• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
Calints Neos said:
Seriously though why do you think their will be any more FE characters added?
In the context of your quote, the question should be "Why do you think Marth won't be removed?" The simple answer is - because there's no good reason that he would be.

Now, as to why I think another FE character would be added - and I think one will - ten games in the series deserves a little more representation than just two characters, especially with the wide array of unique and interesting individuals to choose from.

ohamsie

I'm predicting 2 out of these 3 special moves for Diddy, most likely the top two since they've already been "confirmed":

Up + B: Rocketbarrel Boost
B: Peanut Pop gun
Forward + B: Cartwheel attack

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
ohamsie said:
I'm predicting 2 out of these 3 special moves for Diddy, most likely the top two since they've already been "confirmed":

Up + B: Rocketbarrel Boost
B: Peanut Pop gun
Forward + B: Cartwheel attack

down + B: ditches ugly Rare character design

Zeed

Banned
ANDROSSSSS

assist06_070828.jpg

assist06_070828a-l.jpg

assist06_070828b-l.jpg

assist06_070828c-l.jpg

assist06_070828d-l.jpg

assist06_070828e-l.jpg

OLD SCHOOL STYLE

Scribble

Well, at least they got that "How to Play" update out of the way. Nice homage to SNES Star Fox, but the newer Andross would have been better =X

Haunted

Double update for the win: new moves shown for MetaKnight and Andross rocks it 16-bit old school style.

Loving it.

tomorrow: Mario Kart stage :mad:

Metaknight's move pics:

<Standard special moves>

basic05_070828a-l.jpg

Many of these are basic attacks, like the firing of a weapon.
(Normal Special Move: Mach Tornado)

<Side special moves>

basic05_070828b-l.jpg

These are bold attacks that launch in the direction you tilt the stick.
(Side Special Move: Triple Dash)

<Up special moves>

basic05_070828c-l.jpg

These are crucial. They’re used to do high jumps and for recovering when you’re falling off the stage.
(Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop)

<Down special moves>

basic05_070828d-l.jpg

Many of these do unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks.(Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape)

Our model was Meta Knight.

To enjoy more of the depth of special moves, try holding the button down longer to charge up attacks, rapidly pressing the button repeatedly, or tilting the Control Stick while doing the moves. You might also want to try them in midair.

Surprisingly, there’s a variety of hidden uses for many of them.

Lobster

Banned
The actions that really define the personality of each character are special moves! In Brawl, you can do four different moves with just one button and different directional tilts on the Control Stick.

basic05_070828.jpg

These are the four types. Control for each is quite simple.

<Standard special moves>

basic05_070828a.jpg

Many of these are basic attacks, like the firing of a weapon.

(Normal Special Move: Mach Tornado)

<Side special moves>

basic05_070828b.jpg

These are bold attacks that launch in the direction you tilt the stick.
(Side Special Move: Triple Dash)

<Up special moves>

basic05_070828c.jpg

These are crucial. They’re used to do high jumps and for recovering when you’re falling off the stage.

(Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop)

<Down special moves>

basic05_070828d.jpg

Many of these do unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks.
(Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape)

Our model was Meta Knight.

To enjoy more of the depth of special moves, try holding the button down longer to charge up attacks, rapidly pressing the button repeatedly, or tilting the Control Stick while doing the moves. You might also want to try them in midair.

Surprisingly, there’s a variety of hidden uses for many of them.

Bigger pics above this post.

ohamsie

Meta Knight looks like he'd be really good at recovery with his triple dash and shuttle loop. He'll be able to cover a lot of distance with those two.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
To me this whole phrasing of "tilt the control stick" sounds a bit akward and purposful. Are we gonna be tilting the WiiMote as well... maybe I'm crazy.
Anyway, two meh updates equals one good one. Nice.:D

Zeed

Banned
And we have Meta Knights entire moveset too. I think this pretty is solid evidence that we won't be seeing his profile "officially" revealed until after release. Sakurai is instead showing us as much of the character as he can in a roundabout way!

Firestorm said:
If Meta Knight's down+b hurts and works like Fox's and is uber rigged like Fox's then I am so happy =D

Yeah, but the reason the shine is so dominant is because of Fox/Falco's quick falling speed. Something tells me Meta Knight's gonna be reasonably more floaty, and Kirby with Fox's shine doesn't sound all that great to me. :lol

Damn metaknight is gonna be pretty damn awesome. I wonder how heavy he is gonna be.

God just thinking about it makes my hands shake. I just can't wait to see how these new characters feel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom