• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Sethos

Banned
New Controller

1ilu8b.png

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus

275uvt.png

Cheap new 360, just to have one of the couch setup as well.

35furq.png

External HDD, old one is getting full.

478usa.png

Bii

I really like Prima's new "pocket-sized" guides for the 3DS games. A few months back, I had ordered a Mario Kart 7 strategy guide on eBay not knowing there were two strategy guide sizes (the picture they had up was just a stock photo). So when the guide finally came in and it wasn't a normal sized guide, I was surprised but amazed at the same time. I still need to get both of those guides (Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf). I just got the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team guide and it's quite hefty. I can only imagine how jam-packed the Pokemon X/Y guide will be once that's out.

9657752450_f8af5a2960_o.jpg

Pokemon Rumble U.
Pokemon NFC - Black Kyurem. GameStop Pre-Order Bonus.
2x Pokemon Rumble U Box of 18 NFC Figures.
Of the regular 18 figures, I'm only missing Shaymin (really?!). I've initiated a trade over on another forum that will net me that missing piece as well as a White Kyurem. After that's done, the only ones I'm missing is Shiny Pikachu and Shiny Genesect; though, I probably won't drop the amount those ones are going for on eBay. The game is simple and fun. Great game to play if you don't want a thinking-man's game. I'll probably try to collect all 649 Pokemon in the game if I don't tire before then.

New Controller

http://abload.de/img/1ilu8b.png[IMG]

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Plus

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/275uvt.png[IMG]

Cheap new 360, just to have one of the couch setup as well.

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/35furq.png[IMG]

External HDD, old one is getting full.

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/478usa.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
WHOW! Nice pickups, man! Looking forward to your streaming/vids (hope you still have that Titan ;) ).

plc268

jbbS5wnK06NJE7.JPG

I chose to give myself a birthday gift. A Sega CDX. It was not cheap, go ahead and check the eBay prices. But it IS awesome. I've always wanted this thing for some reason, and now that I have it, I gotta say, it's pretty terrific. Also, very small. Which is a good thing. Genesis was actually my first video game console, but now I'm really going to start collecting some of the classics I missed.

Oh hi, fellow Sega CDX owner. Yea, I recently bought one a few months back for about $170 or so, and for a genesis, yea they're pretty expensive. I got mine for practical reasons... space. Every other Sega CD solution is bulky and my setup simply doesn't have the space for it. The CDX though? Plenty of room.

I see people swoon over stuff like the JVC X'eye, which is the same concept (combining genesis and sega cd in one console) but larger than the CDX.

Fun fact, you can pop some batteries in the CDX and use it as a portable CD player. Hah. Won't last long though.

Congrats! The CDX is my favorite Genesis- it's so tiny! Did it come with an original power supply too? Those in themselves can be pricey if you ever need to replace them, though recently a good third-party one came out. Don't use a Model 2 or PS2 supply, they'll damage it over time.

Also, pray it never ever breaks, as it's a pain to open and work with. Other than that, enjoy an awesome piece of engineering :D!

If you ever need a good quality psu, get one here:
http://www.retrogamecave.com/sega-ac_adapter.html

tav7623

These are my late August/early Sept game pick ups

Aug: Rayman Origins, GB Animaniacs, & GB Ducktales
Sept: ATV Off Road Fury 2, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, & Dead Island

Khalid-S

Photo%202729.jpeg

Espro Press and Greek yogurt maker are backed Kickstart projects.
Killer is Dead
Epson LabelWorks for home inv management.

1208535_10101874043443774_2080730008_n.jpg

Pandemic In the Lab Expansion.

1236911_10101877582376724_2066939572_n.jpg

Series 2 Spyro, Wrecking Ball, Drobot.

1280484_10101877608175024_1744826842_n.jpg

The Art of Shunya Yamashita Fine Art Bust Collection KARIN

1239558_10101877608808754_572394282_n.jpg

THE COLLECTION IS COMPLETE!! :D

Hayabusi

Some stuff from my stay in Japan.

IMG_3911.JPG

For the sister of the girlfriend:
IMG_3912.JPG

And a nice gift from a friend who realized that he is "Not a Gamer" :)
IMG_3913.JPG

StayDead

So with the arrival of the Wonderful 101 and Conception 2 today I thought I'd get a picture of my past 2 months worth of purchases.

9664622292_4336d372c7_z.jpg

Far too many games and not enough time to play them, but so is the life of the importer. Don't get it on release and miss out :p I haven't even started M&L or Etrian Oddesy yet and I got those a month ago haha

D-e-f-

Banned
So with the arrival of the Wonderful 101 and Conception 2 today I thought I'd get a picture of my past 2 months worth of purchases.

9664622292_4336d372c7_z.jpg

Far too many games and not enough time to play them, but so is the life of the importer. Don't get it on release and miss out :p I haven't even started M&L or Etrian Oddesy yet and I got those a month ago haha

Would you mind taking more pics of the Yakuza HD box/packaging? Looks interesting. Carboard sleeve?

--

just got this in the mail:

nslu1aes10.jpg

bonus pic:
nslu2n9sqc.jpg

curious cat is curious.

pro-tip: never order form WOWHD if you want to have your stuff soon. I pre-ordered NSLU. It shipped the day after release (July 27). It arrived today. Hong Kong baby. High speed shipping. Customs loves to hold onto stuff from HK.

dubq

September's gonna be a Suda 51 month!

1209020_207890699372898_1200460209_n.jpg

Also bought a bigger TV stand - gotta make room for dat PS4! (will post a better photo later)

1229990_207890379372930_1102376220_n.jpg

lem0n

My very first Pick-up thread post... <3

It's been a good month so far! A couple of these are from later in August, figured it was close enough! Oh, and I need a new camera. All of these were taken with my Galaxy S lol.

Some good games! I've never even heard of this edition of Oblivion, and I'm a bit of a Bethesda fanboy. Dat steelbook

b699d3c9-f82f-4369-80cd-ce77453c4aba_zpscab7cfda.jpg

I finally paid off my GTA the week before I picked up SR4...

2013-09-03103618_zps87d9c758.jpg

Then, on the way home from GameStop, it's customary for the lady and I to stop at Goodwill, to check for interesting stuff for the game room. I overheard a guy say something like "oh, I think it's a little Nintendo, or something" I rushed over, and he put this down on the shelf. Marked at $3.99...

122e0ef4-85f8-4a01-a993-9a67a730b82d_zpsfa12ac2f.jpg

I got these last week at the mall, my old Vans had finally fallen apart on me.

2013-09-03104555_zps1c243e9b.jpg

And got my lamps I've been wanting from my latest Ikea run two days ago.

a7f4578e-49ff-4e08-a4ce-16383cc6ff3e_zps968f6cdf.jpg

:)

Gamble

WHERE THE HELL DOES EVERYONE LIVE TO FIND THESE GREAT PICKUPS AT GOODWILL AND THRIFT STORES!?!?!? I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!

but seriously sweet find....lucky bastard

Then, on the way home from GameStop, it's customary for the lady and I to stop at Goodwill, to check for interesting stuff for the game room. I overheard a guy say something like "oh, I think it's a little Nintendo, or something" I rushed over, and he put this down on the shelf. Marked at $3.99...

lem0n

WHERE THE HELL DOES EVERYONE LIVE TO FIND THESE GREAT PICKUPS AT GOODWILL AND THRIFT STORES!?!?!? I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!

but seriously sweet find....lucky bastard

In the suburbs of Phoenix, AZ! It's in a nice part of town.

And to be fair, this is by far the best find, and I've been going there for about 2 years.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Gameboy Micro for $4? Fucking nice, man.

alext5

Neo Member
Lego - after seventeen years - has once again found a way to make me poor.

*hides wallet and cancels credit card

Don't enter a lego store then, I wanted to buy the big Sydney Opera House (315$ iirc), it's completely insane. Decided to be reasonable and pick the small one. Still ended up costing me 120$ for the two sets.

KtHi6qY.jpg

Macbook Air 13" Mid 2013

1.7GHz Intel Dual-Core Core i7
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage
Nice. Too bad I needed a laptop for school last year, I wish I could've bought the 2013 model. The battery of mine is still in great condition, but 12 hours on the new one, wow. Must be awesome.

Ahmed360

Maaan, 0.o I'm so jealous now! Congrats, what a great find :)

SoulClap

Rayman Legends and VAIO Pro 13

iJ7ik9ZsBempH.jpg

Of course as soon as I get home I notice that Rayman Legends is $20 cheaper on Steam. FUCK! Oh well, at least I prefer the PS3 pad for platformers.

Off to a good start in September!

K-On! Blu-Rays. Disc 2 is still on its way:
ttCcFU6.jpg

K-On! K-On! Houkago Live!! HD Version (PS3). Used copy, but in Japan 'used' means 'better than shop new'. Still has the original bonus stickers:
7mRExKu.jpg

Mother 3 GBA (English Translation):
tnHUZKS.jpg

aq4IiAy.jpg

WPgjivt.jpg

Cowboy Bebop 4xCD soundtrack set. Now firmly one of my favourite anime ever, with a killer soundtrack:
5wgwjph.jpg

En5Lrtt.jpg

X9bYkCN.jpg

Project X-Zone 3DS. A friend is enjoying it so much, I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about:
jahn3fG.jpg

Project Diva F DLC - FamilyMart costume. This just came up for general sale after being a preorder-only exclusive:
AXN9TnM.png

DON'T MESS WITH FAMILYMART.
KsoryY1.png

Top Bottom