• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haunted One said:
Well, that's the worst thing about it. "No Sonic" won't be announced, you'll never know it until you hold the final game in your hands and discover that he is not an unlockable character.

dun dun duuuun!

The thought of holding the game in my very hands... it seems so surreal! But really, I think they will either give us a thumbs up or thumbs down about Sonic before they release the game.

Also, I hate seeing your avatar. It makes me wish Red Harlow was popular enough to have a chance in Brawl :[

SantaC

Gold Member
Haunted One said:
squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak!

Well, that's the worst thing about it. "No Sonic" won't be announced, you'll never know it until you hold the final game in your hands and discover that he is not an unlockable character.

dun dun duuuun!

except that whole Internet will reveal all characters before you got your copy.

SantaC said:
My local Gamestop confided in me that they might be having a midnight launch for Brawl, but it's just a hypothetical for now.

I have a final exam December 3rd and 4th. :(

SantaC

Gold Member
ShockingAlberto said:
My local Gamestop confided in me that they might be having a midnight launch for Brawl, but it's just a hypothetical for now.

Brawl will sell like crazy. I hope Nintendo actually makes a marketting effort with this game.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
SantaC said:
Okay, I dont want to start a new thread for this. But if you could pick two characters from every 3rd party developer that could (had to appear on Nintendo console) star in Smash Bros, what would you pick?
Bolded are confirmed.

Konami (Solid Snake, Simon Belmont)
Capcom (MegaMan, Viewtiful Joe)
Squeenix (Kefka, Terra)
Namco (Lloyd, Kratos)
SEGA (Sonic, Vyse)
Tecmo (Ryu Hayabusa, Tecmo bowl character)
Ubisoft (Prince of persia, Rayman)
Midway (Sub-zero, Sonya Blade)
Blizzard (Olaf, Kyle Blackthorne)
EA (sorry cant think of 2 interesting characters :/)

Then let's see who is the closest of getting their characters right when it is all revealed :D

Let's see... hmm

Konami: Snake, Simon Belmont
Capcom: Megaman, Ryu
S-E: Slime, Chocobo
SEGA: Sonic, Joe Musashi
Tecmo: Mighty Bomb Jack (!!!!!), Ryu
Ubisoft: Emo Prince, Rayman
Midway: Sub-Zero, Liu Kang
Blizzard: Umm... the Protoss?
EA: John Madden :lol
Namco: Pac-Man, Valkyrie

I'm wondering, how come we haven't gotten any Starfy related stuff yet?

Haunted

SantaC said:
I'm in Europe. ;_;

emot-argh.gif

Jiggy

The worst thing about a horribly mediocre day of releases for VC is that now tonight's wait for Possible Megaton for the Dojo's Update #100 will be more excruciating since I'll have no new old games to keep my mind off it. :(

Firestorm

Dreavus said:
Hmm, a second hammer with a very similar function to the regular hammer (except for the floating part) seems a bit redundant, but I guess it's pretty wacky nonetheless.

I wonder if you can still interrupt someone using the hammer and make them drop it like you could in melee. Am I the only person who tried to carefully attack the hammer wielder between swings rather than run like I'm supposed to? :lol

I always just chucked projectiles at them =) To hell with running

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
ShockingAlberto said:

Atleast you can get the exams out of the way and play as long as you want. I've got 7 exams in january, so I'm going to have to spend most of my december revising for them :(

Firestorm

I have Mondays off, including December 3rd and that`s the last day of school. My exams are both on the 14th.

So play for a week and a half before cramming really hard!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Jiggy37 said:
The worst thing about a horribly mediocre day of releases for VC is that now tonight's wait for Possible Megaton for the Dojo's Update #100 will be more excruciating since I'll have no new old games to keep my mind off it. :(
Do we have any reason to believe that the 100th update will be a big one?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
RubxQub said:
Do we have any reason to believe that the 100th update will be a big one?
Not really. Everyone's guessing that it might be a big update just because its the 100th one.

Haunted

I guess they'll do something cool for the 100th update. Is that due tomorrow? Then I expect a megaton. Don't know what to predict, though.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Also, I hate seeing your avatar. It makes me wish Red Harlow was popular enough to have a chance in Brawl :[
61ls6jl.jpg
61ls6jl.jpg
61ls6jl.jpg
61ls6jl.jpg

Wasn't on a Nintendo system, unfortunately. :(

Jiggy

I predict the five banana peels item.

Then in the text it'll say "Actually, this is the second Smash Bros. Dojo update for today" and you scroll down from the 101st update to the 100th update to find an explanation of the different online modes.
And it'll also have blurred silhouettes of Lip, Lucas, Ridley, King Dedede, and Black Shadow, prompting 40+ pages of speculation before 1:50 AM Pacific.

No, this isn't a serious prediction.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:

Then in the text it'll say "Actually, this is the second Smash Bros. Dojo update for today" and you scroll down from the 101st update to the 100th update to find an explanation of the different online modes.
And it'll also have blurred silhouettes of Lip, Lucas, Ridley, King Dedede, and Black Shadow, prompting 40+ pages of speculation before 1:50 AM Pacific.

No, this isn't a serious prediction.

Oh good. Then I call it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
IT WILL BE CAPTAIN FALCON!

Well no since they just confirmed Ice Climbers, but maybe by the end of this weeek or the next we will have seen the good Captain.

It will probably be more story information.

Dr.Hadji

grandjedi6 said:
The press haven't even been able to play the game yet, so no dice sadly

Its funny, Brawl is the only high profile game coming out in the next 6 months that no press has played yet. I'm starting to think the press might not get to play it until review time comes around.

Dr.Hadji said:
Its funny, Brawl is the only high profile game coming out in the next 6 months that no press has played yet. I'm starting to think the press might not get to play it until review time comes around.

I hope it doesn't end like that. There is no press on this at all, which worries me. I really hope this game makes GOTY.

darn you BIOSHOCK!!!!

GamerSoul

Zamus is shaping up to be a cool character.

stage12_070912b-l.jpg

The UAir(me thinks) looks powerful and awesome. Bicycle Kick style.:D

stage12_070912c-l.jpg

laser looks sweet. It'll probably stun for like a second.

Dr.Hadji

Frozen Fire said:
I hope it doesn't end like that. There is no press on this at all, which worries me. I really hope this game makes GOTY.

darn you BIOSHOCK!!!!

Oh it won't get GOTY. Wii GOTY will probably go to Galaxy and over all it doesn't have a chance. As good as a game as it ends up being, the truth of the matter is hardly anyone in the major press will care to take the game seriously. They'll marvel at the options, comment about how frantic it is, and finally end with their stock comment "it always feels good stickin it to Pikachu". Then they'll go on back to playing Halo3, Call of Duty 4, and Team Fortess. All familiar guilty pleasures that they knew the mechanics of inside and out.

Dr.Hadji said:
Oh it won't get GOTY. Wii GOTY will probably go to Galaxy and over all it doesn't have a chance. As good as a game as it ends up being, the truth of the matter is hardly anyone in the major press will care to take the game seriously. They'll marvel at the options, comment about how frantic it is, and finally end with their stock comment "it always feels good stickin it to Pikachu". Then they'll go on back to playing Halo3, Call of Duty 4, and Team Fortess. All familiar guilty pleasures that they knew the mechanics of inside and out.

Wow...... way to shut down all my hopes and dreams...... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom