• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ness will be in, probably Lucas too. Sakurai has a big attachment to anything HAL related, and so does Iwata plus a whole lot of people who've worked on the Smash series at Nintendo.

usea said:
Please state speculation as such.

Well they hinted it's still in his normal attacks (actually they pretty much just went out and said it) on the site.

But that means they had to have ditched his down A or his Down-Smash. And if they got rid of Mario's breakdancin' Down-Smash, I will cry.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Grecco said:
After playing some Animal Crossing. I really want some characters as playable now. Damn that Tom Nook

Yeah, that swindler.

Sometimes I think that Animal Crossing is a grand conspiracy and that Tom Nook is really a prison master who is using your brainwashed character as a means to build his empire. You know in Animal Crossing 5 he will be the super villain that was behind everything, all the mail you get, all those bottles in the sea, and most importantly the rantings of the evil purple duck in the post office.

It all makes sense.

On that note, it would be cool to have Vesta in Smash Bros. :lol

Twig

Banned
usea said:
Please state speculation as such.
Speculation?

What are you talking about?

Here.

mario_070906d-l.jpg

He still seems to have this move, though.
Eh? Is it a normal attack?!

There is still the slim possibility that it's a new special or that it only gets used while in the air or something, but... chances are that's not the case.

Either way, not speculation.

TheOneGuy said:
Speculation?

Here.

mario_070906d-l.jpg

There is still the slim possibility that it's a new special or that it only gets used while in the air or something, but... chances are that's not the case.

Also, if you look closely in either of the two vids ( I can't remember which :p ) He uses it in a scene. It is there just not in down B. Maybe you can knock F.L.U.D.D. off him. Then use Mario Tornado. Either way, good for Mario fans. You guys get another "B". Stop Whining! :D

NeonZ

I don't know WHY they would get rid've Mario's Down+B (Mario Tornado) when it's his PRIMARY form of attack in the NEW Mario Sunshine game!

1-Mario Tornado hasn't been completely eliminated.
2-Both are spin attacks, but the one in Galaxy isn't really identical to the SSB one. The most obvious difference is that it doesn't seem to stop Mario's movement, unlike the Tornado.

If they're going for game references, why did they gave Mario a supremely badass Final Smash that has NOTHING to do with any of his previous games and then color him goofy with FLUDD as his down+B. I just don't understand the logic. It's like they tried to go both ways with this one.

They don't seem to be going for references with the Final Smashes, though. Bowser even turns into the Smash Bros-created Giga Bowser...

Teasel

NeonZ said:
They don't seem to be going for references with the Final Smashes, though. Bowser even turns into the Smash Bros-created Giga Bowser...
uuhhh... pit summoning centurions doesn't count as a reference? and yoshi growing wing and spitting fire like in super mario world?
i don't understand the complaint about FLUDD though... pushing an enemy far sound a lot more usefull than the tornado and the fact that they are changing special move means that they are reworking old character too which is a good thing,who cares about reference or not?
now assuming mario final smash had to have a reference on it what would that reference be anyway?

NeonZ said:
2-Both are spin attacks, but the one in Galaxy isn't really identical to the SSB one. The most obvious difference is that it doesn't seem to stop Mario's movement, unlike the Tornado.

Thank you for splitting hairs.

I'm just kickin back and remembering all the times Mario took off his cape and spun enemies around with it in Mario World.

Good times.

Teasel said:
now assuming mario final smash had to have a reference on it what would that reference be anyway?

Nothing, nothing at all. I'm not complaining though, Mario Finale is the most badass thing Mario has done. Ever.

The closest thing I can even think of that's even remotely close is Ultra Flame from Mario RPG.

And I've played every Mario game, even the shitty ones.

NeonZ

uuhhh... pit summoning centurions doesn't count as a reference?
I don't think so, no. Just like how Link attacking with the Triforce in the background isn't a reference. Yes, there's inspiration taken from the original setting/game for some elements, but the attack itself is original.

and yoshi growing wing and spitting fire like in super mario world?
Ok, you've got a point there.

I'm just kickin back and remembering all the times Mario took off his cape and spun enemies around with it in Mario World.

While the way Mario waves his cape is different in Smash, it does turn around enemies in Mario World, only most of the time it kills them too.

TheOneGuy said:
Speculation?

Here.

mario_070906d-l.jpg

i like when people try to come off as dicks and somebody just smashes it all in their face :lol

so what are you guy's hopes for Sonic looking like at this point?

GamerSoul

It would be interesting to have Sonic on the roster, but I don't really care.

Give me my Nintendo characters first before putting those extras in. :p

GamerSoul

AdmiralViscen said:
I'll take Sonic over C-list Nintendo characters.

Does that include discrete characters like Captain Syrup, Lip and Ray 01? Cuz I think they'd be cool characters to play as. I wanna see more characters that I've never even thought about in awhile.

Scribble

GamerSoul said:
Does that include discrete characters like Captain Syrup, Lip and Ray 01? Cuz I think they'd be cool characters to play as. I wanna see more characters that I've never even thought about in awhile.

I agree. It's cool how the Smash Bros. series have given interesting - but obscure - characters a new lease of life. Like how Ice Climbers are now a Smash Bros staple, and aren't buried in Nintendo history.

I still would like Sonic in, though. He wouldn't be in at the expense of another character, anyway. If Sakurai wanted to add Stafy, he would add Stafy regardless of whether Sonic was in or not. I don't think all this "character slot" stuff actually exists.

I think tonights going to be a good one.

New character, probably from the Mother series. This is true! You will all know the power of a clairvoyant monkey!

DON'T READ THIS OR IT WON'T COME TRUE!!!

Firestorm

Don't think it'll be a character. We had Ice Climbers on Friday (which made me happier than just about any new character :D).

I predict: Item - Bob-omb

usea

TheOneGuy said:
Speculation?

If you take that as fact, you're retarded. Anything beyond what is straight up told to us as factual is speculation. You admitted yourself that it's possible that it's somehting else, he even ASKS if it's a normal move. We don't know whether it will be a B move or not, don't act like you do.

ShockingAlberto said:
God forbid anyone read the site in a thread for site updates.
I read every update as they come out, in full, and I read every post of this thread. I also comprehend them. Saying tornado is not a B move is an assumption. I think it's very likely that down+b will do tornado when you don't have fludd.

Haunted

I'm still feeling the same about tomorrow's prediction - Adventure mode update, he'll show us one of the singleplayer levels.

Haunted One said:
I'm still feeling the same about tomorrow's prediction - Adventure mode update, he'll show us one of the singleplayer levels.
To be honest... these updates are nice and all... but I just want to play it.

I love Melee I loved plain old Smash (for awhile even thought the original was the better game), and this game will be no different. It's a style thats been just about perfected. All it needs now is more of everything (and Brawl seems to be doing that).

Games like this Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Earthbound... really too many to spout out, are the reason I know the Wii will be worth the cost. Anything else is just pudding on an already sugar filled plate.

Geeks paradise is Brawl.

usea said:
I read every update as they come out, in full, and I read every post of this thread. I also comprehend them. Saying tornado is not a B move is an assumption. I think it's very likely that down+b will do tornado when you don't have fludd.

I don't think you "arm" FLUDD like you would Wario's motorcycle. I think it just gets pulled out of effectively nowhere, Mario blasts, then he puts it away in a fast motion. Kind of like Fox's blaster, but without the holster.

Maybe he keeps it shrunk down in his back pocket?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Thunder Monkey said:
To be honest... these updates are nice and all... but I just want to play it.

I love Melee I loved plain old Smash (for awhile even thought the original was the better game), and this game will be no different. It's a style thats been just about perfected. All it needs now is more of everything (and Brawl seems to be doing that).

Games like this Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Earthbound... really too many to spout out, are the reason I know the Wii will be worth the cost. Anything else is just pudding on an already sugar filled plate.

Geeks paradise is Brawl.

There is something I have to tell you. Earthbound on wii....its not going to happen. Earthbound died years ago and NOA is commiteed to keeping it buried. I know it may seem like a shock and it will hurt for a while. But you must accept this fact and move on. Remember acceptance is the first step to healing

Scribble

Mother Wii would be such a breath of fresh air in this world of generic looking JRPGs. SUCH a breath of fresh fucking air. Much like Mother 2 was back then.

fernoca

Hmmm..
Anyone realized that from now on, technically any character revealed will be completely new? :O! (excluding Snake)

First trailer had:
Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Meta-Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario and Snake.

Trailer #2 had the same, plus introduced Fox.

But aside of Snake, with the "excuse" that he's a third party character, everyone else was already revealed/profiled. So, is like every character update from now on is a mini-megaton. :p

grandjedi6

Scribble said:
Mother Wii would be such a breath of fresh air in this world of generic looking JRPGs. SUCH a breath of fresh fucking air. Much like Mother 2 was back then.

"I wanted to create a game (EarthBound) with real characters; characters whom players would recognize in the people around them." -- Shigesato Itoi

That said I don't Itoi is planning on making anymore Mother games ever :(

grandjedi6 said:
There is something I have to tell you. Earthbound on wii....its not going to happen. Earthbound died years ago and NOA is commiteed to keeping it buried. I know it may seem like a shock and it will hurt for a while. But you must accept this fact and move on. Remember acceptance is the first step to healing
Bah, Mother on the VC.

Perfect way to finally release Mother 3 in America. Gauge interest and then make 2D Mothers for WiiWare.

Perfect world that's what WiiWare would be used for. Bringing back old series revamped in 3D or 2D. And a mess of new stuff.

AMUSIX

Tonights Update:

Gameplay mode: The Credits.

actually, I hope the credits are fun again...silly little thing, but I liked them

grandjedi6

Thunder Monkey said:
Bah, Mother on the VC.

Perfect way to finally release Mother 3 in America. Gauge interest and then make 2D Mothers for WiiWare.

Perfect world that's what WiiWare would be used for. Bringing back old series revamped in 3D or 2D. And a mess of new stuff.

Its become clear that NOA has no attention of releasing Mother 3 in the states. There are no new Mother games coming ever. The way things are going Earthbound probably won't be released on the virtual console until 2009. It is time to accept Earthbound's death.
:(

WildArms said:
I really want a Tetris stage. :-(

I want a tetroid character profile.
I can see the Mojo site updating now

Raw64life

I wouldn't mind having no update at all as long as we got a message from Sakaguchi saying...

"Yes, I am aware of a popular franchise called Punch-Out that was made by Nintendo. It may or may not be represented in SSBB, but I am aware that it exists."

...so at least I'll know he's just deliberately ignoring it, and not have me thinking that maybe he just doesn't know it exists.

Haunted

Raw64life said:
I wouldn't mind having no update at all as long as we got a message from Sakaguchi saying...

...so at least I'll know he's just deliberately ignoring it, and not have me thinking that maybe he just doesn't know it exists.
*raises eyebrow*

Twig

Banned
usea said:
If you take that as fact, you're retarded. Anything beyond what is straight up told to us as factual is speculation. You admitted yourself that it's possible that it's somehting else, he even ASKS if it's a normal move. We don't know whether it will be a B move or not, don't act like you do.
Whoa, someone doesn't like it when they're proven wrong!

Chill dude, no harm done!

Firestorm

You know, I played SSBM through component on my LCD TV once I got my Wii. It looks pretty damn good. Much better than most Wii games. Makes me think how awesome Brawl will look even on HDTVs =D

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
GamerSoul said:

Okay, I know Captain Syrup, but who're the other two? Is Ray 01 a Custom Robo character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom