• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy! New Pork City has instantly become one of my favorite stages. I just love the scope of it, how it goes over and over before curving up and up and up. Can't wait to crawl to the top when it's released.

Kenka

laesperanzapaz said:
is this the largest thread [no. of pages] in gaf ever?

Don't know. But if this thread is chosen as the official thread of the game AFTER its release, there is no doubt it will become the largest GAF thread ever. Could surpass 1200 pages which is a very beautiful number

It's already the largest GAF thread ever.

But I think sp0rsk said he's going to force us to migrate to another thread for the "Official Smash Bros Brawl Thread".

Kenka said:
Don't know. But if this thread is chosen as the official thread of the game AFTER its release, there is no doubt it will become the largest GAF thread ever. Could surpass 1200 pages which is a very beautiful number

Not going to happen.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Kenka said:

I don't think this will be designated the official thread which is too bad. I kind of don't want this topic to end. On the other hand, we'll get Brawl when this topic ends, so maybe not.

Insaniac

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the update. People were talking about how brawl better have a big level like hyrule temple. :lol

It sure would be awesome if Brawl had a Sin & Punishment assist trophy that we already know about but haven't seen on Dojo yet, huh guys?

Yep.

Sure would be awesome.

*glare*

Iam Canadian

At this point you really do have to wonder if the Smash team has people scouring boards like this and reporting their findings to Sakurai.

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
Music updates are worth two updates in my book.
Well, your book sucks.

And don't get your hopes up based on an IGN piece, Alberto. As far as I'm concerned, whether we'll be getting a S&P trophy or not is still up in the air.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This has probably already been asked so I apologize for missing the explanation the first time around but I'm curious. How come this thread isn't stickied? It's consistently being updated and is almost always on the front page; in a way it doesn't need a sticky. However it seems a bit strange it doesn't have one considering how insanely popular this thread has been over the months and how important it is to a large portion of the NeoGAF readership.

Haunted

TekunoRobby said:
This has probably already been asked so I apologize for missing the explanation the first time around but I'm curious. How come this thread isn't stickied? It's consistently being updated and is almost always on the front page; in a way it doesn't need a sticky. However it seems a bit strange it doesn't have one considering how insanely popular this thread has been over the months and how important it is to a large portion of the NeoGAF readership.
Sp0rsk wants this one to keep ahead of the Halo 3 thread, and thread sticky = death.

EktorPR

Haunted One said:
Well, your book sucks.

And don't get your hopes up based on an IGN piece, Alberto. As far as I'm concerned, whether we'll be getting a S&P trophy or not is still up in the air.

...as up in the air as the Viewtiful Joe AT?

*snickers*

Haunted

EktorPR said:
...as up in the air as the Viewtiful Joe AT?

*snickers*
bah! :lol We've seen the Viewtiful Joe AT on the dojo site already. In fact, there's a picture of it up there right now. You want a link? :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Haunted One said:
Sp0rsk wants this one to keep ahead of the Halo 3 thread, and thread sticky = death.
Oh wow, that's weird.

As long as it keeps going then I'm happy. It really doesn't need a sticky with the way it keeps moving day in and day out.

EktorPR

Haunted One said:
bah! :lol We've seen the Viewtiful Joe AT on the dojo site already. In fact, there's a picture of it up there right now. You want a link? :D

Meh. At least "Jill Drozer" made it in. :/ <-----------
this is a happy face, see?

Dr.Hadji

JonathanEx said:
Tomorrow's Update:
Impending Doom

Wha... what's this?

Aaah! It looks bad! And it's coming this way!

Heeaaaalllp!

followed by EBA the next day. all 3 as one character just to piss off the tourney obsessed people.

Fortunately, it doesn't matter who's in the game. Us "tourney obsessed people" will play any and all characters. You don't have to be a hater.

I've been an Ouendan/EBA fan longer than most.

If you guys stopped attacking Tournament players (especially without knowing what you're talking about) you might learn something/get better at smash/have more fun with smash however you play.

Dr.Hadji said:
Fortunately, it doesn't matter who's in the game. Us "tourney obsessed people" will play any and all characters. You don't have to be a hater.

I've been an Ouendan/EBA fan longer than most.

If you guys stopped attacking Tournament players (especially without knowing what you're talking about) you might learn something/get better at smash/have more fun with smash however you play.
Tournament players play for fun?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Haunted One said:

I never said that!

My opinion is that stickies should mostly be for threads that aren't super popular but need exposure. Also official game threads.

This thread has no problems staying on the front page, so theres no real point in stickying.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So er, anybody got any opinions on what Jonk and the bods at starmen.net have been saying all this time? I dunno what to think now. :eek:

This is ace, and adding the Ultimate Chimera is a good bonus too.
I wonder if you can hit the switch on his back to disable him, closely followed by the bird on its head hopping down to hit the switch back on again?

Calints Neos said:
Tournament players play for fun?

35mmlnr.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Haunted One said:

I'm getting dizzy from all these circles we're going in.

wtf @ F-Zero GX characters
Horrible...absolutely horrible

Even the returning participants from F-Zero X were goofed up somehow. My main Kate Alen isn't even wearing pants for crying out loud!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
just sitting here going through the music on the site for something to do instead of hw.

As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."

on the KK slider song page

i think its pretty obvious we will get a animal crossing character.. but.. be it in febuary when he/she/it is announced.

i'm sure we've disccussed it a million times. . but its just such an odd thing for him to put on the music update, compared to all the other ones.

Syth_Blade22 said:
i'm sure we've disccussed it a million times. . but its just such an odd thing for him to put on the music update, compared to all the other ones.

Dunno - perhaps it's a reference to Kamen Rider?

Syth_Blade22 said:
just sitting here going through the music on the site for something to do instead of hw.

on the KK slider song page

i think its pretty obvious we will get a animal crossing character.. but.. be it in febuary when he/she/it is announced.

I really really wouldn't look that into the things written on the site.

Alot've people do this.

They shouldn't.

Also: It's a Kamen Rider reference.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Cosmonaut X said:
At this point, the only new female character I can see appearing is Ashley from WarioWare. She has her own theme tune included already and she could have a potentially interesting moveset &#8211; could be quite a floaty character with magic-based moves, perhaps incorporating Red, her devil helper.
I'd expect Mona before Ashley, really... although it IS true that Ashley got a song in the game already.

I wasn't too big of a fan of Hyrule Temple, but New Pork City looks like it could be a lot of fun, being big, but without too many hiding places.

Iam Canadian

SovanJedi said:
So er, anybody got any opinions on what Jonk and the bods at starmen.net have been saying all this time? I dunno what to think now. :eek:

This is ace, and adding the Ultimate Chimera is a good bonus too.
I wonder if you can hit the switch on his back to disable him, closely followed by the bird on its head hopping down to hit the switch back on again?

So far, I think everything that Jonk predicted has come to pass except for the time frames. Tell me, did Jonk ever mention anything about Ness?

That switch thing is from the game, right? Heh, that actually sounds a bit like how the Clumsy Robot was defeated in Earthbound. Of course, the Clumsy Robot didn't have a bird to turn him back on again. Clearly, Pokey is learning.

Scribble

Eh, I know you guys hate Krystal, but most character predictions are made based on who is most likely, and not just personal preference. Otherwise we'd all be randomly shouting Goombario for Brawl! Or Ryo Hazuki for Brawl!

Let's look at the most popular, 'most major' or most significant Nintendo ladeez:

Krystal
Dixie Kong
Tiny Kong
Micaiah (Fire Emblem RD/Wii)
Kumatora (Mother 3)
Mona
Ashley
Kat and Ana
Jody Summers
Daisy
Pauline
Captain Syrup
Dark Samus
Paula
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Lip
Midna
Tetra

I've probably missed a few. But here are the most likely ones (In no particular order, except Krystal is the most likely):

1. Krystal (Has a huge fanbase, although I'm not part of it. Plays a major role in the most recent SF games)

2. Micaiah (Which would be a terrible choice, IMO. Ike already represents

3. Dixie Kong (She was big in her day, not so now. But she nearly kicked as much ass as
Samus. Her design is pretty awful, though)

4. Mona (Wario's Peach! And has been in every WarioWare since the beginning)

5. Dark Samus (The most likely -- and best -- Metroid option if Ridley isn't a PC)

6. Midna (I think she's one of the best LoZ characters ever, but I think she'd be better as an AT. I just don't want her to be a PC due to personal preference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom