• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
Piplup and torchic are the only starter pokemons that are as great as charmander or squirtle (i didnt like bulbasaur that much)

so yeah~! for piplup

Torchic.png

DP146.jpg

Koomaster

Wow, I'm liking his move, could create a lot of chaos. I'm just dreaming of a match with all items except pokeballs turned off, then the distribution rate set to high. ^______^

RagnarokX

Although I liked the look of piplup before Diamond and Pearl came out, it turned out to be pretty much the most worthless starter in the game. I was hoping for more megatons this week :(

Anyway... how about a new image for the first post?
dojoupdatewifi.jpg

ohamsie

I don't think the amount of Pokeball updates has been overwhelming. We've only had four so far. Heck, I would have expected the pokeball item to have been updated way more than what it has been.

itschris

SantaC said:
btw is this the largest thread ever now?

It's by far the thread with the most views, and it's the largest gaming forum thread, but the 2007 MLB thread in the OT still has 500 more posts. This thread will probably pass it soon, though.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Piplup is awesome!

Last pokemon game I played was Red and I used Charmander (got him to level 99 without evolving!!! :D ) and now that I have Pearl I use an awesome penguin! (although I am only like 8 hours into it... I miss free time :()

SantaC said:
btw is this the largest thread ever now?

Nearly, but the Halo3 thread has grown 3000 posts in A DAY!

Their challenge in there is to beat this thread, which is a little sad. As at least this thread contains something new everyday.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
DefectiveReject said:
Nearly, but the Halo3 thread has grown 8000 posts in A DAY!

Their challenge in there is to beat this thread, which is a little sad. As at least this thread contains something new everyday.

They are trying too hard *cough*

Besides, while they are playing online with a bunch of kids using vulgarity (the reason I will never play Xbox live again!) I will be sitting in a room with 3 friends drunk off my ass sending piplup to knock them all off the screen! :lol :D

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
DefectiveReject said:
Nearly, but the Halo3 thread has grown 8000 posts in A DAY!

Thats retarded. We should turn this thread into the official Brawl one when the game finally comes out then.

AlternativeUlster said:
Thats retarded. We should turn this thread into the official Brawl one when the game finally comes out then.
It is retarded
I had a look in there yesterday as i have the game on Pre-order myself, it was at 10,000 posts and some guys were all "Lets beat the Smash Bros Topic" ... 3000 YES 3000 posts LATER................. Halo3 thread nearly catches up with a thread wanted by MILIONS, which has daily updates and is 4mths old.

But i do think this should become the official thread too.
AniHawk said:
No. God no.
Sorry Ani.. But as God i must make it so.....

Edited out my retarded mathematics!!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Bah. I'm not against Pokeball updates in any way whatsoever, but Piplup is my least favourite of the Diamond/Pearl starters.

Should've been Turtwig if it was up to me.

...BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH Yeah I know. I'm allowed to once in a while!

AlternativeUlster

DefectiveReject said:
It is retarded
I had a look in there yesterday as i have the game on Pre-order myself, it was at 10,000 posts and some guys were all "Lets beat the Smash Bros Topic" ... 3000 YES 3000 posts LATER................. Halo3 thread nearly catches up with a thread wanted by MILIONS, which has daily updates and is 4mths old.

But i do think this should become the official thread too.

Sorry Ani.. But as God i must make it so.....

Edited out my retarded mathematics!!

Now it feels like I am not doing my part. I could have made comments on all the updates but I haven't and now we might fall to some people whose goal is to smash this thread. I won't stand for it. I think I am going to go back and write comments about every update now.

Darkpen

Banned
farnham said:
Piplup and torchic are the only starter pokemons that are as great as charmander or squirtle (i didnt like bulbasaur that much)

so yeah~! for piplup
Screw charmander and squirtle, its all about Bulbasaur.

Also... seeing Piplup made me wonder...

Do you think the internet will reach Sakurai in time to put in

mudkip.png

?

D:

Make it happen, internet, make it happen.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
AlternativeUlster said:
Now it feels like I am not doing my part. I could have made comments on all the updates but I haven't and now we might fall to some people whose goal is to smash this thread. I won't stand for it. I think I am going to go back and write comments about every update now.
Nah, no point in competing. I think even talking about such things should be a banable offense. Anyway, Halo 3 will come out and get a new thread starting back at zero.

Ashhong

man, where the hell is my real 3D pokemon? a real pokemon game with the effects seen in SSBB like water, fire and all that would be so amazing. seriously...where is it?!?

Darkpen

Banned
Ashhong said:
man, where the hell is my real 3D pokemon? a real pokemon game with the effects seen in SSBB like water, fire and all that would be so amazing. seriously...where is it?!?
They're never gonna make it because it'll play so differently than the current turn-based rpg.

I'd love to see an anime-inspired action-rpg pokemon as much as the next guy, but it'll never happen.

AlternativeUlster said:

Smash Topic
weneedyou.jpg

Surprised they haven't put any wallpapers or anything up on the site yet.

AlternativeUlster

Staccat0 said:
Nah, no point in competing. I think even talking about such things should be a banable offense. Anyway, Halo 3 will come out and get a new thread starting back at zero.

Isn't that the Halo 3 the official thread though? Why would the official thread need a new thread? I guess it could be a LTTP thread but I don't see that being made until like 6 months from now.

AlternativeUlster

DefectiveReject said:
Smash Topic
weneedyou.jpg

Surprised they haven't put any wallpapers or anything up on the site yet.

Ha ha yes. Ok, I am going to comment on a certain item that was announced a while ago: Item: Barrel. I guess this item was expected. I wish they would have a bag of cement from that Game and Watch game instead, though. Or I guess we can get both. Actually yeah, lets get a bag of cement for an item update soon.

CTLance

Am I the only one reminded of the Bubble Bobble water-filled bubble? The Bubble Bobble bubble had nearly the same effect, only in Brawl you lose a life, whereas in Bubble Bobble you just fell in from the top again.

AlternativeUlster said:
Ha ha yes. Ok, I am going to comment on a certain item that was announced a while ago: Item: Barrel. I guess this item was expected. I wish they would have a bag of cement from that Game and Watch game instead, though. Or I guess we can get both. Actually yeah, lets get a bag of cement for an item update soon.

A bag of cement....?
Wow!
Why not a WiiFit board as an item.
You balance on it.
and begin to move around
as you move the screen shakes
and the characters begin being thrown about, and indoor stages things drop on you.

AlternativeUlster

DefectiveReject said:
A bag of cement....?
Wow!
Why not a WiiFit board as an item.
You balance on it.
and begin to move around
as you move the screen shakes
and the characters begin being thrown about, and indoor stages things drop on you.

Cement Factory is so freaking awesome. My favorite Game and Watch game ever. We used to live by a cement factory when I was a kid and I wanted to go in there to see if it was really set up like that. My dad assured me that it wasn't and we weren't going to waste our time visiting a cement factory. We went to the liquor store instead.

The Balance Board would be sweet to say have like 5 characters playing at the same time with the 5th person just doing what you were saying, moving around on the board, just trying to fuck up that person's game. Too bad WiiFit doesn't come out before Brawl. Actually, it does in Japan doesn't it?

DefectiveReject said:
It is retarded
You do realize that this thread is filled to the brim with the exact same shit right? The exact same shit as what you just posted. Page after page of drivel about which topic is next on the list, about when it'll pass whatever. And then don't forget to toss in the, oh, 400% or so of this thread dedicated to brain destroying arguments about which characters are confirmed and which only a complete retard would think are going to return.

Anyways, shitty update. But then again, I don't really think they need to have a good one ever again after confirming Online.

SantaC

so 500 more posts until the largest? Guess Halo3 will beat that before this thread unless sakurai launches another megaton tomorrow.

AlternativeUlster

Son of Godzilla said:
You do realize that this thread is filled to the brim with the exact same shit right? The exact same shit as what you just posted. Page after page of drivel about which topic is next on the list, about when it'll pass whatever. And then don't forget to toss in the, oh, 400% or so of this thread dedicated to brain destroying arguments about which characters are confirmed and which only a complete retard would think are going to return.

Anyways, shitty update. But then again, I don't really think they need to have a good one ever again after confirming Online.

Oh no, we are under attack from the guy with the Halo avatar. Someone post the Tom Cruise gif.

Son of Godzilla said:

I was reading your post, then i saw your Avatar flash Master Chief and stopped.......

The water effects are looking very nice. Brawl really is a good looking game. There are more games I want to play coming up on the 360, but there is no game I want that even comes close to matching Brawl. I hate it that you have to own different consoles to play the games you want.

Dreavus

I'm a little underwhelmed by this update; they could have at least given us two pokemon! But then again, now all updates are like dying embers compared to that one, glorious, Wi-Fi reveal. :lol

AlternativeUlster

DefectiveReject said:
We aint padding the topic.
You are.
I really couldn't give a damn if this, the Halo or even BABIEZ thread has more posts.

A BABIEZ thread that epic would be only because this damn forum is full of too many pedos.

SantaC

Dreavus said:
I'm a little underwhelmed by this update; they could have at least given us two pokemon! But then again, now all updates are like dying embers compared to that one, glorious, Wi-Fi reveal. :lol

the game has still like 10 weeks of updates, there is so much to cover.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
SuperAngelo64 said:
Uh.. you weren't around during the NES era, were ya?

Megaman has a way higher chance than Pacman. Megaman baiscally WAS NES

I was merely trying to point out, good sir, that Pac-Man has appeared in Nintendo branded titles along with first party Nintendo characters, AND has had a title made by a NCL team. This would make me think that NCL staff would be more likely to include him than other third party characters, assuming a Namco character appears.

Megaman is a rather likely possible character, I will admit. I merely think that Pac-Man is a tad more likely.

(Oh, and yes, I was around during the NES era, you whippersnapper.)

mclem

CTLance said:
Am I the only one reminded of the Bubble Bobble water-filled bubble? The Bubble Bobble bubble had nearly the same effect, only in Brawl you lose a life, whereas in Bubble Bobble you just fell in from the top again.

You're not, the water bubble's what instantly sprang to mind for me, too.

Actually, Bub/Bob could work nicely for Brawl, on that note, with a down-B to change from dino to human and back. Not remotely likely, but I could see it working in gameplay terms...

Man, I gotta start commenting in this thread. That's why I check it every day.

WiFi is very cool, and I like that there is no record keeping, really. I'm afraid I'll suck. That, and I need to fix my wireless, it flickers in and out. I need a new router.

And this character looks interesting, but he'll probably vanish once he hits a wall.

AlternativeUlster

DefectiveReject said:
It'd be HILARIOUS if he was added as an item!!

When you get the Pedobear, everyone except for Yoshi turns into Yoshi's Island form and then the Pedobear goes around and kidnaps everyone but only if Yoshi is playing can he be stopped.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
oh sakurai, bringing us down to earth, slowing the fun for the weekend.. it's been a real good ratio of hit to miss recently (ie no franklin badge or BARRELL)(i've just jinxed it havent i?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom