• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffey

I don't get why people are legitimately angry at this news. There was a post I saw on another board of some dude who said he was shaking in anger. HE SHOOK IN ANGER OVER A VIDEOGAME. Argh.

Chumly said:
With Sonic now in Brawl how many characters in total with unlockables do you guys think we can have. Im hopeing for 40+ which would be absolutely amazing.
I don't know, I think over 40 might be a little much. But who knows? Here are my guesses.

22 characters already revealed plus:

Returning:
1. Captain Falcon
2. Young Link (Wind Waker style)
3. Mewtwo
4. Gannondorf
5. Mr. Game & Watch
6. Jigglypuff
7. Luigi

Newcomers:
8. Ridley
9. Little Mac
10. Animal Crossing Boy/Girl
11. Pikmin/Captain Olimar
12. Krystal

3rd Party:
13. Capcom - Megaman
14. SquareEnix - Black Mage
15. Namco - Pac-Man
16. Hudson - Bomberman

22 + 16 = 38 characters! Woah! :D

Jiggy

When Princess Peach invites not only Daisy, but Amy and Cream to her tea party, I will care.
He's actually got one scary image in there. Let's hope this crossover idea doesn't get taken too far in the future.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Damn, this thread increased by quite a few pages after the announcement.

My Thoughts: The most surprising thing about this announcement is the fact that Sonic seemed like such an obvious pick for a third party character that it's a wonder Nintendo included him at all. Yes, I know how that sounds, but considering this is Nintendo, and the obvious tends to elude them much of the time, I would expect them to have made a dozen other games where he would star with Mario before they would even consider putting Sonic in SSB.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
He's actually got one scary image in there. Let's hope this crossover idea doesn't get taken too far in the future.

Hopefully the cameos in Smash Bros. and the Olympics game will be as far as this goes. As much as I like the idea of Mario and Sonic crossing over, I definitely want the two series to stay separate except for special occasions like Smash.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't seen Pikachu or Ice Climbers yet in Metroid Prime 3, so I'm thinking the people freaking out about the impact of these "crossover" games should chill out a bit.

CreatureX3 said:
I don't know, I think over 40 might be a little much. But who knows? Here are my guesses.

Returning:
1. Captain Falcon
3. Mewtwo
4. Gannondorf
5. Mr. Game & Watch
6. Jigglypuff
7. Luigi

Newcomers:
8. Ridley
9. Little Mac
10. Animal Crossing Boy/Girl
11. Pikmin/Captain Olimar
12. Krystal

3rd Party:
13. Capcom - Megaman
14. SquareEnix - Black Mage
15. Namco - Pac-Man
16. Hudson - Bomberman

22 + 16 = 38 characters! Woah! :D
Here's my take.

Edit: I remembered other characters....and I'm still forgetting some others.

Returning:
1. Captain Falcon
2. Gannondorf
3. Jigglypuff
4. Luigi
5. Ness
6. Falco
7. Game & Watch

Newcomers:
8. Ridley

3rd Party:
9. Capcom - Megaman
10. SquareEnix - Slime

22+10=32

Iam Canadian

Sakurai should just throw a Slime into a Subspace Emissary screenshot as a normal enemy. Don't call attention to it, or anything. Just toss it in there in a screenshot related to some other update entirely (the more mundane the better) and watch the internet explode.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Hopefully the cameos in Smash Bros. and the Olympics game will be as far as this goes. As much as I like the idea of Mario and Sonic crossing over, I definitely want the two series to stay separate except for special occasions like Smash.
Likewise.

Chumly said:
With Sonic now in Brawl how many characters in total with unlockables do you guys think we can have. Im hopeing for 40+ which would be absolutely amazing.
1-22: Revealed Dojo characters - Mario, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Fox, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Samus, Zelda, Link, Pikachu, Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Snake, Lucas, Sonic

23-32: Returning veterans - Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco, Ness, Sheik (yes, I'm still expecting Sheik), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth

33-37: Others - Animal Crossing character, third-party character from the mysterious 19th franchise symbol, character #1 who nobody could possibly see coming (in Ness/Mr. Game & Watch/Dr. Mario fashion), character #2 who nobody could possibly see coming, wild card slot reserved for one out of King Dedede/Ridley/Lip/Ashley/Midna

Iam Canadian said:
Sakurai should just throw a Slime into a Subspace Emissary screenshot as a normal enemy. Don't call attention to it, or anything. Just toss it in there in a screenshot related to some other update entirely (the more mundane the better) and watch the internet explode.
Yes, and have Cloud and Sephiroth fighting in the distant background.

I leave for like three hours and this is what happens? :lol

Man, that guy sucks. I wonder if he even knows what vore is if he'd toss it around so casually. It just makes him look stupid.

And actually, I wouldn't mind a cross over if Nintendo did it, buying Sonic away from the train wreck that is SEGA, retconning the series, and making it awesome again. But jeez, the series will be kept apart. The guy just needs to calm down.

TheGreatDave said:
This will be the best game Sonic has ever been in. Ever.

Your dislike of Sonic saddens me, but it's not like he hasn't earned it. And besides, i agree since this will be the best game ever.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
TheGreatDave said:
This will be the best game Sonic has ever been in. Ever.

I've said it before, that it's pretty ironic how the best game Sonic's ever been in for at least the past 10 years would be a Nintendo game. Starring Mario, no less.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I like this idea. :D I even more like the idea of not even making it clear whether it's an enemy or not.

Milabrega

Roster Hopefuls Time ehh?

Returning not yet announced:
1. Captain Falcon
3. Mewtwo
4. Gannondorf
5. Mr. Game & Watch
6. Jigglypuff
7. Luigi
8. Falco
9. Ness

Newcomers:

10. Ridley
11. K.K. Slider or Tom
12. Captain Olimar w/ Pikmin
13. Lucario
14. King Dedede
15. An unpredictable awesome character

3rd Party:
16. Capcom - Megaman!!!!
17. SquareEnix - Black Mage
18. Hudson - Bomberman

Edit: King K. Rool Can't forget!

Iam Canadian said:
No. Keep them away from Smash Bros.

But think about all the kiddies that love Cloud and Sephiroth.

I don't want them there, but if Slime is gonna be tossed in there as a random space emissary enemy then that is just as possible.

crowphoenix said:
Your dislike of Sonic saddens me, but it's not like he hasn't earned it. And besides, i agree since this will be the best game ever.

I thought Sonic 1 + 2 were OK! It's just...you know. When you look back he's kinda like Lara Croft. All imagine, no substance.

Sonic and Croft have some similarities actually. They started off OK, turned to total dog shit, went to a new developer (Sonic is now in the good hands of Nintendo, they're publishing two games with him in after all) and then people stopped hating them.

TheGreatDave said:
I thought Sonic 1 + 2 were OK! It's just...you know. When you look back he's kinda like Lara Croft. All imagine, no substance.

Sonic and Croft have some similarities actually. They started off OK, turned to total dog shit, went to a new developer (Sonic is now in the good hands of Nintendo, they're publishing two games with him in after all) and then people stopped hating them.

Ei, if Sonic 2 didn't grab you, his current outting can only breed hatred. Hell, they've made me jaded, which is impressive since I loved Sonic.

Haunted

Zeed said:
Get_Ready_to_____Update17__by_AbyssWolf.png

The pixel art masterpiece has Sonic now! Someone convert it to wallpaper size (again) please!
oh shits. He placed Sonic perfectly .

Crushed, work your magic!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
As wrong as it would be for series canon, I would hope that if Mega Man was in the game he had a scan function that acted like Kirby's "eat" and he stole another characters attributes for use with his mega buster.

That would be awesome.

Iam Canadian

scola said:
As wrong as it would be for series canon, I would hope that if Mega Man was in the game he had a scan function that acted like Kirby's "eat" and he stole another characters attributes for use with his mega buster.

That would be awesome.

As long as he takes on the colours of the character he copies. Plus, a random voice should shout out "YOU GOT...FIRE BALL!" whenever you do it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Milabrega said:
Roster Hopefuls Time ehh?

Returning not yet announced:
1. Captain Falcon
3. Mewtwo
4. Gannondorf
5. Mr. Game & Watch
6. Jigglypuff
7. Luigi
8. Falco
9. Ness

Newcomers:

10. Ridley
11. K.K. Slider or Tom
12. Captain Olimar w/ Pikmin
13. Lucario
14. King Dedede
15. An unpredictable awesome character

3rd Party:
16. Capcom - Megaman!!!!
17. SquareEnix - Black Mage
18. Hudson - Bomberman

Edit: King K. Rool Can't forget!
Marth is extremely likely to be returning now. He just got his own game on the DS announced last night. Ike to represent the Wii branch of the FE franchise, Marth to represent the DS branch. Seems likely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom