• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

Working!! 189

I need to know if Yamada is still going to be working at the restaurant or if she'll just visit sometimes. I will be so dissapointed if she isn't part of the main cast anymore.

Dresden

yamada-kun -

I used to be all about Shiraishi, but I think I'm on the Odagiri train now. A train bound for loserville, but that's fine; at least she's not a bore.

wonzo

Banned
Sukumi's! 13-16
sukumis16.png
the boys in this are like the boys in love lab, but bad

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yamada is a harem, correct? Is it like any other typical Harem where it's clear who is gonna win and the rest of the other girls are just like red-herring sidequests that are not important to the end-game?

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 228

The aftermath of the story telling flashback and the big revelation this chapter is that
Akashi still has a hidden power to be unlocked. He already has the emperor's eye so who knows what his 2nd power will be.

I wonder if they plan to do the Shutoku vs Kaijo match. I don't think Kise will play in that match though.

Kuroko no Basket 228

The aftermath of the story telling flashback and the big revelation this chapter is that
Akashi still has a hidden power to be unlocked. He already has the emperor's eye so who knows what his 2nd power will be.

I wonder if they plan to do the Shutoku vs Kaijo match. I don't think Kise will play in that match though.

Lol what a joke. At least the flashback is over, i hope.

Yamada is a harem, correct? Is it like any other typical Harem where it's clear who is gonna win and the rest of the other girls are just like red-herring sidequests that are not important to the end-game?

Somewhat, but the "clear winner" is really the only typical thing about it. Really, it's more of a kissing party manga like Negima, but even moreso because that's what the whole plot revolves around.

Pokemon Adventures Vol. 19

tGY3KCV.jpg

Woo another volume! It's pretty nice to see Ruby finally take part in the contests he's been going on about for some time.

And reading this really makes me remember how bland the gym leaders are for this region. Definitely a fun volume and already can't wait for the next one!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
UQ holder 2

There's something really fucking unnatural about the way interactions happen. I guess it's the setup stage, and it's not like shounen is the bastion of realistically portrayed human interaction.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I never really enjoyed Magic as a card game, the whole idea of tapping land cards to get spells/monsters on the field just didn't click with me. I always liked YGO better because 90% of the cards in your deck you could play the moment you drew them. YGO is also a faster game then Magic which made it a perfect on the go game.

Actually, in my experience most games played with user-constructed Magic decks are a lot faster than whatever preconstructed decks you buy at the store. It seems like pretty much anything that requires a lot of land/mana to cast is usually a trap.

You will know who wins if you read the first chapter.

For what behavior, exactly? You're the only one who ever freaks out over my opinions. I don't go out of my way to insult everyone who has a different opinion to mine (unless it's Beam, cause all he does is post stuff to be a blight on an otherwise decent board). I've had sound and logical explanations for my opinions, which is all I'd require from anyone else on this board; otherwise, if you don't, you're just telling people that you like something. "Oh I like Bleach." "Really? Me too!" that's not a discussion, that's a confirmation that you have an opinion which imo goes on way too much here because people are afraid to voice their opinion without someone like Beam to get mad about it.

FYI saying "people shouldn't be offended by my opinion" doesn't work when you consistently use words like "mentally challenged" to describe people who like things you don't like.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, but it's readable.

Somewhat, but the "clear winner" is really the only typical thing about it. Really, it's more of a kissing party manga like Negima, but even moreso because that's what the whole plot revolves around.

It doesn't really pretend the other girls are even contenders.

You will know who wins if you read the first chapter.

I see. The art, from what I can see, is kind of nice.

I think I've asked this sometime before but the only manga of this kind that bucks this trend is probably Ichigo 100%, huh. That I can remember anyways.

For what behavior, exactly? You're the only one who ever freaks out over my opinions. I don't go out of my way to insult everyone who has a different opinion to mine (unless it's Beam, cause all he does is post stuff to be a blight on an otherwise decent board). I've had sound and logical explanations for my opinions, which is all I'd require from anyone else on this board; otherwise, if you don't, you're just telling people that you like something. "Oh I like Bleach." "Really? Me too!" that's not a discussion, that's a confirmation that you have an opinion which imo goes on way too much here because people are afraid to voice their opinion without someone like Beam to get mad about it.

You of all people should now best that the bolded above is not true, especially with Angry Grimace, hahahaha.

Antiwhippy

The only manga of any genre that did buck that trend recently is nurarihyon.

It's not confirmed or anything, but the right girl definitely won in the end.

Big One

Banned
FYI saying "people shouldn't be offended by my opinion" doesn't work when you consistently use words like "mentally challenged" to describe people who like things you don't like.
That's only for Naruto and Bleach fans, they don't really count.

You of all people should now best that the bolded above is not true, especially with Angry Grimace, hahahaha.
Angry Grimace is a heckler at best.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I want more Tsurara ;_____;

I also like that how the author did not use ridiculous fan-service, or even a fan-service at all, for Tsurara, as a lead girl.

God I miss Nurarihyon, but it's not really harem, isn't it. Although the "clear winner" syndrome is not something limited to just harem, I suppose.

That's only for Naruto and Bleach fans, they don't really count.

I have made no secret in this thread that I am a Naruto fan, so I guess I am mentally challenged then.

Ah well.

Dynedom

yamada-kun -

I used to be all about Shiraishi, but I think I'm on the Odagiri train now. A train bound for loserville, but that's fine; at least she's not a bore.

Welcome to the suffering of the Nisekoi Marika club

Shingeki no Kyojin - 49

Dat cliffhanger. God dammit!

Also: Armin's descent into ruthless general confirmed?

upandaway

Nura's pretty great because it's one of the few manga that got saved by the author listening to what his readers want. Like, over and over again. Looking at the manga's progression it's pretty obvious Tsurara only won because she's so popular.

Big One

Banned
I have made no secret in this thread that I am a Naruto fan, so I guess I am mentally challenged then.

Ah well.
Well I can't say it's definitive, but that is the first thought in my head when I encounter a Naruto fan. It's just a standard connection that I assume before anything else.

I see. The art, from what I can see, is kind of nice.

I think I've asked this sometime before but the only manga of this kind that bucks this trend is probably Ichigo 100%, huh. That I can remember anyways.

Yamada kinda bypasses a lot of the bullshit manufactured drama that comes with the harem genre. I recommend it, it's definitely better than Ichigo 100%.

Antiwhippy

Nura's pretty great because it's one of the few manga that got saved by the author listening to what his readers want. Like, over and over again. Looking at the manga's progression it's pretty obvious Tsurara only won because she's so popular.

I usually don't like that, because of authorial intent and all that, but I suppose in this he made the right choice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I think it's pretty well known amongst the Nurarihyon fandom that Tsurara is his favorite character, so she won not because she's popular... well alright, that may play a part too, but more of a him playing favorites with her, hahaha.

Yamada kinda bypasses a lot of the bullshit manufactured drama that comes with the harem genre. I recommend it, it's definitely better than Ichigo 100%.

Thank you! Why not, I want to read something light-hearted anyways.

Well I can't say it's definitive, but that is the first thought in my head when I encounter a Naruto fan. It's just a standard connection that I assume before anything else.

Trying to have an honest discussion with someone with "mentally challenged" already lodged in firmly in your head before the discussion even begin makes it hard for you to actually have a well-thought, unbiased perspective on the matter, don't you think? But it's your prerogative, I guess.

Big One

Banned
Trying to have an honest discussion with someone with "mentally challenged" already lodged in firmly in your head before the discussion even begin makes it hard for you to actually have a well-thought, unbiased perspective on the matter, don't you think? But it's your prerogative, I guess.
Just as biased as someone assuming the sky is blue when you're talking about clouds at 8 AM in the morning

upandaway

Attack on Titan

Armin and Jean bossed the hell outta that. Good stuff.

So does that mean Erwin's gonna stop going out on missions (if he even stays alive)? This is a pretty big deal.

I think it's pretty well known amongst the Nurarihyon fandom that Tsurara is his favorite character, so she won not because she's popular... well alright, that may play a part too, but more of a him playing favorites with her, hahaha
He's a biased guy, definitely. But I noticed a very sharp change in direction with Tsurara closely following the first popularity poll, and it only got bigger with the second one! By the third, it was a done deal.

wonzo

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan 0-22
By day she's an incredibly well respected honors student but the moment she steps through the front door of her older brothers apartment, she turns into one of the worlds laziest slob. This is worth reading for the art gags alone as they're brilliant.

IHaveIce

Banned
Big One is an ass and is so predictablr, as is Angry Grimace who can't go out of his way of responding to big One and saying how wrong he is.

Both are annoying if they have a conversation with each other, mostly because AG always responds.

Yamada is good, translation is too slow nowadays

Aunt tits should hurry up aswell.

Prison School needs to go full H.

Yugioh battlecity was good everything after was weird, duelist kingdom was shit

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Himouto! Umaru-chan 0-22

By day she's an incredibly well respected honors student but the moment she steps through the front door of her older brothers apartment, she turns into one of the worlds laziest slob. This is worth reading for the art gags alone as they're brilliant.

Maybe it's because you often post cute things, hahaha, but lots of stuff you post interest me, wonzo.

Keep up the good work!

Akito

Attack on Titan

Armin and Jean bossed the hell outta that. Good stuff.

So does that mean Erwin's gonna stop going out on missions (if he even stays alive)? This is a pretty big deal.
No worries, his role will get covered by Armin in no time.

Shingeki no Kyojin 49
That was crazy, Erwin is one crazy mofo, even more so than we thought. Now that Mikasa is injured, we have to count on Eren now good lord.

Akito

Nisekoi 89
I-is that an attempt to move the story forward?
lol who am I even kidding

Silver Spoon 84
Fuji-sensei is like the SS version of Olivier Armstrong, I also would follow her anywhere. Okawa-senpai is fucked :lol

wonzo

Banned
Hirameki Hatsume-chan 1-13
This 4koma follows the unusual life of a grade school girl genius named Hatsume and her invention: a box robot called "Hako".
The nice and simple art style really helps sell just how quirky this is. The use of puns can be a tad bit grating but it doesn't really stop this from feeling any less fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom