• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neomoto

Wow 2 player and online co-op for home run bat contest :lol It is breathtaking how many stuff they have in this game already and we still have a couple of months of updates to go.

Ramenman

Cool about the stadium shield.

I maybe a pussy but I barely played HRC in Melee because I found it shitty that you can't use all the attacks you want to hit this damn sandbag. unless you want to score like 0,5 m.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
I reckon there's going to be a "Smash" character playable. Whether this may be a Male or Female wireframe, one of the new bosses, sandbag or something else, I don't know. But on the screenshots theres a smash logo for sandbag and for some reason I just doubt they created that just for this mode.

NeonZ

WildArms said:
I reckon there's going to be a "Smash" character playable. Whether this may be a Male or Female wireframe, one of the new bosses, sandbag or something else, I don't know. But on the screenshots theres a smash logo for sandbag and for some reason I just doubt they created that just for this mode.

The Fighting Polygonal team, WireFrames, Sandbag and Master Hand always used the Smash symbol, even though they were never playable.

However, I wouldn't be surprised by an original playable character this time, as they seem to be including much more original content than in the last games.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
NeonZ said:
The Fighting Polygonal team, WireFrames, Sandbag and Master Hand always used the Smash symbol, even though they were never playable.

However, I wouldn't be surprised by an original playable character this time, as they seem to be including much more original content than in the last games.

Hmm true. Then doesn't this mean that its completely possible that Animal Crossing doesn't have a representative?

NeonZ

WildArms said:
Hmm true. Then doesn't this mean that its completely possible that Animal Crossing doesn't have a representative?

Stages used symbols too, so, yes, it's possible. That symbol could have been made just for the stage.

Odrion

Banned
Oh god, I don't want to see fucking Pac-Man hobble around. He's good when he's only ten pixels.

Megaman would work, it would actually be cool that when you KO someone he changes into their color and gets their ability (like Kirby.)

Teasel

WildArms said:
mmm it was like this in melee too
homerun.jpg

why do you guys have to speculate on everything?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The sandbag mode only served two purposes in Melee.

-Earn the 'trophy' achievement for hitting the bag a certain yardage(easilly performed with Falcon or Ganon or Yoshi.)

-Crazed folks to post youtube vids of them breaking the minigame by shooting the bag into the stratosphere beyond the bounds the game expected.

So...meh.

Dechaios said:
I expected the home run bat contest with new features. Didn't know what they'd be, but you can't tell me it's not a lame update. People are gonna use that feature MAYBE once and then never even look at it again.

"I expected a Mario level with a new locale. Didn't know what it'd be, but you can't tell me it's not a lame update."

Also, why is it that a mode which many people spent much time working on getting the high score in the second game will suddenly become unpopular RIGHT when Nintendo adds online co-op/counter-op, allowing them to try to beat high scores around the world?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
CoolS said:
How is that evil?
Let's do a comparison:

God's Language said:
This is the official site for the Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl — a place where I offer personal, straight-from-the-creator reports on the project.
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)
For those who are wondering what Smash Bros. is, please come this way!
(I will be periodically updating this site.)

Aw, that's nice of him.

Devil Speak said:
Dies ist die offizielle Seite des Wii-Titels Super Smash Bros. Brawl! Hier veröffentliche ich regelmäßig neueste Infos zum Projekt - direkt vom Entwicklerteam selbst!
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)
Wer sich für Super Smash Bros. Brawl interessiert, ist hier genau am richtigen Ort! Diese Seite wird regelmäßig aktualisiert.

Dear God, what vile incantations are these!? It sounds so angry, like he's about to wipe out mankind or summon Dracula.

Ten-Song

I'm going to say now that I think there's no way they'll reveal Mega Man any time soon. They JUST finally revealed Sonic after how long? They've still got months before this game ever touches our hands, why blow all the big news in the span of weeks when they can drag it out and keep interest in the game at a steady clip?

I think they'll reveal Sonic's level or some MGS/Sonic assist trophies before they even dare utter the words "Blue Bomber".

Nice update, im always up for online co-op in any shape or form

Prediction for tomorrow: An item, its been so long since we had an item.. its gonna happen this week or something.

CTLance

Haunted One said:
Stop making my native language out to be evil. :(
I'm with you.

:( :( :(

There, even Hitler is sad:
zwkn8.jpg

Back on topic: I think it'd be awesome if they placed some hazards on the HRC field - everybody has played one of those "throw/shoot/kick a Penguin/Man/dismbodied head as far as you can" flash games, right? If they adapted that as an option in the HRC I can imagine it to be quite a nice distraction...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I've got a feeling we'll be seeing Captain Falcon this week.

Of course, my feelings are almost invariably wrong, so maybe we won't.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
WildArms said:
A playable smash character would be quite a good idea actually.

What I really want to see is a playable mii.

Iam Canadian

I'm looking forward more to Ness's and Jigglypuff's returns (they WILL return. Believe.) but I definitely want to see Falcon back.

Actually, to be honest, the only character who I wouldn't mind if they didn't return is Pichu.

Dr.Hadji

Iam Canadian said:
I'm looking forward more to Ness's and Jigglypuff's returns (they WILL return. Believe.) but I definitely want to see Falcon back.

Actually, to be honest, the only character who I wouldn't mind if they didn't return is Pichu.

With the delay, I wouldn't count Ness out quite yet. As for Marth, that sucker is gone (unless hes a skin of Ike). Biggest reason why he won't return? Marth's play style would DESTROY Ike's to the point of making him worthless. It might be strange reasoning but no one has anything better as for why he'll return so I'll just leave it out there.

Dr.Hadji said:
With the delay, I wouldn't count Ness out quite yet. As for Marth, that sucker is gone (unless hes a skin of Ike). Biggest reason why he won't return? Marth's play style would DESTROY Ike's to the point of making him worthless. It might be strange reasoning but no one has anything better as for why he'll return so I'll just leave it out there.
um... marth's the most iconic character from Fire Emblem, and there's an upcoming remake of FE3, more than enough reasons and anyone would agree

Iam Canadian

Dr.Hadji said:
Biggest reason why he won't return? Marth's play style would DESTROY Ike's to the point of making him worthless. It might be strange reasoning but no one has anything better as for why he'll return so I'll just leave it out there.

I don't see how Marth's play style will destroy Ike's any more than it did Roy's. Anyway, they're two different characters. Besides, it's not unreasonable that Sakurai will gimp Marth the way he gimped Ness and Kirby in Melee. It's all about fine-tuning the balance.

Besides, Marth is the original hero of his franchise and the first exposure many people had to the franchise. He'll return.

Jiggy

Dr.Hadji said:
As for Marth, that sucker is gone (unless hes a skin of Ike). Biggest reason why he won't return? Marth's play style would DESTROY Ike's to the point of making him worthless.
o_O
We don't know what Ike plays like even by SSBM standards, never mind factoring in the general game mechanic changes made to SSBB.

Redd

Give me Voice Chat Sakurai. With all the Megatons you've been dropping lately surely you can find it in you to give us Voice Chat. I can always mute everytime some kid calls me every name in the book. Oh and if you have the space add every stage from the previous 2 smashes even if you have to unlock them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom