• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

Haunted One said:
Stop making my native language out to be evil. :(

"Achtung, Achtung, der Einhänder kommt!"
"Dies ist eine Warnung. Entladen sie alle Ihre Waffen!"

Hell yeah, this game had kick as German voice acting :D

wsippel

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
"Achtung, Achtung, der Einhänder kommt!"
"Dies ist eine Warnung. Entladen sie alle Ihre Waffen!"

Hell yeah, this game had kick as German voice acting :D
Not nearly as bad as Rondo of Blood. Boy, that's some horrible German voice acting...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Kirby, Mother, and Metroid are my three favourite series represented in this game (both musically and otherwise), so here's my My Music wishist for each of them. I have no idea how many songs each franchise will get, so I'll list eight or so for each.

Mother:

Mother - Pollyanna (vocals)
Mother - Eight Melodies (vocals)
Mother - Boss Battle
Mother - Bein' Friends
Mother 2 - Twoson
Mother 2 - Battle with Giygas
Mother 2 - Onett
Mother 2 - Good Friends, Bad Friends (the Runaway Five song in the
cast of characters in the ending

Metroid:

Metroid - Brinstar
Metroid II: The Return of Samus - SR388 Surface
Super Metroid - Lower Norfair
Super Metroid - Maridia (medley of both Maridia songs)
Super Metroid - Brinstar (medley of both Brinstar songs)
Super Metroid - Ridley's Theme (already in)
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts (maybe with the Space Pirate theme mixed in?)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption -
Battle with Rundas

Kirby:

Kirby's Dream Land - A medley of Green Greens, Castle Lololo, Float Islands, and Bubbly Clouds
Kirby's Dream Land - King Dedede's Theme
Kirby's Adventure - Battle with Nightmare
Great Cave Offensive - Early Caves
Revenge of Meta-Knight - Halberd levels (both themes)
Milky Way Wishes - N.O.V.A and the Battle with Marx
Gourmet Race - Races 1 and 3

Now feel free to mock my list.

So is today officially talk in another language day, because I have no idea what's going on.

So, I imagine tomorrows update will be Pokeball: Ness. Just to really mess with the mother fans.

Naw, it'll be magikarp.

Dr.Hadji said:
With the delay, I wouldn't count Ness out quite yet. As for Marth, that sucker is gone (unless hes a skin of Ike). Biggest reason why he won't return? Marth's play style would DESTROY Ike's to the point of making him worthless. It might be strange reasoning but no one has anything better as for why he'll return so I'll just leave it out there.
Your reasons are stupid and I hope you feel stupid.

Scribble

Iam Canadian said:
Kirby, Mother, and Metroid are my three favourite series represented in this game (both musically and otherwise), so here's my My Music wishist for each of them. I have no idea how many songs each franchise will get, so I'll list eight or so for each.

I feel so lame. I've completed all those games you listed (except Corruption), yet I don't remember most of those tracks. Well, except the Mother ones. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up listening to them, or something. I remember ALL of the Sonic, Streets of Rage, ToeJam and Earl, and other Sega tracks, but not the Nintendo ones.

But then if you played them to me, I'd be able to hum along. Or they'd have to be really AMAZING tracks, like the Stickerbrush (?) Symphony Bramble music in Donkey Kong Country 2.

I *love* Twoson's music, btw.

Just read this in a MTV interview with Nate from NOA. Thought it was relevant as it's about the update process for the blog...

Bihldorff is also in charge of the Smash Brothers Dojo, a blog from "Brawl" creator Masahiro Sakurai. That entails Bihldorff getting "chunks" of text bit by bit from Japan, about three or five weeks before they are ready to be published, and then making sure they are translated, written smoothly and passed on for any further translation needed by Nintendo of Europe.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1572074/20071016/index.jhtml

Interesting that they get it weeks before they're ready to go up. If Brawl was still going for it's December release, they would be receiving the last of the updates around now.

P.S. there's some info about Brawl in the interview about how there's a MGS codec sequence for each character in the game.

Jiggy

Wednesdaytons:
October 10th - Sonic + Sonic movie + another movie

Great Wednesdays:
August 1st - Ike
August 22nd - Diddy Kong

Everything else:
Mario + Link, moving and shooting, recovery, Metroid music, Wario, Banana Peel, Bowser's final smash, Bumper, Samus' final smash, Skyworld, Kid Icarus music, Stickers, Pokemon Trainer's moves, Meta Knight, Battleship Halberd, enemies of Subspace Emissary, Mr. Resetti assist, Excitebike assist (+ Lakitu)

Total updates: 24

Shares: 12.5% newcomers not known from E3 2006, 8% newcomers known from E3, 4% character movies, 4% other movies, 8% veteran characters, 8% Smash 101, 8% music, 8% items, 8% final smashes, 8% stages, 4% game modes, 4% special moves, 4% story mode, 8% assist trophies

Let's see... Wednesday's pretty even-handed, but there's never been a technique or Poke Ball. We haven't had a technique since October 4th, but no Poke Ball since September 20th's infamous Piplup. There's been one double update and one triple update, so double updates aren't necessarily likely, but they may be. 60% of the five known newcomers not revealed at E3 2006 were Wednesday updates. The only newcomers who have previously had double updates or better were Pokemon Trainer with the Pokemon change mechanic, Snake with MGS4 music and his special moves, and Sonic with two movies.

After mixing all of this up in a pot and deciding I have no clue what's coming, I semi-randomly predict, oh, why not, Mega Man.

usea

Zeed said:
What say you to six months?

Marth is in Brawl.
Clarify whether the ban starts when he's revealed on the website or when the game actually comes out with him in it. It would suck to wait until launch before being banned (whichever one of you is). Clarity is always better.

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Just read this in a MTV interview with Nate from NOA. Thought it was relevant as it's about the update process for the blog...

Bihldorff is also in charge of the Smash Brothers Dojo, a blog from "Brawl" creator Masahiro Sakurai. That entails Bihldorff getting "chunks" of text bit by bit from Japan, about three or five weeks before they are ready to be published, and then making sure they are translated, written smoothly and passed on for any further translation needed by Nintendo of Europe.

Interesting that they get it weeks before they're ready to go up. If Brawl was still going for it's December release, they would be receiving the last of the updates around now.
wat? I done thought that mr sakurai blogs the internet every night hisself! MEGATON

Jiggy

While we're talking about Nate Bihldorff, who I think was the one demoing Brawl in that one video, I've been thinking about what the person meant by saying the Homerun Bat was different in that it had unique animations... Maybe he meant that the bat has unique animations as compared to other weapons--in other words, perhaps the bat isn't swung same as a Beam Sword or Lip's Stick anymore.

Zeed

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Doesn't Haunted One already have a ban bet with Zeed on Marth being in the game or not.
That's a more complicated bet I have going on with MasterMFauli. That wager is that if Marth or Lyn was in, and Sothe or Micaiah weren't, I win, and vice versa. If one or more from either side get in (or none of them), it's a tie.

Lyn is already out, but I'm confident Marth will come through in the end. In any case, no one is getting banned off that bet until the game comes out and we can make sure of which characters are in or not.

This bet is much more simple. When Marth is revealed, Dr.Hadji goes on a six month vacation.

usea

Jiggy37 said:
While we're talking about Nate Bihldorff, who I think was the one demoing Brawl in that one video, I've been thinking about what the person meant by saying the Homerun Bat was different in that it had unique animations... Maybe he meant that the bat has unique animations as compared to other weapons--in other words, perhaps the bat isn't swung same as a Beam Sword or Lip's Stick anymore.
Ah, that's probably true. I didn't think of it that way. Good point.

Zeed

Banned
kiryogi said:
So wheres everyone getting those 2d sprite avatars from? :like zeed's diddy:
C55589~Puff-Diddy-Posters.jpg

Scribble

Stop betting against Marth. Do you actually WANT to be banned from NeoGaf? It's like saying "Hmm, I bet that I won't die if I got my mother to decapitate me with an axe" ... I don't get it.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
Also, this ban betting stuff is making me want to change my prediction to Marth for tonight, but no, I won't do it. >_> I stand by Jigglypuff being the first revealed unlockable first-party SSBB character on the Dojo, and still expect Marth to be unlockable himself.

I'm pretty confident that Marthy boy will be unlockable... and I agree with you about Jiggly being the first character unlocked in the game. As I was mentioning last week, I think every character with a unique moveset from Melee is 100% safe from being cut. (I still believe Ness is in, as an unlockable)

P.S. MEGAMAN TONIGHT OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGggggg

http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/gamedb/softinfo/wfight/img/down/shi02_800x600.jpg

that game is both awesome and horrible.

the awesome is matchups like Optimus Prime vs Simon Belmont or Snake vs Bomberman.

and while I would like Richter Belmont or Alucard to be in Smash, Soma Cruz would be cool because he would have a Kirby like power.

ant1532

Banned
MrCheez said:
I'm pretty confident that Marthy boy will be unlockable... and I agree with you about Jiggly being the first character unlocked in the game. As I was mentioning last week, I think every character with a unique moveset from Melee is 100% safe from being cut. (I still believe Ness is in, as an unlockable)

P.S. MEGAMAN TONIGHT OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGggggg
I'm saying Megaman is going to be announced December 3rd. This week will be a vet.

Dash

Do you guys think that Sakurai will even reveal all the final characters in the game on the updates? I remember not knowing that Falco, Dr. Mario, Gannon and Pichu were in Melee until a few days after the game was released and people unlocked them.

Jiggy

Dash said:
Do you guys think that Sakurai will even reveal all the final characters in the game on the updates? I remember not knowing that Falco, Dr. Mario, Gannon and Pichu were in Melee until a few days after the game was released and people unlocked them.
Not before the game is released, but eventually so, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom