• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Rasec

Got my self some goodies *__*

Got myself an hoverbar to attach my ipad to the imac and some a-jays headphones.
swcm.jpg

My new Leatherman Wave and some bit kits and a jot flip pen for my tablet.
67en.jpg

16gm ram memory for my imac and a stand for the phone
( sorry for the inverted pic. xD )
16rf.jpg

A stand for my phone and a glass screen protector and a new home button.
tr0h.jpg

Got this on the recommendation of Brad Shoemaker. Hopefully it's as awesome as it's been made out to be. Already have all the AA batteries fully charged.

I worked on episodes 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 17 of this show, mostly as a rebel, once as Monroe Militia. Got the Blu-ray so I can take some high-quality screens of myself (I think you can only see me in episode 5, though. Getting my face shaved in the middle of the street!).

Rayman Legends and VAIO Pro 13

iJ7ik9ZsBempH.jpg

Of course as soon as I get home I notice that Rayman Legends is $20 cheaper on Steam. FUCK! Oh well, at least I prefer the PS3 pad for platformers.

For future reference, you can plug your pad into your computer and use MotionInJoy to use the pad. :)

Alpha_eX

Full set of official Nintendo promotional Pikmin hats! Wasn't easy to get, but if you're nice then people are happy to help :)

1235308_10151827973286413_1353572580_n.jpg

Alpha_eX

Got this poster signed by Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario. Really nice guy who seems to enjoy meeting his fans.

27934_10151830530671413_1717229639_n.jpg

Need to get a frame for it, love the art.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Out with the old, in with the new!

izw3NU5APZaB5.png

Exact same phone I have, exact same phone I'm contemplating upgrading to. How are you liking the improvements compared to the Nexus S?

My random pickups...

For this, I blame the Sherlock Fandom for introducing me to these... The long box is a 10-tin sampler set & all teas are loose leaf:

And... a pair of shoes that I decided that I was resigned to paying a reseller for. But I've wanted them so now I have them:

(Nike Kobe 8 System Mambacurials)

Zajora

Exact same phone I have, exact same phone I'm contemplating upgrading to. How are you liking the improvements compared to the Nexus S?

It's surprisingly bigger.. and sharper, for that matter. Maybe not quite as comfortable to hold, but the other improvements make up for it. It's so much faster, the improvements in 4.3 are noticeable, and the screen seems to be better (and of course the camera). The biggest difference for me is battery life. For some reason my Nexus S had pretty awful battery life at the end, with a max of about 8 hours stand by time. Not sure what the N4's will be, but it dropped about 5% in maybe 6 hours, so obviously waaay better,

Gameboy415

Got some cool stuff over the weekend:

1309-Games1_zpsf2e3dccd.jpg

-I happily found the last batch of "3 for $10" games I was looking for at Gamestop, got DMC4 as part of the B2G1 sale (with some of the games in the next pic), and the Final Fantasy PSP games were 20% off at Half-Price Books.

1309-Games2_zps8f6c83e2.jpg

-Doctor Lautrac & Cursed Mountain are from the B2G1 @ Gamestop, MJ Experience is from Half-Price Books, and Furu Furu Park was super cheap and looked interesting so I picked it up at Gamestop as well.

1309-SEGA_zpsec2184ee.jpg

-I randomly found this on the clearance rack at Half-Price Books - plus it was 20% off so I only paid $2.40 for the pair! :D

1309-Movies1_zpsfc031dc7.jpg

-I found The Box for a few bucks at Half-Price Books, got Howl's & Totoro at Target, and my pre-ordered copies of Idle Hands and From Up On Poppy Hill just arrived yesterday.

Some of my recent pick-ups:

The signed God of War:Ascension art book.
This is a massive and truly impressive book. For sure, it's highly recommended to anyone that loves videogame artbooks. This book here puts most other artbooks to shame.

DSC04296444.jpg

DSC043171.jpg

DSC043153.jpg

DSC04325000.jpg

DSC043222222.jpg

DSC0431911.jpg

DSC04324222.jpg

DSC043202222.jpg

Christ, I had no idea this was a thing. The GoW III art book was incredible. Any idea if this is available in the UK in any capacity?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's surprisingly bigger.. and sharper, for that matter. Maybe not quite as comfortable to hold, but the other improvements make up for it. It's so much faster, the improvements in 4.3 are noticeable, and the screen seems to be better (and of course the camera). The biggest difference for me is battery life. For some reason my Nexus S had pretty awful battery life at the end, with a max of about 8 hours stand by time. Not sure what the N4's will be, but it dropped about 5% in maybe 6 hours, so obviously waaay better,

That's great to hear. The performance speed and battery life is the biggest issue I have with my phone right now, after 2+ years of use the battery really doesn't hold a charge for long. Thanks for replying!

Jamie OD

PAX pick ups! Plus a few other things.

1733E5BE-B893-4618-A9B4-69D531733BDF-119-00000001C9100516_zps0bb63a08.jpg

C7C4E776-4024-4263-9672-906DD43BC859-119-00000001E823E2A9_zps59e9b6eb.jpg

There is a Seahawks away jersey too but I wore it home and it's now in the wash.

masterkajo

First time playing the series.

PjMUqGS.jpg

I am EXCITE!

Mass Effect 1! That story, these characters, that universe. One of the best games of this generation, IMO.
Mass Effect 2 was an improvement in some parts (mostly gameplay related) but on the other hand got rid of some core mechanics and introduced some bad mechanics itself. That intense last 2 hours of the game though was one of the best 2 hours of video gaming for me.
Mass Effect 3 did improve the combat a bit from ME2, though story and lore-wise I was disappointed as a big Mass Effect fan (that read all books and comics and in-game lore) and was outright insulted with that ending. I know there is a lot of controversy about ME3 and mostly about the ending. The problem I had was that the whole Mass Effect universe for me was way above average (story and lore-wise) that I had experienced to date and to have an ending that is mediocre (for a video game) at best just ruined it for me.

Anyway, still a great series and I would love to experience everything fresh again. Wish you great fun playing it!

Comic goodness: Saga TPB Vol. 2, Atomic Robo TPB Vol. 1, Daredevil TPB Vol. 2, The Wake #3.

Virtual Console goodness: Earthbound (Wii U) + Mega Man III (3DS).

Not yet pictured: New boardshort and flip flops for the upcoming surf vacation to France. Also got a new used car: Peugeot 206 SW.

D-e-f-

Banned
I could get you some tomorrow when it's light again but it's literally just a black DVD box, no sleeve or anything.

That'd be cool, thanks. Alternatively, a back-of-the-box scan would be amazing as well. Another gaffer and I are collecting barcodes and product codes for a database and I'm also contributing this stuff to the giantbomb wiki regularly.

Would be much appreciated. No rush though. :)

ArchAngel

Where did you import (?) the AKB48 CDs from? Expensive?

Well, yeah at first. I always use CDJapan because of the preorder extras and the very good packaging. And I can buy stuff with my own affiliate-link, so I get some money back (+ extra money if I buy items woth of xxx$). AKB stuff if expensive, so I get a promotion almost on every order ^^

YesAsia is ok, but I don't use them that often.

BOTEC

Where and how much?

I got mine direct from amazon.co.jp. The set is 3,500 yen, and they charge an extra 2,000 for international shipping. A little on the high side, but it got to me in less then 48 hours. Also, I had no idea the sleeve is a first-print extra. Kind of underwhelming since it's not a new piece of art, just a photoshop job. It is a very nice, high quality paper/cardboard though. Very sturdy. The quality of the remaster is very high too. Every track sounds amazing and there is a lot of audio detail brought out. Totally worth it.

Sylver

Banned
raxOinR.png

Some little stuff this month, with Miku, Mickey, One Piece and Killzone (all last three pre-ordered the last month)... I think is a great month to be a gamer.

Top Bottom