• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

DrForester said:
Just out of curiosity...

Are any 3rd party companies at odds with each other? I'm wondering if one company not wanting their character to be next to another 3rd party character might make the whole legal issue of these characters a problem with getting them.
I don't know personally, but I'm guessing that any major third-parties probably successfully became major because they wouldn't let such things get in the way of potentially great advertisement.
At least... Japanese third-parties. Don't know about those weird competitive American ones and such. :p

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Okay gents, since that photo surfaced showing the game was obviously playable in some form, its time to scour the webs and find youtube'd footage of this playtest.

I know that it has got to be on some Japanese blog or on Youtube somewhere.

Firestorm

If any of Sonic's shitty friends aside from maybe Knuckles makes it over Tails, there will be hell to pay.

Also Zeed, I'm stealing Meta Knight from you for a bit.

Firestorm said:
If any of Sonic's shitty friends aside from maybe Knuckles makes it over Tails, there will be hell to pay.

im the only sonic

and theres two zelda's already ,jiggly and insaniac.

Zeed am pissed?

Milabrega

Can we just say that if any Sonic shitty friends other than tails and/or Knuckles makes it there will be hell to pay ( Black and Red alternate colors for Sonic the exception ? ).

SuperSonic.gif

MisterHero

a Master Ninja said:
What If? Scenario: If EGM never had the "Sonic in SSBM" April Fool's joke, would Sonic still be in Brawl?
Yes. The rivalry between Mario and Sonic would have even existed even without the constant agitating of the sensationalistic media. :D

.....anyways.....

Oh, like in Marvel vs. Capcom, characters, no matter the combination, could form special team hyper-combos/power-ups.

Ex: Ryu [Shinkuu Hadouken] + Iron Man [Proton Cannon] = Shinkuu Cannon

It could work this way in Brawl too. You could have unique results by teaming any character together. So I expect no less than 2 characters from any of the given franchises, save for the 3rd-Party characters.

Though Snake could have Raiden, Sonic with Tails, Ness and Lucas, Ryu with Ken, etc...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I think you can count on a delay in America. The reason for the delay in Japan was because they weren't finished, so I doubt somehow the American version is any further along.

Innotech

Banned
of course it did. Sakurai knows how to hype this game to the moon.
I wish they would so this with other nintendo games. Im actually impressed with the amount of stuff Sega is releasing about NiGHTS2 as well.

Innotech

Banned
sp0rsk said:
I think you can count on a delay in America. The reason for the delay in Japan was because they weren't finished, so I doubt somehow the American version is any further along.

I honestly think its more because of wii fit and the timing.
Then again Brawl is a big game for nintendo, one of their biggest. so youre probably right.
But isnt the Us supposed to get the game before Japan? So if anything it would have to be very late December or early January.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Innotech said:
I honestly think its more because of wii fit and the timing.
Then again Brawl is a big game for nintendo, one of their biggest. so youre probably right.
But isnt the Us supposed to get the game before Japan? So if anything it would have to be very late December or early January.

There was never a concrete JP release date.

Firestorm

a Master Ninja said:
What If? Scenario: If EGM never had the "Sonic in SSBM" April Fool's joke, would Sonic still be in Brawl?

Of course. The EGM joke had nothing to do with this... Third Party automatically makes people think of Sonic when it comes to Smash. There's a reason that rumour was done by EGM in the first place, since so many people would be willing to believe it.

TBA basically has "Delay" written all over it. But I will be a true GAFfer and Believe :(

Also, being first to 30k would mean more if we didn't have 1k posts dedicated to saying "WE ALMOST BEAT HALO 3 GUYS".

Insaniac

I'm still feeling a release date before christmas. This game is huge, and they'll want it out before to get that extra oomph in sales, even if the game would sell well throughout the Wii's entire life.

ant1532

Banned
Well in todays update Sakurai did say

There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.

I think he's not even sure on the date right now. Hopefully things go smoothly for him.

MisterHero

I think we'll see a demo disc before it gets ugly. :)

Nintendo Power's next issue is by their new publisher and has a huge Smash preview apparently.

Oh, and BELIEVE and all that.

Rindain

Banned
I hope Sakurai gets all the polish time he needs. I don't understand getting upset over a delay; it almost always results in a better game.

Firestorm

MisterHero said:
I think we'll see a demo disc before it gets ugly. :)

Nintendo Power's next issue is by their new publisher and has a huge Smash preview apparently.

Oh, and BELIEVE and all that.

Future US to include SSBB demo with their first issue to celebrate.
Believe.

Edit: I skipped over my last post not realizing it was my because of this avatar. Oh well, I might go back to a Tails one sometime.

I think that we'll only see one starter from each of the 2-4 gens.

We saw Chikorita a long time back, Piplup we got an update for, and Torchic was just shown.

I mean, it makes sense, right? No point in having three fire starters, three grass starters, and three water starters. I just find it weird that they showed Piplup and Torchic, but not Chikorita.

I'm predicting a multi-update about Torchic, Kyogre, Sonic level, Sonic music, Metroid level, and Sonic moves.

Innotech

Banned
Linkhero1 said:
You're right. If it needs to be delayed then delay it. It's not like I'm going to have time anyways. I have finals that month =P

and Mario Galaxy and NiGHTS2 will be controlling my life at that point.

Insaniac said:
I'm still feeling a release date before christmas. This game is huge, and they'll want it out before to get that extra oomph in sales, even if the game would sell well throughout the Wii's entire life.
Please dont set yourself up for dissapointment.. seriously.

Innotech

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Well, I'm sleeping with the lights on

usually when Im staying up for these updates I either fall asleep right after (if its a boring update) or stay up all night (when Sonic shows up for example) and just go to work at 6:30. In both cases the light stays on all night regardless. But yeah that gif scares the shit outta me.

Linkhero1

Tonights update will be an assist trophy. The Main Theme from Sonic and the Secret Rings - It will cause the players to go deaf during the match.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Innotech said:
usually when Im staying up for these updates I either fall asleep right after (if its a boring update) or stay up all night (when Sonic shows up for example) and just go to work at 6:30. In both cases the light stays on all night regardless. But yeah that gif scares the shit outta me.

Dude just go to bed

Ten-Song

Linkhero1 said:
Tonights update will be an assist trophy. The Main Theme from Sonic and the Secret Rings - It will cause the players to go deaf during the match.

Or it could just loop the sound: "SOOONIC HEEEEEROES!!!!" over and over until you want to turn the game off.

Zeed

Banned
SuperAndroid17 said:
zeed, you dont mind if I use one of those avatars do you? not a shuffle.
Nah sure go ahead, free country and all that...

Firestorm said:
Er...okay.

SuperAndroid17 said:
im the only sonic

and theres two zelda's already ,jiggly and insaniac.
Wut.

People, come up with your own avatar ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom