• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Ippo

Oh Yes it's so satisfying to see Itagaki lose, his even more of a bull shit fighter then ippo.

Ippo really needs lose some more, his long long bs wining streak has robbed a lot of the tension out of his fights before they even happen.

Which is why the side character fights such as akoi, kimura,sendo,vorg are hundred times more interesting, tense,exciting and better.

UQ Holder 4
Konoe is, well, most certainty not the same generic 'lets get powered up and win!' style shonen lead. Hes got skills, yeah, but is hella reckless, and doesn't seem to actually like fighting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder 4
Konoe is, well, most certainty not the same generic 'lets get powered up and win!' style shonen lead. Hes got skills, yeah, but is hella reckless, and doesn't seem to actually like fighting.

No offense, but they don't come more generic than Touta.

No offense, but they don't come more generic than Touta.

Really? Most I remember are the 'lets train and get stronger to defeat/find/etc!'

He doesn't seem like he cares. His goal is to be a backup singer in space, not to save the world.

Unless you can name another immortal friend making space backup singer who isn't focused on fighting, i'd say hes not generic at all.

bigkrev

One Piece vol 30

Yawn. Is this arc ending soon? If it's any longer, im skipping ahead to the next arc and just reading wikipedia.

One Piece vol 30

Yawn. Is this arc ending soon? If it's any longer, im skipping ahead to the next arc and just reading wikipedia.

Is that skypiea?

if so I say to stick with it since it has an interesting payoff, but yea that arc went on way too fucking long.

And we are back to Skypiea discussion :trollface

MCD

The Breaker: New Waves 128

Gs3y4Nk.jpg

JJ4Iyy1.png

Edit: wrong pages number.

One Piece vol 30

It ends in two volumes. The next one is largely a flashback.

I don't think it's *that* bad but it's definitely weaker than the other large arcs (Alabasta & Water 7/Enies Lobby)

edit: also tenri is the best girl accept it noobs

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It ends in two volumes. The next one is largely a flashback.

I don't think it's *that* bad but it's definitely weaker than the other large arcs (Alabasta & Water 7/Enies Lobby)

I still enjoy Skypiea, but it's certainly better on a second read. Great fights, that awesome flashback, and it sprinkles in important elements that will be fleshed out later on (Haki, a land of Dwarves). Plus, the gold they get is the catalyst for Water Seven so... yeah.

I still enjoy Skypiea, but it's certainly better on a second read. Great fights, that awesome flashback, and it sprinkles in important elements that will be fleshed out later on (Haki, a land of Dwarves). Plus, the gold they get is the catalyst for Water Seven so... yeah.

I like it a lot myself, actually. It was just that I happened to reread the entire series lately and I found that I wasn't as engrossed in it as I was with the arcs it's sandwiched between. Still has some great art/incredible flashback, though.

Strike The Blood 01-10

UEaZ6Tq.jpg

Another series about vampires and whatever stuff that seems to be popular to be published as light novels.

Though, beyond it's generic premise, it was interesting to read. I mostly started reading it to see if I cared enough of it to watch the anime next season and I guess I will now.

Even though it doesn't do anything new with the premise with vampires, a generic lead, your normal stoic girl lead, etc characters that don't do much, average action, it doesn't do anything terrible with it which makes it decent enough to read. There is some promise I guess with what can be given and the last chapter does end oh boy, time to get real, so who knows.

Aizo

Banned
it took me about two weeks to read though 80 volume of manga. Of I was you, I'd just watch the two anime series and then catch up where the anime stops.

I may do just that. I think most people in ManGAF read series much faster than I do. I don't have much free time at a time, and lately, when I get home, it's quite late, so I fall asleep soon thereafter. It may take me much longer, but I'll probably start reading it or watching again in the coming weeks.

It's worth it, though? I'm amazed that a manga can stay that good for that long, or are there huge arcs that suck interspersed through the 1000+ chapters?

Aunt Tits 93

Holy SHIT.

So she knew about the experiment the whole time!? And basically had pity sex with him!????

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Dear GOD, this level of trolling is brilliant!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aunt Tits 93

Damn man, there isn't a gif for that level of ether. Poor kid just got destroyed. Nobody even liked him in the first place. Shit's cold as ice.

AUNT TITS 93

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA HE JUST GOT FUCKING DESTROYED

OWNED

SO

HARD

Aunt Tits 93

Damn Terumi could you get more fucked? No one likes your ass.

Aunt Tits 93

Holy SHIT.

So she knew about the experiment the whole time!? And basically had pity sex with him!????

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Dear GOD, this level of trolling is brilliant!

Aunt Tits 93

Damn man, there isn't a gif for that level of ether. Poor kid just got destroyed. Nobody even liked him in the first place. Shit's cold as ice.

Aunt Tits 93

... FUCK. godtier manga now.

blame me people since I clapped for him :trollface

Does it apply to the other girls as well, I would laugh so hard if that was true

UQ Holder 4

Never thought I'd see an Akamatsu series where the main character gets decapitated and then immediately reattaches his own head.

This is shaping up to be the guy's best work.

Wiseblade

I may do just that. I think most people in ManGAF read series much faster than I do. I don't have much free time at a time, and lately, when I get home, it's quite late, so I fall asleep soon thereafter. It may take me much longer, but I'll probably start reading it or watching again in the coming weeks.

It's worth it, though? I'm amazed that a manga can stay that good for that long, or are there huge arcs that suck interspersed through the 1000+ chapters?
It's pretty much what I did. Don't forget the movie. But IIRC that only covers around 500 chapters.

Good luck!

neoanarch

Rin by Harold Sakuishi

Ten chapters in and feel like I am reading something very special and very personal. I was worried about another self insert mangaka story would be dull. But Sakuishi creates some very likable characters. I just hope it doesn't fade out like the end of Beck.

haikyuu!! 75

Shes starting to feel like the type of female character in an otome adaptation. Though on the same level of nanami in uta no prince sama maji love 1000%. The villager b moments reminded me of the initial scene in Angel beats manga of ooyama and hinata.

Shirt scene for best scene, suga, hinata, tanaka.

dumbyugi

Himedol!! 3

It was alright. I don't really like the art much, it's a bit rough. All the characters are stock standard harem characters so far, but that doesn't really bother me too much. I imagine this will probably get cancelled so I guess I'll stick with it until the end.

wonzo

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu 1-5
"Negizawa Kamo once tearfully promised his weak childhood friend Kagyu Jubei that he would grow up to be a teacher who would not stand for bullying. Several years later, as a teacher, he meets Kagyu once more under...strange circumstances to say the least. While Negizawa was training to become a great teacher, Kagyu (who, like most women, fell for Negizawa) polished her fists so that she could protect him when they met again. Hilarity ensues as Negizawa strives to become the teacher he once dreamed of being and Kagyu protects his chastity from the numerous women who lust after his sweet behind."
This whole thing is like TTGL if it was a battle seinen romcom manga with Kamina and Simon merged into one incredibly strong (and moe) female lead. I mean it even has SPIRAL POWER!!!

The other thing that reminds me of TTGL is just how hyper-stylized the art in this is to the point where it's incredibly over the top when it needs to be for the added oomph:

Just read all of Magi: Labyrinth of Magic. Haven't read the Sinbad spinoff yet but, is the Magi manga coming to an end or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom