. Like when, say, ZS Samus or Ike get it.

Akai

Shig said:
I like this update, and I'll tell ya why: Diddy's reaction shot. The mere fact that he has a specialized animation after this item means that other characters will have the same.

Cartoony characters like Diddy will react pretty predictably (albeit hilariously), but it'll be very interesting to see the more stoic, serious ones' reactions. Like when, say, ZS Samus or Ike get it.
Yeah, when I saw Diddy I immediately began imagining what Zelda's would look like... :lol

Koomaster

Hmm, wonder if the character takes fire damage from that as well. You appear to be engulfed in flames. It'd be a trade off of not having to activate the flames yourself.

Food items giving power ups now? I love it! I hope this whole week we get one new food item each update just to piss off all the whiners! :lol

Zeed

Banned
NeonZ said:
Ike doesn't even get an entire section for himself and his class is NOT Lord either in FE10. There's no character with a class called 'lord' in that game.
I am aware of this - you might have noticed that they're using FE9 Ike. FE10 has no Lords.

Haunted

Linkhero1 said:
Because Metroid Prime 3 is releasing this week. Isn't Mother2/Earthbound's "Birthday" this week? Well those are two reasons I think they're will be one huge update.
hm... possible. I don't think they'll do a cross-promotion or something with Metroid Prime, but I can certainly see something from the Mother/Earthbound side, yes. Maybe Ami can finally stop checking this thread when Ness is revealed this week.

NeonZ

Zeed said:
I am aware of this - you might have noticed that they're using FE9 Ike. FE10 has no Lords.

Huh... If you want to be so technical... the Ike in Smash bros isn't a Lord either, he's based on Ike's 'Ranger' design, not his 'Lord' design.

It doesn't matter what the character's class is called, what matters is how important the character is to the original game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom