• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

What would be the next big update? Ridley being a Boss Character? Capt. Falcon/ Sheik returning with new designs?

I know we are not getting a 3rd party character any time soon becuz of the Sonic craze that almost killed the official.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
Stop trying to steal my thunder. :mad:
If it makes you feel better, I was within 30 posts of you at one point today and now you've pulled ahead more again. :D

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm going to say...stealth double update: Online co-op in adventure mode (which we already knew) and new adventure mode stage revealed
How much do we "know" about online co-op and where did the information come from? I'm worried it'll turn out that somebody had a confused interpretation of online team battles or something.

Innotech

Banned
This thread is a work of art. Lets not ruin it.

Im predicting Sonic's stage. I just have that feeling. Or maybe his moveset. It seems like Sakurai would want to keep the Sonic hype going after the megaton.

Jiggy

GamerSoul said:
What would be the next big update? Ridley being a Boss Character? Capt. Falcon/ Sheik returning with new designs?

I know we are not getting a 3rd party character any time soon becuz of the Sonic craze that almost killed the official.
Stage editor with online sharing, alternate outfits, free downloadable characters and outfits each month for the first year after the game's release, free downloadable music each week, soundtrack to come bundled with the game as a preorder bonus.

Believe.

Zeed

Banned
Milabrega said:
I realized right after I uploaded. Its fixed now isn't it?
Yeah, though if you ask me resizing pixel art and making it smaller of all things is kinda ugly. I prefer cropping. But to each his own!

Jiggy37 said:
Stage editor with online sharing, alternate outfits, free downloadable characters and outfits each month for the first year after the game's release, free downloadable music each week, soundtrack to come bundled with the game as a preorder bonus.

Believe.

Sounds like a christmas wish list :(

BUT SANTA DOESNT EXIST.. or does he?

GamerSoul

Jiggy37 said:

Believe.

:lol :lol

I want to believe, but i can't. That way I won't get disapointed.

Milabrega

Zeed said:
Yeah, though if you ask me resizing pixel art and making it smaller of all things is kinda ugly. I prefer cropping. But to each his own!

Ehh its just a placeholder until Megaman's Update. ( or Kerrigan's SC2 update whichever is first ).

Jiggy

GamerSoul said:
:lol :lol

I want to believe, but i can't. That way I won't get disapointed.
I don't believe any of it either, but thought it was worth trying. :D
Actually, I don't know what megatons they still have left, but there's gotta be something. At least two in the two months remaining before US release (hope hope hope no delay hope hope hope). Mega Man should be one of them, I suppose.

Zeed

Banned
radiuhm said:
Hey does anyone know who made the song on the Sonic video?
I know the song is called Live and Learn, and that interest in it spiked 1000% after today's trailer came out:

There's a consistently long wait to download it from fileplanet if you want it. I think that same group, whoever it is, does a lot of songs on the recent Sonic soundtracks.

radiuhm said:
Hey does anyone know who made the song on the Sonic video?

A band called Crush 40, created by Johnny Gioeli (80's rock vocalist from the band HARDLINE) and Jun Senoue (Composer of tons of Sonic music ranging from old-generation Sonic to the Adventure Series and beyond).

Their song "Live and Learn" was used in Sonic Adventure 2 as the title theme and song that plays during the final boss fight as Super Sonic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crush_40

However, they are not the same band that did the infamous "City Escape" song.

The DID do Sonic's theme (It Doesn't Matter) for Sonic Adventure 1, but not Sonic Adventure 2.

They also did the Sonic Heroes theme song, aswell as the ending (What I'm Made Of).

They preformed a select few songs in Shadow the Hedgehog and lately they seem to be doing less and less tracks for Sonic games, which is a shame in my opinion since I think they are an awesome band.

Darkpen

Banned
Jiggy37 said:

Believe.
:lol :lol :lol

Little Big Planet much? :O

Jiggy

Darkpen said:
:lol :lol :lol

Little Big Planet much? :O
Not coincidentally, that's in my top three most anticipated games of 2008. :D Not that I'll buy it since I don't have a PS3, but still, LBP does many of the things I like in gaming.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My prediction for tonight is a double update with two of the following three:

-Sonic Final Smash: Super Sonic

-Pokemon: Torchic

-Stage: Metroid (Norfair? Magmoor? Bryyo?)

They're all in those new videos, after all. Though we ARE still waiting on that Mario Kart stage...

MetatronM said:
My prediction for tonight is a double update with two of the following three:

-Sonic Final Smash: Super Sonic

-Pokemon: Torchic

-Stage: Metroid (Norfair? Magmoor? Bryyo?)

They're all in those new videos, after all. Though we ARE still waiting on that Mario Kart stage...

is torchic that stupid Brown bird pokeman? :lol win

its either that or we get another Piplup update/flying shark pokeman :D

Tonight, I'll guess: Tails assist trophy. :^P

What are the chances that the revealed characters are all starter characters, and none of the unlockable ones have been given away? After all, we haven't seen Luigi, Gannondorf, or some of the other unlockables. Actually, have we seen any unlockable characters from the last two games? I don't think so, but I'm not sure...

Helzown

sp0rsk said:
They shouldn't be!

Read the damn TOS.

angrysporsk.gif

Also, I'm going the easy and most obvious route and predicting a sonic moveset.

Innotech

Banned
I really dont know anything about the new pokemon in the game. I kind of lost track after the first batch.
I do wonder though, if Sakurai has come up with a stage like the original sonic games, or if its more along the lines of SA2B. I actually really liked many of the designs like pumpkin hill and meteor herd.

If SSBB gets delayed to 2008, I hope they pull all the stops to amend their crimes - SSBB demo (with eight characters playable and Battlefield stage, maybe with some older items combined with Final Smash and Assist Trophies), mega update week on the week of December 3, etc.

Innotech

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I "hope" not, since if it was I'd be "predicting" Jigglypuff every night until it happened.
Im a bit concerned that jiggly hasnt made an appearance. She was in both smash games so I guess she must be in this one too but I dont know really. I kicked ass with her though. her rolling attack and down b were so fun to fuck with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom