• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkpen

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
It'd be sweet if Snake could wear his NES outfit (but with his current face design) as an alternate costume.
I just hope they all have alternate constumes, and not just color palette swaps.

SantaC

Well it's been a sweet week for smash bros fans for sure. Maybe Sakurai uped the updates because it was TGS week.

This game is my GotY and also next GotY by default.

Darkpen

Banned
SantaC said:
Well it's been a sweet week for smash bros fans for sure. Maybe Sakurai uped the updates because it was TGS week.

After seeing what Mass Effect has to offer (and with Halo 3 coming in a few days), Smash was going to be my game of the year, but man, the competition's been pretty damn promising.

What's disappointing, however, is that Smash isn't in Mangod's top 3, or for that matter, the entire crew of 1up yours D:

so sad :(

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
psycho_snake said:
The MGS4 theme is pretty decent, but I like most of the others more than I like this. I would have loved to see the proper MGS theme.
Did you miss the My Music update? There'll be more than one MGS track in, no doubt.

SantaC

so what is gamefaqs going batshit insane over? They're saying no more 3rd party characters because the world capped at 18 or something? Am I missing something.

Darkpen

Banned
SantaC said:
so what is gamefaqs going batshit insane over? They're saying no more 3rd party characters because the world capped at 18 or something? Am I missing something.
go a few pages back. For all we know, there'll be a 19 and 20. Nothing says that 18's cap; 18 only indicates the highest number in franchise icon we've seen so far.

SantaC

Darkpen said:
go a few pages back. For all we know, there'll be a 19 and 20. Nothing says that 18's cap; 18 only indicates the highest number in franchise icon we've seen so far.

okay so they're making a fuss out of nothing? lol

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
SantaC said:

Just do yourself a favour and call it GotF
orever

Alternate costumes is pretty much the only thing I really want in Brawl that hasn't been revealed yet(realistically thinking of course). I would flip out if it made it in. Course I have a few characters I would love to make it in, but I'm a realist and don't really expect anything.

Can't wait for Ganondorf to be revealed, he is probably my most anticipated character. His new models are both freaking badass and I can't wait to see what Sakurai and Co. have done with his moveset.

I got my character update and boy was it sweet. Alt costumes would be awesome, and as most Nintendo character have multiple costumes, it wouldn't be that hard to pull off.

The only character I'm still actively hoping for is Krystal-- fighting with the staff would be awesome. Other than that, everything is is just so nice.

Haunted

LegendofJoe said:
Can't wait for Ganondorf to be revealed, he is probably my most anticipated character. His new models are both freaking badass and I can't wait to see what Sakurai and Co. have done with his moveset.

+ he's my favourite character to play with from Melee.

Darkpen

Banned
crowphoenix said:
I got my character update and boy was it sweet. Alt costumes would be awesome, and as most Nintendo character have multiple costumes, it wouldn't be that hard to pull off.

The only character I'm still actively hoping for is Krystal-- fighting with the staff would be awesome. Other than that, everything is is just so nice.
You were waiting for Hamlet? D:

He's my favorite enemy to fight against in Melee. If you haven't played in awhile, just put him in, set him to nine, and after an hour of getting owned, you are golden again.

Darkpen said:
You were waiting for Hamlet? D:

Of course. I started sobbing tears of sweet, sweet joy when I saw him.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
LegendofJoe said:
Alternate costumes is pretty much the only thing I really want in Brawl that hasn't been revealed yet(realistically thinking of course). I would flip out if it made it in. Course I have a few characters I would love to make it in, but I'm a realist and don't really expect anything.
I'm not expecting it either, but since most of the characters have various outfits, it would be a great feature to have in the game.

CTLance

:O
Holy shit, what a
triple-
update!
4cmvegx.jpg

[Obligatory passing mention of Snakes tight ass]
[Obligatory wow at triple update]
I can't say anything that hasn't been said before. So awesome. :D

I'd be intrigued to know how they show Snakes doublejump. I mean, ZS Samus gains a little shield thingy that she jumps off in midair in the old trailers. What will Snake do to gain more altitude once he's in the air? Throw a grenade below him and ride the shockwave (too flashy)? I really can't imagine and I'm looking forward to Sakurais solution. :D

SantaC said:
honest, I haven't been as excited for a game like this since Zelda ocarina of time. True story!

The last time I was this excited for a game was Super Mario Bros. 3

Actually there is one thing I want more than alternate costumes. But it's a silly, personal, minor thing.

We haven't heard all of the Kid Icarus Medley, my only hope is that the medley has this one part of the title screen in it. I don't know any other way to describe it other than "That one cool part".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ85S4uay6o

The part from 0:39 to :50

jts

...hate me...
Will the DOJO be updated until the last Friday before December 3rd?

If so, there are 50 updates to go, some of them probably double or triple! And i don't believe that from now on it's all going to be shitty items and stages etc. I believe in atleast 10 GREAT more updates :D

Some megatons are definitelly being saved for the very final updates. And to think that this game already is everything i ever wanted :D

Darkpen

Banned
mio said:
Will the DOJO be updated until the last Friday before December 3rd?

If so, there are 50 updates to go, some of them probably double or triple! And i don't believe that from now on it's all going to be shitty items and stages etc. I believe in atleast 10 GREAT more updates :D

Some megatons are definitelly being saved for the very final updates. And to think that this game already is everything i ever wanted :D
I imagine that the website will still be updating well past the release date, which I recall being the case with Melee on the Japanese site.

(anyone remember that giant wallpaper that was getting regularly updated/changed with new characters and shit?)

MrCheez said:
Here is a friendly public service announcement for everyone who is anticipating a Snake character update on the site:

DON'T. I mean, it is entirely POSSIBLE that he will get revealed (as Sakurai can do whatever he wants in the end), but there is some big evidence that says it WON'T happen (until after the game's release)

Sakurai has said Snake will be an unlockable, and he has also hinted that the Dojo will not be showing any unlockable content until after the game's release. (This is also consistent with the way the old Melee site was updated back when that game came out).

Anyway, just making yet another note of this because people seem to constantly get their hopes up for his update. :p

Edit: I think it's likely we'll still see him in future trailers on the site (because of what a big deal he is marketing wise)... I just don't think any unlockable content will have entries/their own pages until after the game comes out.
oh what did I accidentally hit quote on this post oh no what an accident

Mario & Snake love. <3 :D

I am pretty annoyed that they haven't announced the PAL release date yet, though. What gives, Nintendo? :(

And since Brawl is my most anticipated game at the moment ( it has GOTForever written all over it, especially now that Wi-Fi has been confirmed ), I seriously hope that Nintendo hasn't decided to post-pone the PAL launch by, say, three months...

Crushed

Fry Daddy
You guys know what time it is?

'Cuz I think you guys know what time it is. You might pretend like you don't, but you know you do.

And you know that you want it.

It's time for an Ass Battle.

snake_070921j2-l.jpg
basic04_070705d-l.jpg
zelda_070625a-l.jpg
peach_070817c-l.jpg
pit_070528d-l.jpg
link_070618a-l.jpg
item05_070711b-l.jpg
wario_070629d-l.jpg

diddykong_070822d-l.jpg
yoshi_070823a-l.jpg
item04_070627d-l.jpg

super-smash-bros-brawl-20061127022914090.jpg

"Feels like I'm wearing nothin' at all!

Nothin' at all!

NOTHIN' AT ALL!"

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Snake is snuffing Mario in that picture!

Man that is going to be so hilarious. Can't wait to see the pictures of him doing that to ZS:Samus or Zelda or Peach...or Captain Falcon...

RubxQub said:
Snake is snuffing Mario in that picture!

Man that is going to be so hilarious. Can't wait to see the pictures of him doing that to ZS:Samus or Zelda or Peach...or Captain Falcon...

Expect lots of Chris Hansen YTMND when he does it to Ness/Lucas.

Darkpen

Banned
<ass battle>
I'd have to give my props to Samus D:

dannie said:
LOL Where is that from, the Famitsu website, or has another website updated on the MGS event? That is one awkward picture of Mario. Makes me think of when Kojima said he played a bit of the game as Snake, and that he couldn't fight Sakurai's Mario out of respect for Miyamoto.

It also makes Mario look like a big teddy bear.

Also, why does it look like Snake's arm is clipping straight through Mario's arm D:

ShockingAlberto said:
oh what did I accidentally hit quote on this post oh no what an accident
lol, yeah, I saw that too. Pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom