• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
marwan said:
has ninty confirmed if Smash Bro would be online?

Sadly the Brawl box doesn't have the WiFi symbol while the Mario & Sonic released at the same time did. I don't have much hope for it personally.

EDIT: I was beaten and Zeed already said that Pokemon didn't have a WiFi symbol at first. Also, update is pretty sweet.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Jiggy37 said:
So is someone going to make a thread about this news? Because, really, even those who don't like Smash gameplay have got to know about this soundtrack. Between this news and the composer list I think it's safe to say it'll be the greatest Nintendo compilation ever, and people should know where they can get it.

Or, if for some colossally dumb reason involving lack of foresight, Nintendo doesn't plan on releasing an SSBB soundtrack separately, people should know that too so they can demand it be made after it doesn't happen.
I made a thread.

duffey

This is my favorite update out of them all so far. I'm really happy right now, and glad that my insomnia is still working wonders!

Chumly

Good god theres going to be a shit ton of songs in this game. It would be worth it alone to buy the game to listen to the music.

dyls

MetatronM said:
MORE than four tracks per stage.

Note the arrows on both the Bridge of Eldin and Delfino Plaza screens. :D

Yup. Mario has at least 6, although I'm guessing these cover all stages from the Mario Universe. So there will be multiple stages with the same available music tracks.

Still, I didn't ever think I would play more hours of Brawl than the 250+ I put into Melee over the years. but it's looking more and more likely. It'll probably take over 100 hours just to get all of the collectables.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
My God, how many more awesome unexpected features can Sakurai possibly reveal? :D

DARK WORLD THEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!

Jiggy

MasterMFauli said:
WAH, MEGATON!

3 updates!!! XD

Though when i read the "My Music"-title i hoped for custom soundtrack...little disappointment, that that´s not possible then, i guess.
I had the same thought as you, but I daresay there'll still be custom soundtrack support.
Seriously, like Sakurai's ever going to see that something's possible and not take advantage of it. >_> Four styles of control on Smash... wait, forget that. Sakurai allowed D-pad control on Meteos and getting that to work in your favor is a physical impossibility.

Jiggy37 said:
I had the same thought as you, but I daresay there'll still be custom soundtrack support.
Seriously, like Sakurai's ever going to see that something's possible and not take advantage of it. >_> Four styles of control on Smash... wait, forget that. Sakurai allowed D-pad control on Meteos and getting that to work in your favor is a physical impossibility.

You know, my biggest wish since ever was...playing SSBM (or SSBB, now) with "The Raising Fighting Spirit" vom the Naruto 1 OST. Yeah, it´s shitty Naruto, blabla, but this song would be so perfect for an awsoem duel. ^^

The Hidden Mountain and Forests and The Dark World from A Link to the Past.

Interesting how they will have the Title theme and Main Theme...well...odd. I wonder if they consider the "Main Theme" the Overworld Theme. I dont' see how the Title Theme can fit a battle, though...this should be interesting to hear how they remixed it.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I am pretty sure I am not going to do anything other than play Smash in the month of December. Why does that make me feel so sad?

The music update is very much appreciated. Now I can listen to Go KK Rider all the time. Damn, I listened to that song like 4 hours over and over agin during that night's update.

usea

AlternativeUlster said:
I am pretty sure I am not going to do anything other than play Smash in the month of December. Why does that make me feel so sad?

The music update is very much appreciated. Now I can listen to Go KK Rider all the time. Damn, I listened to that song like 4 hours over and over agin during that night's update.
Haha me too, it flooded my last.fm It's currently #9 in top tracks overall, largely because it's such a short song that only a few hours of playing means it's played many times. Same thing happened with some of the songs from third strike.

MasterTK said:
ew, get the spc: http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=set&selected=16022

Soule

i hope the next Nintendo console has backwards compatibility coz i see myself playing this game for a looooong time.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Sorry about this everyone..I just have to do it...

OH MY GOD WHAT A ****ING AWESOME UPDATE I AM SHAKING WITH JOY THIS GAME WILL BE THE BEST AWAY WHAT IS SAKURAI TRYING TO DO IS HE TRYING TO KILL ME I LOVE YOU SAKURAI!!

Thank you for letting me do that.

What a great update, and the menu just looks GREAT.
Ah can't wait, can't wait.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
I'm not even gonna buy this game until exams are over because I'd fail them because I was playing SSBB without sleeping.

Dr.Hadji

Well I guess this explains why the music quality has been the way it is. Its cool though, I'll sacrifice music quality for quantity.

Darkpen

Banned
WildArms said:
Please people,don't listen to this. I did that mistake when this song first got shown in the trailer, and now, I cannot listen to this song without thinking of these lyrics, and I regret that so much :-(
LOL

no kidding, right? Same here.

usea

WildArms said:
Please people,don't listen to this. I did that mistake when this song first got shown in the trailer, and now, I cannot listen to this song without thinking of these lyrics, and I regret that so much :-(
It's not the video's fault the lyrics are that way. That's just how the lyrics actually exist in the smash universe.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm honestly so, so excited.

Brawl stands a good chance of becoming my most-played videogame of all time, in terms of pure hours...

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
usea said:
It's not the video's fault the lyrics are that way. That's just how the lyrics actually exist in the smash universe.

Oh aren't you the smart one! :p Except in this case the lyrics aren't like that, some random dude on the net is playing with our minds damnit!

Dreavus

Ahhh, it's too late for me now! Curse you the power of suggestion!

Other than that: every time I think this game can't get better, it does!

Koomaster

WildArms said:
Oh if only I could have listened to you 5 minutes ago! :lol

I don't usually get hyped for Music updates, but this one had me saying wow. I can't believe how impressed I can be with just one game, these weekday updates are a spectacular way to build hype for it. Three months away never seemed so long before.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Actually thinking about it, it's good this doesn't come out at Christmas in the UK, because I'm never ever going to play another game ever again when I get it.

After I've gotten this game, played it to death and achieved everything imaginable in it, I'm burning all my gaming paraphernalia and taking up bonsai tree growing in its place. Yup.

Chumly

Ok so we know there’s gonna be at least 18 franchises in the game (16 confirmed already?). If there’s at least 4 songs per franchise on average that means there will be at least 72 songs.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

legend166

If I see someone say that Nintendo no longer cares about their hardcore fans, I'm just going to point to this game. It literally defines fan service.

And not in the bad way that some fan service is. Rather, in the "holy crap this game is going to be the best thing ever pressed on a video game disc or cartridge equivalent" way.

ohamsie

I thought finally we had an update where no one would possibly be able to complain, but in that other thread people are whining that it isn't custom soundtracks. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom