• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dark World = Awesome.

LTTP Death Mountain too, pls.
Baryn said:
Being able to weight tracks in My Music is cool, but a true custom soundtrack off of SD would have made it worlds better. I can get any song from any Nintendo game I want in MP3 format, which will eventually include the Brawl soundtrack.
Ah now, while you and I may have used the feature for good, the capacity for evil is just too great. I can totally understand how the music supervisors wanted to avoid all threat of someone playing Smash to an awful nu-metal soundtrack. That's just too disturbing a notion to allow.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Holy Order Sol said:
If this means Skeleton Forest then your wish is granted.
That would be the intro theme, the song that plays during the story about the 7 wise men/sages.

Dr.Hadji

Baryn said:
Being able to weight tracks in My Music is cool, but a true custom soundtrack off of SD would have made it worlds better. I can get any song from any Nintendo game I want in MP3 format, which will eventually include the Brawl soundtrack.

True custom soundtrack off the SD? Well, you can always just turn off the music and up the SoundFXs.

Also, I doubt you would construct your custom sound track with as much careful consideration to its role in the game as these composers/Sakurai are doing.

"I didn't like the music in that movie, so I just started humming my own themes." :lol

turk128

Baryn said:
I think your missing the point here: collecting CDs in game and unlocking new tracks plays a big part in My Music.

Of course they can always have custom ST but wouldn't it be a hell lot more fun to collect them? You know, like rewards/achievement points.

Somnid

Yeah, I can't see someone really doing any sort of justice with a custom soundtrack that this game won't crush with it's in-game music, all the best stuff is already there. Then again maybe Sakurai really is that crazy. It's not like I could complain about more features.

psycho_snake said:
Its not been that long since the last time I've been exited for a game, but this is one of those few games that makes me feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

Indeed. I mean, I've eagerly anticipated several game releases since then but it's the first time a game has had the "Christmas kid" effect on me in nearly ten years.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
GaimeGuy said:
That would be the intro theme, the song that plays during the story about the 7 wise men/sages.
Is it? Meh, that's a little too low-key and repetitive for fighting game stage music. There are a lot of LTTP tracks much better suited to Smash.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Super Mario World Title and End themes *fuckyeah.gif*

the My Music feature looks awesome. the amount of music they are going to have in this game looks awesome.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
scola said:
Super Mario World Title and End themes *fuckyeah.gif*
blv. LOVE the end theme.

I'd like to see the Bowser boss music from SMW, too. Very uptempo, well-suited to Smash.

Grecco

What a fantastic update. There really wont be a need for another SmashBros ever. Cause this one will be pretty fucking awesome. Choose your own music? Find CDs. Wow.

Dr.Hadji

"Just so you know, there may be songs from other games that are left as is, without any new arrangement." ~ Sakurai

Does this give anyone else the impression that after Sakurai looked at the list of songs for Brawl, he thought to himself "Let's triple that list, even if we just import the songs!"

Now there's a GOOOOD chance that an Advance Wars SOMETHING will appear in the game. Character? Assist Trophy? SONG? STAGE? NEW MODE????

[Nintex]

Dr.Hadji said:
"Just so you know, there may be songs from other games that are left as is, without any new arrangement." ~ Sakurai

Does this give anyone else the impression that after Sakurai looked at the list of songs for Brawl, he thought to himself "Let's triple that list, even if we just import the songs!"

Now there's a GOOOOD chance that an Advance Wars SOMETHING will appear in the game. Character? Assist Trophy? SONG? STAGE? NEW MODE????
I would like to see an advance wars based level, like the fire emblem stage with a battle in the background and special events like the Blizzard from the Blue Moon army.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dr.Hadji said:
There damn well better be good representation for AW. 3 great recent games should definitely be enough to get that, especially considering there's characters in Smash who've only appeared in one or two games in the past 20 years. If there's any justice in the world, AW should get at least 1 character, 1 stage, and a couple music tracks.

Christopher

Dr.Hadji said:

oh yuck!

They have so many friggen awesome composers that not making new arrangments is a fucking waste - don't cheap out now Sakurai!

Christopher said:
oh yuck!

They have so many friggen awesome composers that not making new arrangments is a fucking waste - don't cheap out now Sakurai!

I'd hope he means like how some SMB2 music was left as-is in Smash Bros Melee. Where it's retro enough to be excused.

traveler

Not Wario
Best update yet. This is fantastic. They're really going out of their way to try and be the best value in gaming this holiday.

Not there yet, but close.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Christopher said:
oh yuck!

Well obviously hell use the composers to make the arrangements, anything other than that can just be ported over, itll be OK.

Its funny how people in the other thread complain, its like a Pandoras box in the sense that as SOON as a game gives you options in terms of music, then its when people realize that they can bitch for custom soundtracks in. Nobody made that ciomplaint when there were 20 or so set tracks.

Oh, the irony.

230015brp.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230015

Online cofirmed? :p

CassSept

I predicted a story update lol.

Totally. Freakin. Awesome.
This will be best game ever. GOTM, GOTY, GOTForever.
If they include online this game will reach 150% of awesomness.
And the music selection, omfg.
Just please, Sakurai.
Include the castle theme from ALttP (or farewell hyrule king from tww, same thing) and i will import NTSC wii just to get SSBB asap

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm not a big fan Smash fan but even I will be forced to pick this up because of the incredible amount of content, fan service and awesomeness that will be on the disc.

Jiggy

After this I actually have high hopes for pretty much all of the songs I want in the game. Float Islands from Kirby Super Star, Captain Falcon's theme song from F-Zero GX, full vocal Pollyanna from Mother 1... Lyn's/Eliwood's/Hector's theme even if none of the characters themselves are in the game. (Especially with what Sakurai's saying about trying to appease different people since they may have been introduced to a series on a certain system, the FE7 theme with its dozen or so variations makes sense since most people were introduced to FE with that game.)

Good stuff.

Sharp

Holy crap this is the best update ever, hands-down. Even beats the OoT medley one because it confirms fucking DARK WORLD FUCK YEAH

Also did the CD part remind anyone of Mojo?

Grecco said:
There really wont be a need for another SmashBros ever.

I remember saying that to my dad in 2001 about a computer with an 100 GB hard drive and 512 megs of ram. There's always room for improvement. After this one, I personally can't wait to see the next. Obviously, not that I'm in any rush.

On an off note, has anyone mentioned the possibility of the Tonzura Brothers (Earthbound Blues Brothers rip offs) being playable in this game? They appeared in the 64 version when Ness is congratulated, and they are also in the opening sequence to Melee. As well, their van can damage Ness in his stage. Just a thought, and personally, I think, a suitable replacement for the Ice Climbers.

clay_lucky.png
clay_gorgeous.png
tonzura_360.jpg

Jiggy

MasterAJ22 said:
On an off note, has anyone mentioned the possibility of the Tonzura Brothers (Earthbound Blues Brothers rip offs) being playable in this game? They appeared in the 64 version when Ness is congratulated, and they are also in the opening sequence to Melee. As well, their van can damage Ness in his stage. Just a thought, and personally, I think, a suitable replacement for the Ice Climbers.
After the Smashville update with K.K. Slider, I could see a level set in an Earthbound theater where they and/or Venus randomly go up on stage to sing. Playable... probably not. :p Too many other Mother characters to choose from first.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Sharp said:
Holy crap this is the best update ever, hands-down. Even beats the OoT medley one because it confirms fucking DARK WORLD FUCK YEAH

Also did the CD part remind anyone of Mojo?

That and the curry part did :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Mario Galaxy says "hi". Metroid Prime III is just behind him. And Bioshock in practice already has it.

Those Games ain`t got shit on SSBB :D

Scribble

I can see them docking Brawl's review score, saying how it has a lot of extra content, but the core gameplay is fundamentally the same as Melee. I find this sort of thing funny, as reviewers have selective amnesia about games when it comes to using this criticism. They just seem to use it when they feel like being negative. But if Brawl has online, I may be wrong =X

Firestorm

It'll be Brawl vs Halo 3 for multiplayer goty. Although if Brawl has no online they'll just give offline multiplayer to Brawl and online multiplayer to Halo 3

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Scribble said:
I can see them docking Brawl's review score, saying how it has a lot of extra content, but the core gameplay is fundamentally the same as Melee. I find this sort of thing funny, as reviewers have selective amnesia about games when it comes to using this criticism. They just seem to use it when they feel like being negative. But if Brawl has online, I may be wrong =X

Thats like saying the core gameplay in BioShock is the same as in System Shock. Its a really retarded argument that you only use if you want to dock points off of something

"Mario Galaxy is, at its core, more of the same. You jump on enemies to kill them, collect stars and then defeat Bowser"

I could totally see a review being like that, sadly enough

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Scribble said:
What would be interesting to see is if they dock SSBB points if online is implemented, and the latency is a big issue.

Would the game get a 10 if there was no online?

Would the game get an 8 if there was online, but poor latency?

Would the game get an 11 if there was online and no lag to be seen?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom