• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
2jfa8av.gif
n5sner.gif

it is like Ring King taking over Punch Out.

Jiggy

People who don't believe Marth will be in Brawl:

Pellham says he's out
Enduin wouldn't be surprised, but eh, that doesn't count really (retracted!)
jj984jj said there was a fair chance he'd be out for Ike; not sure if that counts either (retracted later!)
Somnid goes for the gusto and says Ike is in and Marth is out, but in fairness he later says he'll stay if the characters are different enough
MrCheez says Marth's probably gone (retracted later!)
papercut (who? :p) is sure Marth's out

Will edit in more as I find them.

Edit 1:

VegaShinra calls it safe to assume Ike's in and Marth's not

---FROM THIS POINT ON WE KNEW ABOUT IKE---

Proven thinks Marth's likely out
Dark Ninja seems to fear Marth's gone, though that might be sarcasm... in any case, he later decides that Marth is in due to the Falchion icon (retracted later!)
AMUSIX says Ike "might" be replacing Marth and Roy; not sure if that counts
Kevtones hopes Ike is proof that Marth is gone
PkunkFury can't see Ike and Marth being together since they look too similar
Android18a would be amazed if both Ike/Marth were in
EktorPR highly doubts Marth

Again, more coming later.

Edit 2:

Raging Spaniard shares the opinion of PkunkFury on similar looks
EricDiesel is 99% sure Marth's out
Shig figures that Marth (/Roy) was only in because there were no international FEs yet and now he's probably gone
CrushDance, I think, is kind of worried about Marth
playstencil thinks Ike is replacing Roy/Marth (at least that's how I read the post)
LegendofJoe is "fairly certain" Ike is an "updated Marth skin"

---AFTER THIS POINT WE'D SEEN SOME OF IKE'S MOVES---

Cosmonaut X says Marth is likely gone
Leondexter boldly says "It's obvious" Marth is gone
Haunted One is willing to bet on Marth being out (retracted later!)

Edit 3:

MrCheez goes back on earlier and says he thinks Marth will remain!
MasterMFauli thinks Marth is gone and ban bets with Zeed about it
perfectchaos007 calls Ike a Marth replacement, though I'm not sure if he really means that or is just commenting on other lines of reasoning

---FROM HERE ON WE KNEW OF FIRE EMBLEM DS---

Dr. Hadji says Marth's out unless he's an alternate costume, and later ban bets with Zeed about it
Dark Ninja has no fear anymore and calls Marth pretty much confirmed!
Haunted One retracts his opinion and says Marth is in!
Danthrax subscribes to the PkunkFury and Raging Spaniard school of thought
jj984jj considers the DS remake and now believes Marth is in!
lsslave is losing hope :(

Edit 4:

Enduin is now almost sure Marth will be back!

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:

Pellham says he's out
Enduin wouldn't be surprised, but eh, that doesn't count really
jj984jj said there was a fair chance he'd be out for Ike; not sure if that counts either
Somnid goes for the gusto and says Ike is in and Marth is out, but in fairness he later says he'll stay if the characters are different enough
MrCheez says Marth's probably gone
papercut (who?) is sure Marth's out

Don't forget MasterMFauli. He's the one I've got a six month ban bet going with.

layzie1989 said:
I will kill if Marth isn't in Brawl...he's my main...
Don't worry about it, he's in.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Ban bet: There's only three characters I'm dieing for to get into Brawl, and one's already in. I bet that at least one of the other two will also get in (as a playable character), if not you can say goodbye to me forever.

Bomberman and/or Waluigi.

Zeed

Banned
WildArms said:
Ban bet: There's only three characters I'm dieing for to get into Brawl, and one's already in. I bet that at least one of the other two will also get in (as a playable character), if not you can say goodbye to me forever.

Bomberman and/or Waluigi.
Wow. You will be missed.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Sakurai is going to drop a megaton to end all megatons in his final update - all the "assist" trophies are actually playable characters. Believe

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
layzie1989 said:
I've never had any doubt that Marth was going to be in the game...Roy on the other hand, I dont think his fire can save him...

Well they're going to have to give him a bottle of hair dye because I'm not going to be able to tell the difference between Marth and Ike in a match. Seriously, I think their visual similarities are what will keep Marth out of Brawl (yes you can put me down in the anti-Marth camp as well, Jiggy).

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
CreatureX3 said:
That would be a nice one two combo. I also can't wait to see Zelda's final smash.
I'm interested in that too. I reckon its going to have something to do with the three goddesses in the zelda games. They'll appear on the screen and do a combined attack or something along those lines.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Zeed said:
Wow. You will be missed.

I was going to ask to be put to sleep anyway, but I really want at least one of those two characters in Brawl, so it should be interesting.

GhaleonQ

sp0rsk said:
Quick! Get me to Times Square! I've got a baby to deliver!

Uh-oh! You just spilled a soda on your pants and your old high school flame's approaching you from across the street!

*muted trumpet "wah-wah-wah-waaaaaaaaaah"* That's our sp0rsk!

Enk

makes good threads.
Hi!

Guybrush and I want to join the Nintendo Fun Club, cause, you know, our lives are cold and shallow.

Where do we sign up?

psycho_snake

Jiggy37 said:

Pellham says he's out
Enduin wouldn't be surprised, but eh, that doesn't count really
jj984jj said there was a fair chance he'd be out for Ike; not sure if that counts either
MrCheez says Marth's probably gone
papercut (who?) is sure Marth's out

I was about to say that marth wouldn't be in it, but then I remembered that only one fire emblem character has been announced as playable. Marth will probably be the second playable fire emblem character.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Linkzg said:

Wow. That is pretty gay. I was thinking of that one SNES game that looked super awesome back in the day and I remember rushing to my dad saying, "Look how freaking awesome that looks!" and my dad was like, "I am having an affair with a woman that isn't your mother."

Kelsonk

WildArms said:
I was going to ask to be put to sleep anyway, but I really want at least one of those two characters in Brawl, so it should be interesting.

I think you'll be alright. There are still plenty of secret characters that won't be revealed and I bet Waluigi's one of them, even if he's a clone of Wario... that is if clone's still exist. I'd love to see Bomberman, too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
As for Marth, with the DS game being a remake I do think he'll remain the Brawl now, Roy's not going to be there though.

psycho_snake

Little mac's a good assist trophy to have. I expected him to be in the game.

I didn't have any time to talk about the updates yesterday so I'll do it now. I liked the meowth update, At first I thought he was going to be a playable character, but then I saw that he was an assist trophy. Meowth was one of my favourite characters in the pokemon cartoon, so thats why I'm pretty happy to see him in brawl.

As for the wiimote controls, they look ok. I'll definitely give them a go, but I cant see myself using those controls over the others. The GC controller will probably be my preferred control scheme because I've been using it in melee for so long, but if the nunchuck controls turn out to be really good, then I might just switch to that.

Dreavus

Kelsonk said:
I think you'll be alright. There are still plenty of secret characters that won't be revealed and I bet Waluigi's one of them, even if he's a clone of Wario... that is if clone's still exist. I'd love to see Bomberman, too.

If Waluigi is in, I certainly don't see him being a clone of Wario.

As far as I know, Waluigi is not well known for his motorcycles and flatulence, but rather his... um... thorns?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
psycho_snake said:
I was about to say that marth wouldn't be in it, but then I remembered that only one fire emblem character has been announced as playable. Marth will probably be the second playable fire emblem character.

As much as Marth is the greatest I have been losing hope... I mean Ike is just too close to Marth to really have both...

Ill be honest Marth >x1000 Ike IMO

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
psycho_snake said:
Little mac's a good assist trophy to have. I expected him to be in the game.

I didn't have any time to talk about the updates yesterday so I'll do it now. I liked the meowth update, At first I thought he was going to be a playable character, but then I saw that he was an assist trophy. Meowth was one of my favourite characters in the pokemon cartoon, so thats why I'm pretty happy to see him in brawl.

As for the wiimote controls, they look ok. I'll definitely give them a go, but I cant see myself using those controls over the others. The GC controller will probably be my preferred control scheme because I've been using it in melee for so long, but if the nunchuck controls turn out to be really good, then I might just switch to that.

Yeah, I don't think I said anything about last night's update. He was my favorite character in the cartoon series too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
AlternativeUlster said:
Wow. That is pretty gay. I was thinking of that one SNES game that looked super awesome back in the day and I remember rushing to my dad saying, "Look how freaking awesome that looks!" and my dad was like, "I am having an affair with a woman that isn't your mother."

pwned.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Dagnammit, I was certain that today would've been the "New Character" update we've been due for... and a Captain Falcon one at that.

Good to actually see what Little Mac looks like though, he looks good. Kind of similar to Knuckle Joe in motion isn't he?

They need the kid from that old NES Karate game in there as an Assist Trophy too. In sprite form. That'd be ace.

Hunahan

Banned
What a tease.

I came barreling in when I saw the updated thread title...only to find an assist trophy.

Still cool, though.

Just...such a tease....

Jiggy

Okay, the final count is in for people who think Marth is out and never retracted their opinions on that. 24 in total unless I'm counting wrong (possible since it's late)! Note that some of the ones not crossed out are people taking back what they had said before, so don't just count them all.

Anyway, with that, for now--unlike Marth--I'm out.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lol@all the ban bettings around SSBB =)

Megaman tomorrow. No bet.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Linkzg said:
because it would be awesome? and this is brawl, a game where awesome things happen all the time.
They would've had to turn him into a kick-boxer though...

Jiggy37 said:
Okay, the final count is in for people who think Marth is out and never retracted their opinions on that. 24 in total unless I'm counting wrong (possible since it's late)! Note that some of the ones not crossed out are people taking back what they had said before, so don't just count them all.

Anyway, with that, for now--unlike Marth--I'm out.

Oi!

Cosmonaut X says Marth is likely gone

Looking back at what I wrote - tweaked after a couple of replies from other GAFers, IIRC – I put together a list of confirmed, semi-confirmed and possible characters, together with a listing for “Others” for characters who were not confirmed, semi-confirmed or hinted at. Marth fell into that category, but I actually marked Roy as at risk due to him being a clone, together with other clone characters.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom