• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Helzown said:
angrysporsk.gif

Also, I'm going the easy and most obvious route and predicting a sonic moveset.
You need to give the third eye its own angry > thing there

civilstrife said:
I think at the end of the day, we're going to see Tails as an unannounced secret character.

that would be for the best, I personally want him in but I don't want to see 10 pages added to this thread with people bitching about Sonic's shitty friends

Ten-Song

Smiles and Cries said:
that would be for the best, I personally want him in but I don't want to see 10 pages added to this thread with people bitching about Sonic's shitty friends

I think Tails or Knuckles would be fine, I'll start throwing the shitty friends flag around if I see something like Cream or Shadow being playable.

A Link to the Snitch said:
If SSBB gets delayed to 2008, I hope they pull all the stops to amend their crimes - SSBB demo (with eight characters playable and Battlefield stage, maybe with some older items combined with Final Smash and Assist Trophies), mega update week on the week of December 3, etc.

I fear all the mega updates will be saved for those holiday times but a demo is a huge dream

GamerSoul

There is so much goin on in that trailer! The speed to me seems unchanged and heptic, which is awesome as hell.
Peach's Foward Special makes a <3 now instead of an fiery explosion.:D

Darkpen

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I "hope" not, since if it was I'd be "predicting" Jigglypuff every night until it happened.
if you were predicting jigglypuff every night, your name would be some sort of deformed love child of Zeed and Jiggly D:

EDIT: I got it! Zeed37!

Jiggy

Smiles and Cries said:
Tails is one of Sonic's good friends; don't worry.

Darkpen said:
if you were predicting jigglypuff every night, your name would be some sort of deformed love child of Zeed and Jiggly D:

EDIT: I got it! Zeed37!
That would suck. I'd have seven times the disappointment that playable Lyn didn't make it to the game, and I was already pretty sad about that. ;_;

Darkpen

Banned
GamerSoul said:
There is so much goin on in that trailer! The speed to me seems unchanged and heptic, which is awesome as hell.
Peach's Foward Special makes a <3 now instead of an fiery explosion.:D
I know! That's so awesome. I can't wait to see all of the changes!! :OOOOOOO

I've been trying to think of reasons why this game would not get all 10s when reviewed. Not that I would care but you know some attention whore will try to give it an 8.8

Datschge

Peer-IGN said:
Trust me, those Square composers aren't all working on Smash Bros. music out of the goodness of their hearts.
Correct, they compose/arrange for money. Also from all announced composers working on SSBB no single one is still employed by Square Enix so it means exactly: nothing. Pretty shitty write up.

Darkpen said:
So was Knuckles and Amy.... until that retarded fat cat creature came along D:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr.Robotnic/Eggman.

These are the only characters that deserve to exist.

Maybe metal Sonic.

Zeed

Banned
Darkpen said:
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that the fart in the first SSBB trailer was going to be his final smash.
This was never confirmed. It was only confirmed that he would have a fart attack. This could easily have been referencing the Wario Waft (his down-b).

Does anyone think any money changed hands for Sonic or Snake to appear in Brawl?
I mean, Nintendo is using a licenced character they don't own, that will ultimately lead to greater sales of the game. I wonder if Sega and Konami get any kind of cut?

Zeed

Banned
civilstrife said:
Does anyone think any money changed hands for Sonic or Snake to appear in Brawl?
I mean, Nintendo is using a licenced character they don't own, that will ultimately lead to greater sales of the game. I wonder if Sega and Konami get any kind of cut?
This has been discussed already.

Long story short, Kojima begged Sakurai to include Snake. It's basically free advertising.

As for Sonic, there was some corporate negotiation that resulted in Nintendo giving Mario for SEGA's Olympic game thing in exchange for Sonic in Brawl.

Tristam

civilstrife said:

Apparently Kojima had begged Sakurai to include Snake in SSBM.

Milabrega

New things from the trailer that could be a possible update:

Pokemon : Torchic/Kyogre/Snorlax
2 Player On-line co-op
Item: Warp Star
Taunts
Subspace Level
Metroid?? Level
The level shown with the Ice Climbers
The new sticker face
Moves: Peach, Zelda,Lucas

I miss anything?

Milabrega said:
New things from the trailer that could be a possible update:

Pokemon : Torchic/Kyogre
2 Player On-line co-op
Item: Warp Star
Taunts
Subspace Level
Metroid?? Level
The level shown with the Ice Climbers
The new sticker face
Moves: Peach, Zelda,Lucas

I miss anything?

Snorlax

Also, Warp Star was confirmed in Kirby's Final Smash.

Milabrega

civilstrife said:

Sega and Konami's "cut" could also come in the form of free advertising from the character inclusion? MGS4, Sonic Riders both upcoming titles shortly after Brawls release. They may have even paid to get they're characters in.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just out of curiosity...

Are any 3rd party companies at odds with each other? I'm wondering if one company not wanting their character to be next to another 3rd party character might make the whole legal issue of these characters a problem with getting them.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SuperAndroid17 said:
zeed, you dont mind if I use one of those avatars do you? not a shuffle.

but im seriously thinking were getting that brown bird pokeman update.

Brown? Do you mean the Torchic?

DrForester said:
Just out of curiosity...

Are any 3rd party companies at odds with each other? I'm wondering if one company not wanting their character to be next to another 3rd party character might make the whole legal issue of these characters a problem with getting them.
No Epic and Silicon Knights characters fighting in Brawl? :D

Darkpen

Banned
civilstrife said:
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr.Robotnic/Eggman.

These are the only characters that deserve to exist.

Maybe metal Sonic.
why not just go ahead and say 2D sonic onry?

And why in the world are you including Eggman? Eggman came out when they started making the Sonic canon retarded and complicated with the comic books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom