• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
item10_070917e.jpg

You can float in midair!

o_O......................... wtf.

PkunkFury

Jiggy37 said:
but this includes 6 clones... we already have 8 new characters (7 revealed + Snake) to brawl, which is the same number of unique movesets added to Melee. Plus Pokemon Trainer is almost like 3 characters, so you cloud argue there are 9 new characters revealed. At any rate, it seems Brawl will feel like a much bigger update

Jiggy

This is a random thought because of the tame update, but I wonder how much text on the Dojo site has been translated into English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian. There's probably been more translation work done on this site making zero profit (in and of itself) than it would have taken to port over several Japan-only games to VC or whatever. Unusual for Nintendo, but then, I guess this is Sakurai's baby.

kamikaze

golden hammer seems cool...now just let me know if there'll be a roy/marth character so i can jump into them again with a down-b counter!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Capndrake said:
It's from Wrecking Crew . . . . (Note the green pedestal)

I think you're right.... and in Wrecking Crew, you could also run over gaps if you tapped the button repeatedly while carrying the gold hammer.

I bow before your knowledge

Dreavus

Hmm, a second hammer with a very similar function to the regular hammer (except for the floating part) seems a bit redundant, but I guess it's pretty wacky nonetheless.

I wonder if you can still interrupt someone using the hammer and make them drop it like you could in melee. Am I the only person who tried to carefully attack the hammer wielder between swings rather than run like I'm supposed to? :lol

I don't know why we need a second hammer, but the flying makes it easier to hit people. Before, with the limited jump, If you were high enough you didn't need to do anything. Now, you really have to dodge! :lol

On the other hand, I hope that they don't make it overpowered.

Although I usally play with items off

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Good update. The hammer was one of my favourite weapons, but its so annoying when another character gets it and you're on the receiving end .

Haunted

So we have the normal hammer returning and the new golden hammer confirmed. Nice. The hammer is one of the most hilarious items in Melee, especially when it malfunctions. Good times, good times.

...squeak squeak squeak.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Frozen Fire said:
I don't know why we need a second hammer, but the flying makes it easier to hit people. Before, with the limited jump, If you were high enough you didn't need to do anything. Now, you really have to dodge! :lol
I think it's really more like floating than flying. Looks like you just continue on the X-axis in midair, you can't take off and fly around the screen.

Haunted

squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak!

SuperAngelo64 said:
You think this is bad? Wait until you see me when "No Sonic" is announced.
Well, that's the worst thing about it. "No Sonic" won't be announced, you'll never know it until you hold the final game in your hands and discover that he is not an unlockable character.

dun dun duuuun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom