• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Crono would be awesome, no way around that. Except for random Chrono Trigger haters, I guess, but I don't know what kind of a game they'd think is awesome. >_>

Anyway, we haven't done update predictions tonight yet. :(
In the seventeen and a half weeks of updates we've had, there were 19 character profiles, but no profiles yet this week. The F-Zero franchise has only had one update and that was on July 2nd, two and a half months ago. So tonight... Captain Falcon's night. If not his, then Lucas (only one Mother update, from August 10th), but I'm not predicting that because that would make Amir0x too happy for it to be reality.

Grecco

Jiggy37 said:
Crono would be awesome, no way around that. Except for random Chrono Trigger haters, I guess, but I don't know what kind of a game they'd think is awesome. >_>

Anyway, we haven't done update predictions tonight yet. :(
In the seventeen and a half weeks of updates we've had, there were 19 character profiles, but no profiles yet this week. The F-Zero franchise has only had one update and that was on July 2nd, two and a half months ago. So tonight... Captain Falcon's night. If not his, then Lucas (only one Mother update, from August 10th), but I'm not predicting that because that would make Amir0x too happy for it to be reality.

Chrono Trigger Haters dont deserve to be gamers. Period.

Oh and i hope we get Tom Nook confiremd. Or that God Damn Fraud Lyle

Firestorm

Chozo Ruins.

We all know Sakurai reads this thread so even if it's not in the game he'll be like "Firestorm wants this" and make his level designers put it in the game before updating with it.

Chris R

Firestorm said:
Chozo Ruins.

We all know Sakurai reads this thread so even if it's not in the game he'll be like "Firestorm wants this" and make his level designers put it in the game before updating with it.
that actually is a really good idea for a level

I think as of now, any update on the site has to be a stage/character/item we haven't seen before in any videos or screenshots. Aside from Snake, who is probably a secret character.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Staccat0 said:
Any character that gets into the game from a thrid party would have to be absolutely ICONIC
I doubt there would be more than 5 maybe just the obvious ones...
Sonic (Mario Vs. Sonic finally!!1!!)
Mega Man (Mega Man Vs. Samus finally!!1!!)
Pac Man (Pac Man Vs. Donkey Kong finally!!1!!)
MAYBE a Castelvania guy like Simon Belmont

No one respect Pac Man's legacy enough! He could summon fruit to eat as a move and turn everyone blue with his Final Smash, before eating them all...:D
Very few others deserve the nod IMO. It should be a NINTENDO based world... If its only Snake thats too bad.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about the idea of Pac Man being in the game. Not saying he isn't iconic, because of course he is... but... have you SEEN 3d Pac Man? He is just so... blah looking. :(

pacman2_narrowweb__300x421,0.jpg

Plus I just can't see how they could make his moveset interesting. (Of course they can make a moveset for ANYONE (a la Captain Falcon and Fox), but that doesn't mean it will automatically be great.)

I still really really really really want Mega Man. :p

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
SuperAngelo64 said:
I think as of now, any update on the site has to be a stage/character/item we haven't seen before in any videos or screenshots. Aside from Snake, who is probably a secret character.
He'd better be...

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Grecco said:
Old School Mega Man (None of that Net Runner nonsense)

If Mega Man DID get in, but then it turned out to be the weird .EXE version... it'd be like a slap in the face.

Old school Mega Man is a MUST. Even with Mega Man being third party, old school mega man still makes me think NINTENDO. :)

Firestorm

SuperAngelo64 said:

Sakurai confirmed Snake as being unlockable a long time ago.

Jiggy

SuperAngelo64 said:
Haunted One to never get his Mario Kart stage, confirmed. :lol

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
MrCheez said:
Honestly, I'm not crazy about the idea of Pac Man being in the game. Not saying he isn't iconic, because of course he is... but... have you SEEN 3d Pac Man? He is just so... blah looking. :(

pacman2_narrowweb__300x421,0.jpg

Plus I just can't see how they could make his moveset interesting. (Of course they can make a moveset for ANYONE (a la Captain Falcon and Fox), but that doesn't mean it will automatically be great.)

I still really really really really want Mega Man. :p
I hacked the Dojo anf ound this...
Up= does a thrusting bite into the air
Side= Dashing Bite
Down= Fruit (cherries and such) fall from the sky
holding "B"= his arms and legs dissapear and he moves faster but can't do other specials
Final smash= Turns evryone blue. If he bites you, your out!
Note: Pac man gains extra life from fruits compared to other foods or characters.
:lol
Silly but cool. I don't really care for Pac Man as a character, but he has earned a spot.
More people know who pac man is than anyone other than Mario

Tristam said:
Item update: Hanafuda playing cards. Believe.

You have no idea how insanely awesome it would be if Hanafuda cards were in this game.

It would be like a virtual Nintendo museum... only everything beats the shit out've eachother.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Pac-Man has a better shot than anyone else except Sonic, really.

Pac-Man has already appeared in two Nintendo/Namco Mario Kart titles AND Pac-Man Vs.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
SuperAngelo64 said:
You have no idea how insanely awesome it would be if Hanafuda cards were in this game.

It would be like a virtual Nintendo museum... only everything beats the shit out've eachother.
:lol :lol

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
DavidDayton said:

Pac-Man has already appeared in two Nintendo/Namco Mario Kart titles AND Pac-Man Vs.
I'm gonna suck your **** off for saying that...:D

DavidDayton said:

Uh.. you weren't around during the NES era, were ya?

Megaman has a way higher chance than Pacman. Megaman baiscally WAS NES

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
SuperAngelo64 said:
Uh.. you weren't around during the NES era, were ya?

Megaman has a way higher chance than Pacman. Megaman baiscally WAS NES

Really? I had an NES since day one and never owned a Megaman game back then, dont assume!

Ducktales, on the other hand...

Raging Spaniard said:
Really? I had an NES since day one and never owned a Megaman game back then, dont assume!

Ducktales, on the other hand...

Ducktales is honestly the NES game I've probably replayed the most. I WISH Scrooge was in this game with his pogo skillz.. but... that's probably the most ridiculous longshot ever.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I hope the balance board is somewhere in the game so I can change the thread title to

"Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Now with Wii Fit"

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heh, well so much for whoever was speculating about palette swapping for the Pokemon Trainer!

Cool, this'll mean a great update tomorrow.

Jiggy

This is the 12th Pokemon update (counting all types of updates related to the franchise). Pokemon has now had 33% more updates as a series than Mario, which has had nine updates (or eight if you don't count Petey Piranha), and it's doubled up or more on every other series in Smash so far: Zelda, Kirby, and Kid Icarus have had six updates each, Star Fox and Donkey Kong five each, and the others are at four or less. By now even I'm getting tired of Pokemon updates and that's my favorite series other than Smash. :/

All that said, I do still like the water effects in this game.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
SuperAngelo64 said:
Ducktales is honestly the NES game I've probably replayed the most. I WISH Scrooge was in this game with his pogo skillz.. but... that's probably the most ridiculous longshot ever.

Ducktales had re playability because it was HARD!

Capcom really made hard games back in the day, it is what made old-school gamers into the men they are today, kids today with their internets and easy games where EVERY game you can save in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom