• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at those Kirby hats it just makes me want to say something I've said a billion times:

I only want Young Link to return in Brawl so his Final Smash can be transforming into Oni Link.

That would be quite possibly the coolest thing in the entire game.

oni%20link.jpg

SantaC

Okay, I dont want to start a new thread for this. But if you could pick two characters from every 3rd party developer that could (had to appear on Nintendo console) star in Smash Bros, what would you pick?
Bolded are confirmed.

Konami (Solid Snake, Simon Belmont)
Capcom (MegaMan, Viewtiful Joe)
Squeenix (Kefka, Terra)
Namco (Lloyd, Kratos)
SEGA (Sonic, Vyse)
Tecmo (Ryu Hayabusa, Tecmo bowl character)
Ubisoft (Prince of persia, Rayman)
Midway (Sub-zero, Sonya Blade)
Blizzard (Olaf, Kyle Blackthorne)
EA (sorry cant think of 2 interesting characters :/)

Then let's see who is the closest of getting their characters right when it is all revealed :D

Bo130

SantaC said:
Okay, I dont want to start a new thread for this. But if you could pick two characters from every 3rd party developer that could (had to appear on Nintendo console) star in Smash Bros, what would you pick?
Bolded are confirmed.

Squeenix (Kefka, Terra)
Namco (Lloyd, Kratos)
SEGA (Sonic, Vyse)
Midway (Sub-zero, Sonya Blade)
Blizzard (Olaf, Kyle Blackthorne)
EA (sorry cant think of 2 interesting characters :/)

Then let's see who is the closest of getting their characters right when it is all revealed :D

Konami - Solid Snake
Ubisoft - Rayman
Sega - Sonic
and
Namco - Pac-Man

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Today's a national holiday, so there is a chance that the site won't update today. I think the site has updated on a national holiday before though, so I wouldn't be too worried.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
sp0rsk said:
Today's a national holiday, so there is a chance that the site won't update today. I think the site has updated on a national holiday before though, so I wouldn't be too worried.
I can see it now.

The update is late:

Half of everyone here interprets it as "OMFG NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING UPDATE" and the other half interprets it as "OMFG WHERE'S THE UPDATE SCREW THE HOLIDAY"

Me said:
Konami (Simon Belmont, Cormano)
Capcom (Megaman, Ryu (his special moves are perfect B-moves))
Squeenix (Sora, Cecil (to plug the upcoming FF4 DS))
Namco (Siegfried, Xianghua)
SEGA (Sonic, NiGHTS)
Tecmo (Dana (Solomon's Key), Kasumi)

Ubisoft
Midway
Blizzard
EA

..........lol

There.

EktorPR

Squeenix (Kefka, Terra, Crono)
Namco (Lloyd, Kratos)
SEGA (Sonic, Vyse)
Ubisoft (Prince of persia, Rayman) NEITHER
Midway (Sub-zero, Sonya Blade) NEITHER
Blizzard (Olaf, Kyle Blackthorne) DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK THEY ARE
EA (sorry cant think of 2 interesting characters :/) ME NEITHER

EDIT: Happy, Raging Spaniard?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
His name is Crono, not Chrono (thats the title), no "h", anyways:

Gimme Megaman, Crono, Simon Belmont, Pacman, Sonic aaaaaaand that River City Ransom dude.

Thatll make me more than content, never happen though.

I predict disappointment, happens often after character reveals.

Capcom (MegaMan, Leon Kennedy)
Squeenix (DQVIII Hero, Edgar)
Namco (Lloyd, Klonoa)
SEGA (Sonic, Billy Hatcher) - You have no idea how much I want to beat the shit out of Billy Hatcher
Tecmo (Ryu Hayabusa, Pangya Girl)
Midway (No)

Jiggy

SantaC said:
Okay, I'm assuming this is a wishlist instead of predictions.

Konami (Solid Snake I guess has to be in, Goemon)
Capcom (Mega Man, Firebrand)
Squeenix (Rena*, Celes)
Namco (Colette, Milly)
SEGA (Sonic, NiGHTS)
Tecmo (Kasumi**, I have no idea who else)

*She was in Star Ocean Blue Sphere, so she was on a Nintendo system.
**Well, she was kinda sorta a costume type of thing in Super Swing Golf...

I have no investment in games by Ubisoft, Midway, Blizzard, or EA.

Firestorm

Capcom: Mega Man
Square Enix: Geno or Crono
Sega: Sonic & Tails combo character BELIEVE
Namco: Pac Man or Klonoa
Hudson: Bomberman
Ubisoft: Rayman

That's what I see as the possible choices.

I expect just Sonic
& TAILS COMBO CHARACTER
and Mega Man. Maybe Geno.

Hero

It's going to be the Ice Climbers special moves. B, forward B, and up and B. I expect all of them to be new or slightly changed.

Firestorm

Hero said:
It's going to be the Ice Climbers special moves. B, forward B, and up and B. I expect all of them to be new or slightly changed.

Why though? They didn't change the rest of the characters' moves too much from the looks of things.

Hero

Firestorm said:
Why though? They didn't change the rest of the characters' moves too much from the looks of things.

I don't expect major changes but slight variations such as Link's attacks.

I just expect up and B to become more useable outside of them trying to recover onto the stage.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Its funny how the IC hate is palpable, but sooo many people seem to want another 2 characters-in-one fighter.

It's one of those things I guess.

Firestorm

Raging Spaniard said:
Its funny how the IC hate is palpable, but sooo many people seem to want another 2 characters-in-one fighter.

It's one of those things I guess.

I think it's just me. I liked Ice Climbers and I would love a Sonic & Tails combo character because:

1. Tails is my favourite game character and I think this is the only way he's getting in
2. Ice Climbers are hands down the most fun character to watch due to their crazy combos and I feel S&T would be similar
3. It'd be a great throwback to the Genesis games

fusoya59

Since everyone's in predict mode, I may as well join in.

I predict that they'll announce a Screenshot/Replay mode. This mode will allow one to record a battle and distribute them to his/her Wii Friends. Moreover, one will be able to pause and capture any moment of the battle and share that screenshot through the Wii message board.

Jiggy

fusoya59 said:
Since everyone's in predict mode, I may as well join in.

I predict that they'll announce a Screenshot/Replay mode. This mode will allow one to record a battle and distribute them to his/her Wii Friends. Moreover, one will be able to pause and capture any moment of the battle and share that screenshot through the Wii message board.
I'd love to see that mode. At the same, I fear for the things Amir0x would do with screenshots of Ness. :eek:

Predicting either:

- New Song

- Boss character

- New character (Ganondorf)!

MasterAJ22 said:
Mallow would be ill.

Don't get my hopes up. Mallow and Geno even as ASSISTS would make me... well.. that's not appropriate to talk about..

Jiggy

JonathanEx said:
When was the last Story Mode update? They had a pattern, might be one of those today or Friday...
7-20 - This World
8-3 - Subspace Emissary
8-21 - Subspace Army
8-24 - Petey Piranha (if you'd like to count him)
9-3 - Pit's Descent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom