• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

Une Histoire d’Un Amateur de Friandises 1

PfFukSY.jpg

A classy manga about a chocolate enthusiast from the Undon Lady/Golondrina author. This manga really goes all out with her ideas, I mean this manga is even uses various shades of brown instead of black and white.

Kurita

What a weird title

Haikyuu!! 74-75

New girl is great.

OPM 28

Saitama giving no fucks about the hate messages :lol

One Piece (the one released last week)

Touching flashback.

A classy manga about a chocolate enthusiast from the Undon Lady/Golondrina author. This manga really goes all out with her ideas, I mean this manga is even uses various shades of brown instead of black and white.
New est em story? Would I like it more than those other two?, always wanted more dessert maker stories after the void left by yumeiro patisserie.

Akito

Slow Step 55 (END)
Holy crap Adachi, can you get even more vague than this, it could be the weirdest ending he has ever done if not for Q&A. In case you can't figure out who won at the end, the anime spelled it out for you.
Overall it's a decent series, Adachi can do Shoujo but I think he realized just as anyone of us that he's more suited for Shounen (and Seinen). The characters were good as you could have expected from him but the crossplaying shenanigans were dragging on for a little too long and became jarring. I personally don't agree with the choice Minatsu made (or didn't make haha) at the end but they were ultimately all great choices. One more down, only a few more to go.

Fairy Tail 352

Amazing chapter, epic showcase of Natsu best skills back to back became the best highlight of this arc since the previous chapter and shotaGrays imagination. Im glad Mashima doesnt just throw away elements after passing their arcs.

Fairy Tail

I think the real question is what the hell could freeze a FLAME DRAGON!

Also, a dragon is actually in the current time and exists o_O!

Looking forward to this explanation.

HSDK

Umm wtf that is a ton of gold. LOL Miu and her love of Gold. Can't wait for the next chapter, Saiga is finally talking.

Necrovex

I've wanted to get back into manga for a long while; I took a long hiatus from manga with the exception of "Aunt Tits" (I dunno why I am reading this, it's a sickness!). I want to hear some recommendations, so I am going to list what manga I have loved in the past: Berserk, Gantz (I still need to finish it), One Piece (I still need to continue reading this, I stopped after Post-Enies Lobby), and Naruto (maybe I shouldn't try to catch up...).

I'm thinking about picking up Jojo, Eyeshield 21, Attack on Titan (once the anime finishes), catch up on One Piece, and maybe catch up on Berserk (so I can cry and bitch about how slow the pacing is. Side note: Has Guts finally reached that bloody Fairy Island?). Anything else that I should read?

mhs004

I've wanted to get back into manga for a long while; I took a long hiatus from manga with the exception of "Aunt Tits" (I dunno why I am reading this, it's a sickness!). I want to hear some recommendations, so I am going to list what manga I have loved in the past: Berserk, Gantz (I still need to finish it), One Piece (I still need to continue reading this, I stopped after Post-Enies Lobby), and Naruto (maybe I shouldn't try to catch up...).

I'm thinking about picking up Jojo, Eyeshield 21, Attack on Titan (once the anime finishes), catch up on One Piece, and maybe catch up on Berserk (so I can cry and bitch about how slow the pacing is. Side note: Has Guts finally reached that bloody Fairy Island?). Anything else that I should read?
Read Hunter X Hunter first then catch up to one piece. Don't catch up to naruto whatever you do it will make you sad at what its become.

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 is all you need.

But, you can read One Punch-Man, Makai no Ossan, Nobunaga no Chef, AKB49, Kingdom, Oyasumi Punpun...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lady of Udon

Oh wow, this was a really refreshing and fun little romance story. I just love how the two main characters are just so goddamn dorky with trying to discover their love.

Kurita

Man, only one episode left and then I'll be done with the drama version of Moteki (though I still have the movie to watch). I'm so sad...
Overall I have to say that it was way better than the manga (still waiting for more chapters to be translated though).
I'm glad it got a drama instead of an anime, it makes it more "adult". I also doubt they could have used so many licensed songs by bands like Perfume, Flower Companyz, Thee Michelle Gun Elephant... if it wasn't a drama. All these songs really fit the Moteki universe and made the experience even more enjoyable.

scy

Golden Time 1-16 - It's fun. Didn't even notice it's from the same person who did Toradora. I guess this kind of dumb romcom is totally my thing. Also, lolamnesia.

Main girl is best girl etc. etc. Even if part of the plot seems to just be extreme friendzoning.

wonzo

Banned

Someone actually started translating this. :eek:

Did you ever get those little toys that were celebrating Jump's anniversary?

I imagine those toys are like some super exclusive that you can only buy from Jump's website or whatever cause I have never seen any import store carrying them. (Unless I just have no idea what to even search for).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well the Japanese do have a French equivalent of Engrish (we call that "franponais" here), but the title is correct!

Like correct-correct? Or Tite Kubo-correct?

UQ Holder

Kuromaro: obvious female. Moreover, since its Akamatsu, I bet you we'll find out she's using magic to suppress the boobies.

Fairy Tail

I'm legitimately surprised that Mashima managed to keep some kind of continuity going.

Fairy Tail

I knew it... sadly I never called it on here

when they said these key things in the prior chapters:
I here a similar voice
its an eternal flame
you have opened the gates of hell
and lastly the fear that Wendy had

just reconfirmed my assumption that it was Atlas since with his introduction with Natsu he said those key words which are bolded

Hachi! 2

I think the monster form is awful but portions of the plot are exciting, mainly the plants destroying the city of sorts. The worst part was the childhood friend just running away upon the sight of the truth. Pretty terrible.

UQ Holder! 5
tumblr_mtftohOVx41qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well thats a mighty fine idea, these characters are starting to have a high rate of being unclothed, not that it is a bad thing. Anyway Touta still is a great lead and the friendship pact was one of the best parts.

Kuromaru seemed to be reiterated as male via the cliff scene and upper body.

Necrovex

Nope.

Also if you like shounen I'd say you should read Magi and shokugeki no souma.

They'll never reach the island will they? I'll read the final book in The Song of Ice and Fire before that even happens. :-(

I'll give those two a try.

Read Hunter X Hunter first then catch up to one piece. Don't catch up to naruto whatever you do it will make you sad at what its become.

I'm thinking about watching the Hunter X Hunter anime first. I thought about getting through One Piece by anime, but after watching Enies Lobby, I can't handle that type of pacing any longer!

Eyeshield 21 is all you need.

But, you can read One Punch-Man, Makai no Ossan, Nobunaga no Chef, AKB49, Kingdom, Oyasumi Punpun...

I recall reading really rad things about One Punch-Man.

How better is the manga version of EyeShield 21 compared to the anime?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hachi! 2

I think the monster form is awful but portions of the plot are exciting, mainly the plants destroying the city of sorts. The worst part was the childhood friend just running away upon the sight of the truth. Pretty terrible.

UQ Holder! 5
Kuromaru seemed to be reiterated as male via the cliff scene and upper body.

And the part where Akamatsu censored her chest, right

Kurita

I recall reading really rad things about One Punch-Man.

How better is the manga version of EyeShield 21 compared to the anime?

I like to pretend that the Eyeshield 21 anime never existed.
The anime didn't even cover the Christmas Bowl that is hyped during the entire story.

Angry Grimace

Correct correct
(I don't know what Kubo-correct means)

He uses English all of the time for attacks and chapter names that aren't necessarily violations of the English language, but sound super wonky, e.g. "Bad Blood Divider."

Sometimes they do stray straight into Engrish though, e.g. "Why Me Sad." He thinks he knows English well enough to title stuff in English but he kind of doesn't.

Necrovex

My main issue with the anime (aside from the fillers/unfinished story) is that it looks so bad compared to the manga.

Look at dat art

Oh my lord, even if it has been six years since I saw the anime, I know it doesn't look anything like that. The anime looks like your typical show (like Silver Spoon).

Kurita

He uses English all of the time for attacks and chapter names that aren't necessarily violations of the English language, but sound super wonky, e.g. "Bad Blood Divider."

Sometimes they do stray straight into Engrish though, e.g. "Why Me Sad." He thinks he knows English well enough to title stuff in English but he kind of doesn't.

Oh ok, I see. Thanks.

Oh my lord, even if it has been six years since I saw the anime, I know it doesn't look anything like that. The anime looks like your typical show (like Silver Spoon).

It's worth reading just to see how the art improves little by little.

UQ Holder! 5
tumblr_mtftohOVx41qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well thats a mighty fine idea, these characters are starting to have a high rate of being unclothed, not that it is a bad thing. Anyway Touta still is a great lead and the friendship pact was one of the best parts.

Friendship pact was one of the best parts? That part was eye-rolling. It wasn't touching or anything. It was pretty lame. And a hot spring chapter already? This manga has yet to captivate or hook in any way. Still only reading because of connection to Negima. The backgrounds and scenery still fail to be up to par to Negima. He must not have those good assistants anymore.

Angry Grimace

Friendship pact was one of the best parts? That part was eye-rolling. It wasn't touching or anything. It was pretty lame. And a hot spring chapter already? This manga has yet to captivate or hook in any way. Still only reading because of connection to Negima. The backgrounds and scenery still fail to be up to par to Negima. He must not have those good assistants anymore.

I think those backgrounds took up a fucking shitload of time, and honestly, they were mostly traced from my recollection.

I think the pact thing is just a joke because obvious girl

Angry Grimace

aEZXD6m.jpg

UQ Holder 5

Touta definitely inherited those Negi genes, if he's already making Kuro fall for him.

And the Best buds contract was pretty funny.

I need some more clarification here DTL.

Since she kept covering her chest with the towel.

Its a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom