• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam Canadian said:
It's slightly disheartening to see that every Mother bit of info we've seen so far has been Mother 3 related. (Except maybe the Franklin Badge? Was the Franklin Badge in Mother 3?)

The Franklin Badge revealed for the game is based on the actual badge given away w/ copies of Mother 3.

Jiggy

-This is the 105th day of updates.
-This is the 14th stage, which means we get a stage every 7.5 days or so.
-This is the 3rd Mother update, so Mother moves up to have had as many updates as Sonic.
-Because it's a Mother stage, now the only currently-revealed SSBB franchises to not have a stage update yet are F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Metroid, and Sonic. (Metroid obviously has Norfair, but it's not on the Dojo, so for all we know we might get something entirely different.)
-The five least recent update types are item, Poke Ball, assist trophy, Smash 101/techniques, and story mode. As you can tell, we're in for impending doom.

Edit:

-This is the second time we've had a stage on a Monday.
-This is the second time we've had a Mother update on a Monday.

AMUSIX

OK...first, I've already posted my praises...however, there is one shot that is semi-worrisome...

stage14_071015b-l.jpg

The positioning here makes it look like the city is just a background, and that the fighting takes place on hovering platforms in front of it.

Hard to tell in the other shots, but I really, really hope this isn't the case. IF (and only if) it is the case, what the hell does the team have against matches that actually take place IN their settings, rather than just in front of their settings? Halberd (though it eventually gets there) Smashville, Skyworld, Rumble Falls...great locations, fights take place in front of them.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Gamer @ Heart said:
Lets all be honest, if mother 3 were released it would bomb harder than boogie. You guys are the vocal minority. I say the best chance you will ever get is mayber a wii ware release or maybe VC if Nintendo adds the gameboy.
Not necessarily. If Nintendo gave it the appropiate attention it could get decent sales like Fire Emblem does

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Golden Darkness said:
The Franklin Badge revealed for the game is based on the actual badge given away w/ copies of Mother 3.

...I am TOTALLY enough of a Mother obsessive geek to actually wear that out in public if I had it.

And run around in thunderstorms hoping to deflect the lightning.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Lets all be honest, if mother 3 were released it would bomb harder than boogie. You guys are the vocal minority. I say the best chance you will ever get is mayber a wii ware release or maybe VC if Nintendo adds the gameboy.
Yep
the most logical choice is to release it on Wii ware

underfooter said:
I'd really like a Metroid Prime 3 level. Skytown would be neat, or Phendrana drifts.

Dark World. It would be an awesome level mechanic. The stage keeps teleporting between the two and the light crystal bubble spawn and you slowly loose health outside of them. It be great.

Jiggy37 said:
-The five least recent update types are item, Poke Ball, assist trophy, Smash 101/techniques, and story mode. As you can tell, we're in for impending doom.

Tomorrow's Update:
Impending Doom

Wha... what's this?

Aaah! It looks bad! And it's coming this way!

Heeaaaalllp!

followed by EBA the next day. all 3 as one character just to piss off the tourney obsessed people.

Jiggy

Pureauthor said:
Maybe Nintendo will hear our pleas and remake Mother 3 for the DS in 3D.
Oh man, Amir0x's reaction would be classic. :D No matter whether he hated or loved the news.
I'd rather have the 2D myself, though. >_>

Edit:
JonathanEx said:
Tomorrow's Update:
Impending Doom

Wha... what's this?

Heeaaaalllp!

followed by EBA the next day. all 3 as one character just to piss off the tourney obsessed people.
Sounds like That's a dream scenario indeed. :eek: I'd be very happy to see that happen.

AMUSIX said:
The positioning here makes it look like the city is just a background, and that the fighting takes place on hovering platforms in front of it.

Hard to tell in the other shots, but I really, really hope this isn't the case. IF (and only if) it is the case, what the hell does the team have against matches that actually take place IN their settings, rather than just in front of their settings? Halberd (though it eventually gets there) Smashville, Skyworld, Rumble Falls...great locations, fights take place in front of them.

That looks like what it is. I'm not too worried, I don't think we've even seen half the levels yet.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Oh man, Amir0x's reaction would be classic. :D No matter whether he hated or loved the news.

Or better, an option for both!

I'd only play it in 2D, though. I've played through the prologue of Mother 3 and the animations are actually very fluid and comical.

Nintaiyo

Still pretty crazy that we got a stage like Hyrule Temple right after we started wishing for another big stage.

What should we ask for now, GAF?

Dreavus

Firestorm said:
I mean, if there are people waiting to play and Hyrule Temple came up, it was like having to wait for two matches to finish instead of one.

One of the reasons I have it set off for random.

Yup, that's about the only reason why I don't like the stage too much (cool design otherwise).

A regular match (Say, a four player FFA with four stock) on any other stage takes, what, 4-5 minutes give or take a few? While one match on Hyrule Temple could take upwards of 12-15 minutes. While this isn't necessarily bad, it does get irritating if you're waiting to play, like you said, or even if you happened to get killed early in the battle.

grandjedi6 said:
Not necessarily. If Nintendo gave it the appropiate attention it could get decent sales like Fire Emblem does

Do you trully with all your being believe that a barely snes lookig gba game of a never famous and nearly forgotten series that hasnt seen a release in the Americas in almost a decade would sell better than Fire Emblem?

Jiggy37 said:

He'd be torn.

Personally, I don't care much either way. I just want to play it in English. :(

Nintaiyo said:
Still pretty crazy that we got a stage like Hyrule Temple right after we started wishing for another big stage.

What should we ask for now, GAF?

Leon S. Kennedy as playable character with an RE4 setting in the town.

Iam Canadian

Gamer @ Heart said:
Do you trully with all your being believe that a barely snes lookig gba game of a never famous and nearly forgotten series that hasnt seen a release in the Americas in almost a decade would sell better than Fire Emblem?

...Urge to rant...rising...

Maybe I'll just repost that one I wrote a couple pages back.

grandjedi6

Gamer @ Heart said:
Fire emblem wasn't even known when it came out. While now any GBA game would probably bomb I believe the MOther franchise has the potential to sell well. Earthbound's bad sales are greatly exagerrated.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
JonathanEx said:
Tomorrow's Update:
Impending Doom

Wha... what's this?

Heeaaaalllp!

:lol

grandjedi6 said:
Fire emblem wasn't even known when it came out. While now any GBA game would probably bomb I believe the MOther franchise has the potential to sell well. Earthbound's bad sales are greatly exagerrated.

wow. ok then.

But the GBA is as good as dead. If we ever see it, i highly doubt it will be a pysical release and go the download route. Of course, even that is a strech.

Jiggy

Pureauthor said:
He'd be torn.

Personally, I don't care much either way. I just want to play it in English. :(
I wonder what it must be like to be him. To have to hate Smash Bros. even though it's probably the only reason Mother 3 might ever get translated, or Mother 1 released on VC. And to have Lucas in the same game with his dreaded Animal Crossing.

Iam Canadian said:
More Mother stuff.
I agree. The next thing we need is Mother music.

*checks statistics*
SSBB franchises without music updates yet: F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Mario, Mother, Sonic

Actually, I really want to hear music from all of these except Ice Climbers and Mario. :( More music updates, Sakurai!

Lobster

Banned
AMUSIX said:
OK...first, I've already posted my praises...however, there is one shot that is semi-worrisome...

stage14_071015b-l.jpg

The city is just a background. Once again, we're on floating platforms. Only The Zelda stage, Halberd and Fire Emblem stage aren't floating platforms so far...

The reason for this I guess was tournaments and online?

grandjedi6

Gamer @ Heart said:
wow. ok then.

But the GBA is as good as dead. If we ever see it, i highly doubt it will be a pysical releaseand go the download route.

Yes now on the GBA it would be doomed. But the GBA in its prime, a compilation on the DS or WiiWare all have the potential of doing decent enough.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Brandon F said:
zt.jpg

I'd consider this game a partial fail if this stage or some rendition of it(and it's size) is NOT included here. By and FAR the most played stage with my friends.
Same here. We use this stage more than any other.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Better yet, make it a level with the Lake. Have the monster in it jumping out and shit.

I'd vote for the Castle with catapults and exploding barrels and all...

except we already have that. >_>

C'monnnnn Mega Man!

PedroRVD said:
fantastic stage!!!

Im still worried...if Dr Mario does not make it in this game....im gonna cry.

118 days until Feb 10.
I think Dr. Mario would be a better final smash for Mario than his current fireball thing. He should turn into Dr. Mario and giant pills (like, Bowser big) should fall from the sky and bounce all over the stage.

Lobster said:
The city is just a background. Once again, we're on floating platforms. Only The Zelda stage, Halberd and Fire Emblem stage aren't floating platforms so far...

What about the Mario Kart stage and Mario Sunshine stage (when it lands). Not to mention the Wario Ware stage....

.....what the hell are you talking about?

grandjedi6

underfooter said:
What about the Mario Kart stage and Mario Sunshine stage (when it lands). Not to mention the Wario Ware stage....

.....what the hell are you talking about?

I think he meant stages with no platforms. Which would still be partially wrong for Fire Emblem

AMUSIX

Lobster said:

Actually, the Halberd stage is, at first, on a floating platform...from the hangar, to the full launch sequence, all you're fighting on is a platform flying around in front of all the action. However, once it lands on the ship, there is interaction in that the guns fire at you...that makes me happy.

The Fire Emblem stage while not on floating platforms still has no interaction with what's going on in the background (except perhaps the third area).

I honestly can't figure out the reason for this. In the case of New Pork City, how would it have been any different if they had made the surfaces you're fighting on the rooftops instead of floating platforms? (think Onette taken to a larger degree).

Edit: Oh, and I agree that the Sunshine stage is NOT an example of this...as well as the Mario Kart stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom