• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is BS man.... Not being ongoing has the benefits of episodes not needing to be drawn out or having any filler.
JoJo Part 1 and Part 2 ended years ago, so those respective stories are already done and over.
...but I'll keep on waiting for the anime adaptation...

I'd love an anime just as much as you would, but I'm trying to be realistic here. It doesn't make much financial sense to revive a random-ass property like Kongou Banchou and give it a 1-2 cour anime series.

Soma

Silver Spoon 85

So glad I already ate before reading this chapter.

iBS33uQu8n8dY.png

Doesn't like mustard. Mikage best waifu confirmed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Silver Spoon

God I want some sausages now. Luckily I bought some (cheap) hot dogs recently.

Also lol at nishikawa's constant trolling of okawa.

Tizoc

I'd love an anime just as much as you would, but I'm trying to be realistic here. It doesn't make much financial sense to revive a random-ass property like Kongou Banchou and give it a 1-2 cour anime series.

Hold up didn't they make a new anime series for Space Adventure Cobra?
...but man fuck this real life if we can't have a kickass 39-ish episode Kongou Banchou anime full of manliness, manly roaring and pudding.

EDIT: I also really need to start reading Silver Spoon if not get off my lazy ass and watch the anime.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So earlier today I had to wait in the airport for two hours and decided to reread the latest Bleach chapter. Even after the second reading I still couldn't keep track of all the various nonsense names and letter codenames. But since I still had 1:55 left to wait, I decided to throw together a little chart to help keep them all straight. I thought it turned out pretty nice, so I'm posting it here in case it can help anyone else. And if it does turn out useful, I might even update it periodically.

Full-size version: http://i2.minus.com/i5RM8eX9HCMSi.png

Hold up didn't they make a new anime series for Space Adventure Cobra?
...but man fuck this real life if we can't have a kickass 39-ish episode Kongou Banchou anime full of manliness, manly roaring and pudding.

EDIT: I also really need to start reading Silver Spoon if not get off my lazy ass and watch the anime.

Space Adventure Cobra is a popular franchise with several spinoffs and sequels. It also already got an anime while the original manga was going, so a remake/reboot/re-imagining isn't that out of the ordinary.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So earlier today I had to wait in the airport for two hours and decided to reread the latest Bleach chapter. Even after the second reading I still couldn't keep track of all the various nonsense names and letter codenames. But since I still had 1:55 left to wait, I decided to throw together a little chart to help keep them all straight. I thought it turned out pretty nice, so I'm posting it here in case it can help anyone else. And if it does turn out useful, I might even update it periodically.

You're a scholar. Great work

Just noticed...the fourth guy on the bottom row with the glasses looks like fucking Commissioner Gordon.

That's his new nickname.

Antiwhippy

Billionaire girl 1-2

This is probably the first time I read a story centred around a stock/finance otaku. Guess it takes many kinds to make the world.

Kind of a cute story so far though. It's about a stock/finance otaku trying to learn to be more "normal".

edit: oh shit, it's by the author of Spice and wolf! No wonder there's so much detail with the finance stuff.

6000 13

0pedXH5.jpg

I had to read the previous chapter again to understand what really happened. That's why I hate overly slow translations. *sigh*

Overall it was a pretty good at setting up the next events. It seems a bit cliche, but when Kadokura fled from the subsphere, he clearly brought the evil with him. I can't wait to see the events unfold and the massacre that's going to happen.

Reading this chapter made me realize that I can't follow this manga anymore. I really need to let the chapters pile up a bit and then read it in a batch. The whole threatening and somewhat scary atmosphere was lost and I like the idea of a horror manga deep down in the ocean way too much to let the slow translation ruin the experience. Maybe I'll get back to it in a year.

Antiwhippy

Oh shit, brot is back.

Billionaire Girl 3-7

Dat cliffhanger.

Overall pretty decent. I like its exploration of how disparity in wealth can cause separation with other people.

Antiwhippy

It's not really like there were other candidates in the first place.

The only possible triangle at this point is komaba > mikage < hachiken.

I decided to take a short break. It took a bit longer, because I'm in a relationship again, but I thought I'd wait for the new thread to get back and here I am. I also felt bad for Kurita and wanted to give that poor guy a break from me. I figured he hated me a bit after what happened at the end of OTL and I'm glad he "made it" this time :lol

On the matter of 7 seeds, i need to catch up. I read 15 chapters and stopped. Unfortunately i don´t have much time. But i will read it.

Hehe, these names crack me up.
Just noticed...the fourth guy on the bottom row with the glasses looks like fucking Commissioner Gordon.

That's his new nickname.
Nope, he is the colonel from KFC.
6000 13

0pedXH5.jpg

I had to read the previous chapter again to understand what really happened. That's why I hate overly slow translations. *sigh*

Overall it was a pretty good at setting up the next events. It seems a bit cliche, but when Kadokura fled from the subsphere, he clearly brought the evil with him. I can't wait to see the events unfold and the massacre that's going to happen.

Reading this chapter made me realize that I can't follow this manga anymore. I really need to let the chapters pile up a bit and then read it in a batch. The whole threatening and somewhat scary atmosphere was lost and I like the idea of a horror manga deep down in the ocean way too much to let the slow translation ruin the experience. Maybe I'll get back to it in a year.

Welcome back.

7 Seeds 124

iXtm4sj.jpg

I have to admit, after taking a break, I was really looking forward to this, even though I hoped for a bit more than just one chapter.

I loved it.

While I had the feeling it would be a "too good to be true" scenario, it was interesting how I missed the little clues throughout the chapter. It was well done and I wonder how Kaname pulled is one off and where the rest of the group is. The fact that everyone saw something different also made me think that some kind of drug in the atmosphere might be involved, maybe even caused by some of the animals in the area. It would definitely make a nice trap. Unlike 6000, this chapter didn't feel that disconnected. The atmosphere was there, I remembered the characters and it was great coming back.

I need more!

Aizo

Banned

Great work! K is a badass.

UQ Holder 4

Oh. I guess they really are making the whole crew immortal. Not sure I like that gimmick. Also don't like how Konoe can somewhat hold his own against a Shinmei-ryu student who probably has been training a lot longer than he has.

Wiseblade

I decided to take a short break. It took a bit longer, because I'm in a relationship again, but I thought I'd wait for the new thread to get back and here I am. I also felt bad for Kurita and wanted to give that poor guy a break from me. I figured he hated me a bit after what happened at the end of OTL and I'm glad he "made it" this time :lol
Winning because the competition didn't show is a hollow victory.

Akito

Silver Spoon 85
So good, hot dogs are a drink and Nishikawa with the ether haha.

Otoyomegatari 32
So that evil looking bastard turned out to be an evil bastard, surprise. Save us all, Azel onii-san.

dramatis

Silver Spoon 85

Okawa probably needs some kind of X-factor if he wants to survive.

That said, it buggers me a bit that the insides of sausages used to contain poop.

Miwaku Shikake - Amai Wana 3 (end)
tumblr_mt491yhwZY1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Thats it?! :( Everyone had made such good progress especially with the dealing going on and evolving personalities. Hopefully he learns to accept people of different orientations now that he is definitely one of them too and wholly enjoyed it even. Massive surprise at the end at the bosses transformation as well as how everyone was involved in this deal. Laughed.

Aizo

Banned
I Am a Hero - Vol. 12
I can see why this character is important, but still... I miss the old cast, but I recall that these last pages are where this new arc begun, so I hope the two casts meet up in the next volume. We can have some progress when that happens.
It's nice that we're seeing more of this awesome imagery from before when we see through zombievision. I remember what was happening with our actual protagonist, though.
That was sweet. Where'd that go? I don't understand. It's like when Vagabond first introduced Kojiro, and I didn't get why the MC was completely abandoned for a while. Important things were happening, and I'd like to get back to them. I really preferred the series back then.

Am I the only one who reads this? Was I not paying attention? Why did Kurusu kill those dudes...? I'm reading this pretty late.

Antiwhippy

Majime na Jikan 1-9[end]

S5L81ph.jpg

Holy crap.

Didn't expect to cry from this, but I totally did.

Caught me by total surprise. Thought the beginning would be a bit generic with the whole "girl just died and became a ghost and then try to see what happened to the boy she liked" but luckily it is far deeper than that. It's a really great, and even somewhat realistic, exploration of how a person deals with grief from a death of a loved one. I also felt that it was great in how it portrayed the main character's fear of separation, and how it feels to watch as you're slowly being forgotten, dead at the prime of your life.

Overall a pretty entertaining take on an afterworld story with great characters. I could kinda do without the last chapter as the second last chapter ended on such a strong and touching note, but I guess it's good to tie up a few loose ends.

tldr It's fucking great.

Shengar

Billy Bat 102
The conspiracy can't be more batshit insane than this right? Whose next? Stalin?

Silver Spoon 85
Lol drinking hotdogs. But I must remind myself next time to not read this if you don't have a meal before :/.

Billionaire girl 1-2

This is probably the first time I read a story centred around a stock/finance otaku. Guess it takes many kinds to make the world.

Kind of a cute story so far though. It's about a stock/finance otaku trying to learn to be more "normal".

edit: oh shit, it's by the author of Spice and wolf! No wonder there's so much detail with the finance stuff.

Sold, though I still gotta read some form of Spice and Wolf these days.

Antiwhippy

Got some more manga this week
and free! folder
(though again amzn -> ups some how lost one in the process so had to get another His Favorite, but they do next day shipping so it was fast, thankfully).

Dat upper body.

Hagoromo Mishin 1-5 [end]

A really sweet, short story about a swan trying to help a dude who helped her. From the same author of kids on the slope.

It's kind of funny how it plays around with the actual mating habits of swans.

6000 13

0pedXH5.jpg

Finally showed your face in here huh (asked you in the GT6 thread)

Welcome back to the fold man and yes Wednesday is still Wednesday on here.

Shikabane Cherry 01

lejfBuxl.jpg

A weak and sickly girl overdoses on some super medicine so she wouldn't miss her big date and ends up becoming a zombie in the process.

It's a silly shoujo. It already has the makings of the love triangle, lead undead girl, childhood friend that's of course going to reveal he has feelings for her and the cool dream guy who she's pining her.

I do wonder how they'll take the whole zombie thing which could be interesting or they could just handwave the whole thing and just turn it into some dramatic teen angst.

6000 13

0pedXH5.jpg

Oh snap! Welcome back man it's been far too long!

Akito

Shikabane Cherry 01

lejfBuxl.jpg

A weak and sickly girl overdoses on some super medicine so she wouldn't miss her big date and ends up becoming a zombie in the process.

It's a silly shoujo. It already has the makings of the love triangle, lead undead girl, childhood friend that's of course going to reveal he has feelings for her and the cool dream guy who she's pining her.

I do wonder how they'll take the whole zombie thing which could be interesting or they could just handwave the whole thing and just turn it into some dramatic teen angst.
Watch her trying to hide the fact that she's a zombie in front of her crush for the next 50 chapters. And when it's finally out, it turns out he actually like zombies.

DarkMehm

Eyeshield 21 1-65

Started this about two weeks ago as it is one of the most suggested series. It's really good even though I hate football. Hiruma is a bit over the top though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom