• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that next week is gonna have the site's 100th update (maybe tomorrow[double update plz] or Tuesday)

think Sakurai will spring a nice 100 surprise or something?

GamerSoul

SovanJedi said:
Okay, I know Captain Syrup, but who're the other two? Is Ray 01 a Custom Robo character?

Yep he's from Custom Robo
customrobo4.jpg

I also ran into this.
Ray01MK.jpg

and Lip
PaneldePon02.jpg

Firestorm

flipping_heck said:
Just noticed that next week is gonna have the site's 100th update (maybe tomorrow[double update plz] or Tuesday)

think Sakurai will spring a nice 100 surprise or something?

Probably. I mean, his birthday update was Subspace Emissary iirc.

AMUSIX said:
Tonights Update:

Gameplay mode: The Credits.

actually, I hope the credits are fun again...silly little thing, but I liked them

I hope they do! I always loved that no matter how many times I played. I hope they add a new feature like...... ummmm.......eeerrrrrr..... Sakurai think of something!!!! :lol

Maybe Wii controls or special guns or something? Unlockables for high scores?

Be hopeful! :D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
flipping_heck said:
Gamefaqs people says that 25th, 50th and 75th update were characters

25th Samus
50th Ike
75th Diddy Kong

hmm..

Having two character updates this close together isn't out of the ordinary

EDIT: Gamefaqs is wrong. Samus is the 25th update if you count double updates but Ike isn't the 50th update if you count double updates

Jiggy

flipping_heck said:
Gamefaqs people says that 25th, 50th and 75th update were characters

25th Samus
50th Ike
75th Diddy Kong

hmm..
25 is indeed Samus, but 50 is Samus' final smash (Ike is 60), and 75 is Subspace Army (Diddy is 76).

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Still having something for the 100th update isn't too crazy to speculate. However will Sakurai base it on the actual 100th update or the 100th DAY of updates?

AMUSIX

any chance of another Music Update? That might take a melody...something simple as can be...and give it some words and a sweet harmony?

I think if that were the update, I would like it very much...even moreso than the credits.

grandjedi6 said:
Still having something for the 100th update isn't too crazy to speculate. However will Sakurai base it on the actual 100th update or the 100th DAY of updates?

maybe he will do like the simpsons and go for the totally random number anniversary show...

Scribble

AMUSIX said:
any chance of another Music Update? That might take a melody...something simple as can be...and give it some words and a sweet harmony?

I think if that were the update, I would like it very much...even moreso than the credits.

After the epic Smash Bros Theme, I'm looking forward to hearing more music.

I REALLY want to listen to Yuzo Koshiro (Actraiser, Streets of Rage, Shenmue) and Yasunori Mitsuda's (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears) songs. They are like, the best game musicians ever!

GamerSoul

Scribble said:
After the epic Smash Bros Theme, I'm looking forward to hearing more music.

I REALLY want to listen to Yuzo Koshiro (Actraiser, Streets of Rage, Shenmue) and Yasunori Mitsuda's (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears) songs. They are like, the best game musicians ever!

I wanna hear music tracks from Yuzo Koshiro
Kenji Yamamoto (Super Metroid/Metroid Prime)
Yuka Tsujiyoko(Fire Emblem)
Motoi Sakuraba(Golden Sun) One step closer to Issac:D

i expect great things from these guys.

Twig

Banned
Firestorm said:
Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit.
Pot calling the kettle black?

Yeesh. You people love to get worked up over nothin', don't you.
Scribble said:
We'll get a character this week, either way.

And it's gonna be Lucas.
Yes.
It's finally time.
I sure hope so.

Or Jeff.

Haunted

oh shit, I won't change my prediction
Adventure mode update, believe
, but I just realised that we'll get an Earthbound themed update tomorrow.

Firestorm said:
I'm brown you racist.
And don't call me fat.
:eek:

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Haunted One said:
oh shit, I won't change my prediction
Adventure mode update, believe
, but I just realised that we'll get an Earthbound themed update tomorrow.

:eek:

I highlighted expecting to read: "
MARIO KART STAGE
" ! :)

What are you going to do when they DO finally unveil it, and that night you had guessed something else?!

Haunted

MrCheez said:
I highlighted expecting to read: "
MARIO KART STAGE
" ! :)

What are you going to do when they DO finally unveil it, and that night you had guessed something else?!
ah, I'll probably shrug it off. no biggie.

OH GOD WHO AM I KIDDING I'LL BREAK DOWN CRYING LIKE A SMALL CHILD

It may be a little farfetched, but i'm willing to bet that tonight we'll be getting a character, stage, item, how to play, game mode or music update. Perhaps even a new notice.

Don't take my word for it, though.

MrCheez

Haunted One said:

:lol

Or watch, instead of the Mario Kart Stage being a stage, it will be an.... ASSIST TROPHY!! (dun dun dun)

JUST LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO LYN

MrCheez

OK guys, I still think Tom Nook has a 90% chance of being in the game. (And he will be awesome! He could throw apples, hit you with a shovel, etc)

BUT who would be the best character EVAR to include from Animal Crossing? (C'mon, we KNOW there is going to be an AC character since we got a stage...)

K.K. SLIDER!

180px-Kk_slider.jpg

I was just thinking today about how awesome he would be. Imagine a Smash character that fights by hitting people with a guitar! :O So awesome.

Of course his chances are super slim since he appears on the Smashville stage as a special event on Saturday... but I was thinking... what if witnessing that special event is the way you unlock him?? It would be awesome because then no one would be able to unlock him until a week after the game came out. :lol (Well, unless they change the Wii's clock :p )

They could so easily make it so that if someone is playing as K.K. Slider on Saturday, the event doesn't happen...

Would be so great! Of course it won't happen, but it's fun to dream.

Oh, also check this out:

kk_slider.jpg

AMUSIX

Why don't people suggest Cappy as the Animal Crossing playable character? He's a freaking sailor...and a cabbie...of course he'd know how to handle himself in a tussle.

Plus, he's got his own theme music.

Davidion

Haunted One said:

Sigh, let's not get all overzealous, we're all adults here
who just happens to enjoy screaming like little girls at video game announcements.

But really, I think we're overreacting a bit here. Calm tempers out to prevail
until I see the full roster of 50+ combatants in this game and proceed to soil my trousers.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Just thought I'd ask, but anyone else think the interface looks extremely shitty (well, at least in comparison to melee)?

Jiggy

Since tomorrow's the 100th update, today's will be fairly mundane. We haven't had an item since August 27th, so my prediction tonight will be...

...the blue shell from Mario Kart. Yeah, let's go with that. Targets whoever has the highest score, the most lives left, etc., but has a large explosion radius. The red shell and green shell will also be confirmed in a roundabout way by being in the screenshots.

Edit: Wait, I take it back. We only haven't had an item since then if I'm not counting assist trophies or Poke Balls. However, we haven't had a Smash 101 or techniques update since August 30th, so I'll predict... an explanation of the crawling mechanic.

MrCheez

Oblivion said:
Just thought I'd ask, but anyone else think the interface looks extremely shitty (well, at least in comparison to melee)?

I do like that its white rather than black... but so far, yes, I think it looks a little too simple and bland. I think it might be too early to judge, though.

For some reason seeing the character select screen is my most anticipated update, even if it contains no roster surprises. I just want to see what its going to look like... Hope it looks nice -- think about how much time in the future you will spend looking at this screen. :lol

Jiggy

I'm going to be so disappointed now if that Lip Kirby isn't in. :( As if not having Lyn Kirby wasn't bad enough.
Come to think of it, I wonder if even a Panel de Pon character being in SSBB would convince Amir0x to play as someone other than Ness or Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom