• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this manga about stuff(story) or is it more moe waifu bullshit, I don't trust or believe any of you guys,when ever I come across an image of this manga am repulsed with utter disgust at what am seeing.

As someone that grew up in the 90s watching the explosive radioactive manly cooking of Mister Ajikko it saddens me to see the type bs that tries to pass off as a cooking manga.

Food-gasam have been a genre standard for many decades already

It has the lure of a smut manga, but this is a true battle shonen though and through just with cooking instead of fighting. The story is legitimately good and the "smut" factor gets toned down massively after like 3 chapters.

wonzo

Banned
Should I read Mirai Nikki? I'm about to finish my re-read of sbr and need a manga to read on my commute.
No it's terrible.

Is this manga about stuff(story) or is it more moe waifu bullshit, I don't trust or believe any of you guys,when ever I come across an image of this manga am repulsed with utter disgust at what am seeing.
It's the only good thing running in WSJ so you probably wouldn't like it.

Sell me a manga.
Yuureitou: Suspense murder mystery set in the '50s involving a treasure in a clock tower.

Nisekoi: -_- No amount of rage muffin baking will quiet my rage. I'm dropping this >:l
Soma: While it's not my cup of tea, so many potential yuri pairings. His dad is so boss looking.

wonzo

Banned
Sell me a manga.
Banana Bread Pudding
Now that Ira's older sister is getting married, who will take her to the bathroom after 10 p.m. and sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" outside the bathroom door in order to protect her from the beautiful, androgynous, child-eating clown? Will marrying a closeted gay man help?

Considered by many fans to be Ooshima's best work.

Cwarrior

It's the only good thing running in WSJ so you probably wouldn't like it.

The verdict is in, if wonzo says it's good then it must me more moe waifu bullshit, seeing as most talk I here about the manga is about x waifu is better then Y waifu and friendzoned/rom rubbish.

Forget that manga is any other new shounen jump manga any good apart from jaco, the ones I read have been eh like assclass I didn't feel the premise could carry it more then a chapter, couldn't get into kuroblack don't really know why, police girl not my thing.

When I mean good am mean something compelling like a next HXH,one piece,jojo or fma something grand something where it's story is it's main draw instead of relaying on other things.

Glass Rebel

The verdict is in, if wonzo says it's good then it must me more moe waifu bullshit, seeing as most talk I here about the manga is about x waifu is better then Y waifu and friendzoned/rom rubbish.

Forget that manga is any other new shounen jump manga any good apart from jaco, the ones I read have been eh like assclass I didn't feel the premise could carry it more then a chapter, couldn't get into kuroblack don't really know why, police girl not my thing.

I can't help but read this in the most annoying voice ever. Dunno why.

Wait, it must be the content.

wonzo

Banned
the waifus are merely the sweet soy sauce on top of the hot-blooded cooking battles and equal opportunity smut

Yo, did you just ignore what everyone else has said?
It's cwarrior.

Cwarrior

Oh come on, just read it.

Yo, did you just ignore what everyone else has said?

Nah it just doesn't sound the least bit interesting & looks unappealing to me, I was mainly curious on why certain poster are reading it, I wanted to know if it was another case of Nisekoi.

But am more interested in hearing about if there are any other new mangas that are any good with potential.

It has the lure of a smut manga, but this is a true battle shonen though and through just with cooking instead of fighting. The story is legitimately good and the "smut" factor gets toned down massively after like 3 chapters.

Thanks for the explanation still doesn't sound or look like something I would spend my time on reading even if I enjoyed reading or watching cooking battles in my past.

Glass Rebel

Yes, Mirai Nikki is awesome.

Also how you guys like some One Piece Dance Battle.

Yte7HFU.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Souma's totally going to seduce Erina's personal aide

Aizo

Banned
Slam Dunk - Vol. 13-22
I'm really enjoying this. I know that I really am getting into something when I can get an emotional response. I was trying not to wake my roommate, but this made me chuckle:
And this page seriously gave me the chills.
Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Slam Dunk - Vol. 13-22
I'm really enjoying this. I know that I really am getting into something when I can get an emotional response. I was trying not to wake my roommate, but this made me chuckle:

And this page seriously gave me the chills.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

The last few pages of the last confrontation in Slam Dunk is one of the very best in the history of, if not only just the entire history of sports manga, but also perhaps all type of mangas too.

It is too bad that the real ending itself is very jarring and so terribly unfulfilling :(

Has anyone heard anything about when Hunter x Hunter will continue? Been on hiatus forever now. Same with D. Gray Man

hahahahahahahahahahaha no

seriously there were claims he might return after wrapping up the Kurapika movie but that shit came out in January and apparently there is another movie coming December.

Ten Count 01

BmgpCOCl.jpg

We have one guy who is highly mysophobic and the other is one who's going to help him cure through his problem through ten steps.

Not a bad start and I am looking forward to seeing how this ten step program ends up working.

R.I.P

Shokugeki No Soma

Yesss, really excited for the election arc now! Also surprising to see Souma's old man back already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom