• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Likewise. Meta Knight's still probably my favorite newcomer, actually, with the possible exception of Ivysaur. He (Meta Knight) is the one character I had really wanted who got in...

I was definitely hoping for Meta-Knight, but I had been expecting King Dedede to make it in, instead. Sakurai pleasantly surprised me in this regard. Especially since all of his moves come from the EPIC fight with him in Kirby Super Star.

My favourite newcomer is Lucas and he is likely to remain that way unless Sakurai does something crazy awesome like add Paula or something. Meta-Knight is my second-favourite with Sonic in third.

sonicjoins.gif

I think old repressed "16-bit wars" feelings may be surfacing again. But am I the only one who wants Sakurai to release a video showing Mario kicking Sonic's ass? :lol

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
ant1532 said:
I'm calling a veteran for next week, followed by another veteran the week after, then Captn Olimer, then another veteran, followed by another vet, and then.... Megaman!!!

Next week needs to be F-Zero week.

Monday - Item: F-Zero vehicle! Hop in and run people over!
Tuesday - Stage: Silence!
Wednesday - Double Update: Captain Falcon is back!! Music: An awesome mix of Big Blue and Mute City
Thursday: Double Update: Captain Falcon Final Smash, Video of Captain Falcon entering Brawl.
Friday:
NEWCOMER: WALUIGI
:)

JDSN

Banned
I dunno if it has been posted before because I refuse to read 10 pages of gamer orgasms, but Peer from IGN is insinuating that a another newcomer will come from Square:

Apart from the ridiculous battles that are sure to ensue, I'm excited because it confirms the cross-over approach we suspected when first hearing about the "X" (cross) in the Japanese title of the game. Trust me, those Square composers aren't all working on Smash Bros. music out of the goodness of their hearts. If there's one thing Nintendo is great at, it's keeping secrets. With most of the game rooted firmly in the last game's fighting mechanics, you can bet that the developers are making sure the roster of fighters feels fresh.

Link here, it also talks about Wii kicking butt in Japan.

I wouldn't mind seeing both Mega Man and Pac-Man show up in the game, so long as there are enough new Nintendo characters to keep the game Nintendo-centered.

I don't expect to be see Simon Belmont show up any time soon, since we already have a Konami character in there.

I predict that the next new character will be either Captain Olimar or Animal Corssing Resident.

Haunted

Scribble said:
Yes, but this "doubt" was silly and baseless. Like with the Ice Climbers.
;_; It wasn't doubt, it was hope in the case of the Ice Climbers. Little fuckers.

But yes, yes, I concede that with the Lucas update (where I predicted that Ness would still be in) and these news of a FE1 remake on DS, Marth is pretty much confirmed as far as I'm concerned.

Scribble said:
Yes, but this "doubt" was silly and baseless. Like with the Ice Climbers.
yeah but Ice climbers was more "hate" than anything
Marth was "he looks to similar to IKE he won't return"
hopefully MEWTWO will also return and Game & Watch

Scribble

Dark Ninja said:
yeah but Ice climbers was more "hate" than anything
Marth was "he looks to similar to IKE he won't return"
hopefully MEWTWO will also return and Game & Watch

The Marth "he looks too similar to Ike" is probably the worst argument ever :D The Ridley "too big" argument sounds better than that (Though IMO, that argument isn't as ludicrous as others make it out to be)

rosterA.jpg

{VETERAN FIGHTERS}

portraitsmall_mario.jpg

MARIO -- "Mr Video Game!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Mario Finale
Special Moves - F.L.U.D.D. (Down Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), purple overalls/yellow shirt ("Wario"), red overalls/white shirt ("Fire Mario"), black overalls/white shirt, brown overalls/blue shirt

portraitsmall_link.jpg

LINK -- "The Hero of The Legend of Zelda Series!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Triforce Slash
Special Moves - Gale Boomerang (Side Special Move), Hero's Bow (Standard Special Move), Bomb (Down Special Move), Spin Attack (Up Special Move) and Clawshot (Grab)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), Red, Blue, White, Purple, Yellow and Black ("Dark Link" - includes changes to skin/eye colour)

portraitsmall_pikachu.jpg

PIKACHU -- "That Most Familiar of Pokémon!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Volt Tackle
Special Moves - Skull Bash (Side Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), Pichu goggles, green bandana, Trainer cap

portraitsmall_kirby.jpg

KIRBY -- "Warp Star-riding Citizen of Dream Land!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Cook Kirby
Special Moves - ???

portraitsmall_samus.jpg

SAMUS ARAN -- "Look At Her Power Suit Shine!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Zero Laser
Special Moves - Charge Shot (Standard Special Move)
Alternate Form - Zero Suit Samus
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), purple/orange ("Gravity Suit"), blue/orange ("Fusion Suit"), brown, black ("Phazon Suit"), green and pink

portraitsmall_fox.jpg

FOX McCLOUD -- "Run! Fly! Move Boldly!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Landmaster
Special Moves - Blaster (Standard Special Move), Reflector (Down Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo) and black ("Dark Fox")

portraitsmall_zelda.jpg

ZELDA -- "Her Hands and Feet Glow!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - ???
Special Moves - ???
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), pink blouse/blonde hair and black blouse/white hair

portraitsmall_bowser.jpg

BOWSER -- "The Biggest and Heaviest of Fighters!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Giga Bowser Transformation
Special Moves - ???
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo) and silver shell w. gold trim/armour

portraitsmall_donkeykong.jpg

DONKEY KONG -- "Don't Doubt His Strength!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Konga Beat
Special Moves - Giant Punch (Side Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo) and white fur ("Yeti DK")

portraitsmall_yoshi.jpg

YOSHI -- "Back and Bursting With Personality! "
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Super Dragon
Special Moves - Egg Toss (Up Special Move)

portraitsmall_peach.jpg

PEACH -- "This Is No Time To Get Kidnapped!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Peach Blossom
Special Moves - ???
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), white, red and orange ("Princess Daisy")

portraitsmall_iceclimbers.jpg

ICE CLIMBERS -- "Protect and Be Protected!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Iceberg
Special Moves - ???

{NEWCOMERS}

portraitsmall_pit.jpg

PIT -- "The Main Protagonist in Kid Icarus!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Palutena's Army
Special Moves - Palutena Arrow (Standard Special Move), Wings of Icarus (Up Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), gold tunic/wings and black tunic/wings ("Fallen Angel")

portraitsmall_wario.jpg

WARIO -- "A Form of Martial Arts That Other Characters Cannot Even See!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Wario-Man
Special Moves - Wario Chopper (Side Special Move), Wario Waft (Down Special Move)

portraitsmall_zerosamus.jpg

ZERO SUIT SAMUS -- "Not Exactly the Straightforward Fight You Thought it Was!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - "Crystal Flash" (Note: No official profile yet. Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash has only been seen in video footage from E 4 All)
Special Moves - Paralyzer (Standard Special Move), Plasma Whip (Side Special Move), Plasma Wire (Up Special Move)

** Note - Zero Suit Samus is an alt. form of Samus Aran triggered when Samus activates her Final Smash, the Zero Laser. She may be selectable as a separate character but this has yet to be confirmed.

portraitsmall_ike.jpg

IKE -- "From Fire Emblem, Ike Appears!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Great Aether
Special Moves - Aether (Up Special Move), Eruption (Standard Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), white clothing/armour w. blue cape, black clothing/armour w. gold cape, pale green clothing/armour w. green cape and pale green clothing/armour w. red cape

portraitsmall_poketrainer.jpg

POKÉMON TRAINER -- "The Pokémon Trainer Has Finally Arrived!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Triple Finish
Trainer Special Moves - Pokémon Change (Down Special Move)
Squirtle Special Moves - Waterfall (Up Special Move) and Withdraw (Side Special Move)
Ivysaur Special Moves - Bullet Seed (Normal Special Move) and Vine Whip (Up Special Move)
Charizard Special Moves - Flamethrower (Normal Special Move) and Rock Smash (Side Special Move)

portraitsmall_diddykong.jpg

DIDDY KONG -- "Donkey Kong's Pal Has Finally Joined the Battle!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Rocketbarrel Barrage
Special Moves - Peanut Popgun (Standard Special Move) and Rocketbarrel Boost (Up Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), blue cap/shirt, green cap/shirt, yellow cap/red shirt, black cap/black shirt and purple cap/purple shirt

portraitsmall_metaknight.jpg

META KNIGHT -- "He's Kirby's... Rival?"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Galaxia Darkness
Special Moves - Triple Dash (Side Special Move), Mach Tornado (Standard Special Move), Dimensional Cape (Down Special Move) and Shuttle Loop (Up Special Move)

portraitsmall_solidsnake.jpg

SNAKE -- "The Legendary Mercenary Makes His Miraculous Smash Debut!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - ???
Special Moves - Hand Grenade (Standard Special Move), Remote Missile (Side Special Move) and Cypher (Up Special Move)
Costume variants - Standard (as per Dojo), blue/grey camouflage and bandana, leopard-print camouflage and brown bandana, and white/grey camouflage and green bandana

portraitsmall_lucas.jpg

LUCAS -- "He Fights Splendidly!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - PK Starstorm
Special Moves - PK Fire (Side Special Move), PK Freeze (Standard Special Move), PK Thunder (Up Special Move) and PSI Magnet (Down Special Move)

portraitsmall_sonic.jpg

SONIC -- "Sonic the Hedgehog Crashes Headlong Into Battle!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - "Super Sonic" (Note: No official profile yet. Sonic's Final Smash has only been seen in video footage from E 4 All)
Special Moves - Spin Dash (Side Special Move), Spin Charge (Down Special Move), Spring Jump (Up Special Move)

portraitsmall_dedede.jpg

KING DEDEDE -- "The Self-Proclaimed King of Dream Land Formally Joins the Brawl!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile
Final Smash - Waddle Dee Army
Special Moves - Waddle Dee Toss (Side Special Move), Jet Hammer (Down Special Move) and Super Dedede Jump (Up Special Move)

{BOSS CHARACTERS}

portraitsmall_petey.jpg

PETEY PIRANHA -- "He- He's Huge!"
SmashBros Dojo Profile

Xavien

Do you guys realize that this thread is now less than 700 posts from being the largest thread on GAF?

Testament to the awesome that is Smash Bros :D

Scribble said:
The Marth "he looks too similar to Ike" is probably the worst argument ever :D The Ridley "too big" argument sounds better than that (Though IMO, that argument isn't as ludicrous as others make it out to be)

There's also the "WW Link and Tingle can't be in the game cuz there Cel shaded" argument

I want WW link and Tingle to be in the game because of the possibilities for there moves and cel shaded levels

Gaborn

Xavien said:
Do you guys realize that this thread is now less than 700 posts from being the largest thread on GAF?

Testament to the awesome that is Smash Bros :D

I think Sonic did it really, adding well over 1k posts in less than 24 hours.

Jiggy

Dark Ninja said:
There's also the "WW Link and Tingle can't be in the game cuz there Cel shaded" argument

I want WW link and Tingle to be in the game because of the possibilities for there moves and cel shaded levels
Yeah, that's actually the weakest argument of all. We're talking about a game series that had Mr. Game and Watch 2Ding it up in a 3D world. Nothing's out of the question, graphically. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I don't know what the update will be, but I will be here for it. I can't fool myself anymore. :D

I'm tempted to predict Sonic's Final Smash...but I'm going with a stage.

Chumly

This thread is moving like crazy. I hope tonight we can get a stage update. That or something from the two "Mystery" franchises that still need to be revealed.

Zeed

Banned
DrForester said:
So, has anything about the US release been mentioned other than the site changing to TBA?
The game has been canceled and can now only be played on the Japanese Virtual Console.

The Hermit

flipping_heck said:
Yeah and me, i still think Bowser has the best Final Smash of the lot (Fox's second)

Me too, until tomorrow when Super Sonic shows... I honestly don´t expect any other possible update.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
The game has been canceled and can now only be played on the Japanese Virtual Console.
Snap. Guess I'll have to buy a Japanese Wii.

Zeed said:
I wonder what tonight's update is going to be. What do you do the day after THE most epic of epic updates?
F-Zero item is the only natural pick, and is my prediction for tonight. :D Things have to slow down significantly, no pun intended, or else we'll start expecting brilliance all the time.

papercut

Dark Ninja said:

What are the odds that WW Link isn't in Brawl? He's in TWO major games now. I think the same also applies to Paper Mario. Those two would be beyond awesome in Smash.

Nice nice, lets see for Konami we have Snake, from Sega Sonic. So now we need one from Capcom (MegaMan) and one from SquarEnix (Black Mage or Chrono)

Jiggy

Just to bring you all down because I'm annoying like that, here are the followups to awesome past updates:

After The Musicians? Mario and Link.
After the Four Types of Control? Fox.
After assist trophies? Bowser.
After Subspace Emissary? Smoke Ball item.
After Pokemon Trainer? Devil assist trophy.
After My Music? Munchlax.
After co-op adventure mode? Zero Suit Samus' moves.

Are you feeling the burn yet? :D But don't give up too much hope. Wi-Fi was followed up with the Subspace Emissary enemies, Lucas by the Snake movies, Diddy Kong by Animal Crossing music + Yoshi's final smash, and Ike by Castle Siege.

Zeed

Banned
Now aside from Megaman, the only thing I'm looking forward to is an update of that awesome pixel art that was posted way back.

Shinobix

Dark Ninja said:
its because his mouth is in the middle instead of the side
Yeah I guess I'm not used to see his mouth in the middle. There's something about his right eye that makes it look weird too. Not a very representative expression of Sonic I must say.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
Now aside from Megaman, the only thing I'm looking forward to is an update of that awesome pixel art that was posted way back.
But how will we get it now that Espada's gone? :( It was his one significant use!

papercut said:
What are the odds that WW Link isn't in Brawl? He's in TWO major games now. I think the same also applies to Paper Mario. Those two would be beyond awesome in Smash.

Paper Mario has a way better chance, seeing how he has his own Mario spinoff series, and is in some senses a separate character from the traditional Mario we know and love. I still wouldn't hold my breath.

Cel-shaded Link, on the other hand, wouldn't make much sense IMO-- he's just the product of the graphical style of a few specific iterations of the LoZ series. He isn't a separate character in any sense... he's just Link. The fact that a few Zelda titles have a certain graphical style doesn't matter, because EVERY Zelda game has a different graphical style. Including him separately would be like including Ocarina-of-Time-Link and Adventures-of-Link-Link as separate characters, just because those games have distinct graphical styles in the series. Bad idea. I'm not saying that it COULDN'T happen (because this is Smash and any crazy thing can happen), but I wouldn't want it to. Give me another original character instead, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom