• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Was getting to that in an edit :x I had to read waifus first.

Nanatsu no Taizai 47 - I guess this is supposed to be a twist.

Shokugeki no Soma - Chapter 1-40

I read the whole thing and I have to say that it's quite interesting. I was wondering why people liked this manga so much, and I guess it was the reaction's of people when they eat the food. They are quite amusing.

I don't think I've read a manga that describes it's food so much ever since Toriko. The main character and support characters are interesting as well. I guess this will be on my list for weekly reads for now.

I want to fuse Toriko and Shokugeki together to make the ultimate cooking shonen. A series where people go hunt crazy monsters for rare ingredients to give to ace chefs who they are partnered with to compete in cooking battles. Less bat shit power up fights and more cooking duels.

mhs004

I want to fuse Toriko and Shokugeki together to make the ultimate cooking shonen. A series where people go hunt crazy monsters for rare ingredients to give to ace chefs who they are partnered with to compete in cooking battles. Less bat shit power up fights and more cooking duels.

As long as Toriko stays around. I actually like the direction it's going.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
International Jump TOC for September 23rd 2013

Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Naruto
Toriko
One-Punch Man
World Trigger
Nisekoi
Bleach
Dragon Ball

Previews: Jaco the Galactic Patrolman Final Chapter, Toriko and One Piece

Was getting to that in an edit :x I had to read waifus first.

Nanatsu no Taizai 47 - I guess this is supposed to be a twist.
Ha ha !

Trinity Seven is the manga where the MC isn't all lame/whiny/a woobie and actually get shit done ? (oh and has a harem) ? Maybe I should read it again.

You forgot to add in the smut.

Didn't see it posted here

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/09/23/2014-anime-to-adapt-shonen-jumps-haikyu

Guess the big announcement is anime announcement of Haikyu

Guess we'll maybe know in the previews for this week jump issue??? Haikyuu!! color pages please.

Cool maybe we will get some figures now. The anime bump will rival that of Attack on Titan's.

Hinata, Kageyama, Nishinoya, Tanaka, Oikawa, Tsuki, Kenma, Kuroo are all the figures I want. Doubt I want Ishiwaka...Would go nicely with my Kuroko figures...

Didnt realize chp 77 was out either!

mhs004

Awesome new World Trigger chapter resolving some issues and stating a new character is coming soon. I'm exited to see what the author will do next.

Yankee-kun and the Seven Witches to Megane-Chan 195
Damn Daichi was just like me before an exam.
"Hey did you bring spare pencils ? No ? Have one"
"Hey did you bring a spare eraser ? Here have one"
"Hey man let's go to the toilet" "But I already went at the train station's" "JUST. IN. CASE. DUDE."

World Trigger 31
tumblr_mtlc0psDqB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Aw what a peaceful resolution. I think they should have took the deal for the Fujin just to make it to enlistment day.

Izumi still just good and fun loving especially some of the other guys [ken] around him. They really made the whole thing seem like just one big game at the end. Kind of liked that feeling.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan 196
Wow this seems good despite what happened. I'm surprised Chiba was acting all nonchalant. I'm really expecting this to end soon though

Nyotai-kai 39
Dang Office side-stories. End already.

scy

Ha ha !

Trinity Seven is the manga where the MC isn't all lame/whiny/a woobie and actually get shit done ? (oh and has a harem) ? Maybe I should read it again.

Pretty much. He takes to having a harem rather well (while also being pretty transparent about his best girl).

upandaway

Pretty much. He takes to having a harem rather well (while also being pretty transparent about his best girl).
Y'know, I can't actually think of any harem lead that isn't excessively transparent about his best girl

The only issues come in when they try to decide about 2nd place

scy

Y'know, I can't actually think of any harem lead that isn't excessively transparent about his best girl

The only issues come in when they try to decide about 2nd place

Well, I mean he's not all "wat girls why?!" and is very upfront to them about his priorities to them. He both revels in the harem and has his clear best girl.

But yeah, you're right, generally their best girl is pretty obvious.

mhs004

Are the only people who read World Trigger on here me and DTL? You guys need to give it a shoot or another shot it has gotten alot better the last couple of weeks. The protagonist makes that face alot less now to.

Tizoc

They made an anime for Highschool of the dead, any chance Apocalypse no Toride can get an anime series as well?
They could always end the season when the helicopter arrives with a 'To be continued'
I'd say it'd work fine as a 13 episode series collecting Volumes 1-4 and some of Vol. 5.
Yeah it'd be gorey and bloody but don't they air the more 'darker' series at night time?

Well, I mean he's not all "wat girls why?!" and is very upfront to them about his priorities to them. He both revels in the harem and has his clear best girl.

But yeah, you're right, generally their best girl is pretty obvious.

Who's his best girl again? is it the
that serious one who was never serious before this shit unfolded

scy

Who's his best girl again? is it the
that serious one who was never serious before this shit unfolded

The
one that isn't actually part of his harem since she's part of the "big bad" group. She's still his driving force for everything, even if Lillith is true best girl (plssssss)

duckroll

Magi - 198

Not bad. Still hoping something happens which wipes the ability to use extreme magic from every character in the story, so we don't have beamspam crap anymore. Now that this arc is done, I hope the next 10 chapters involve Mor recapping what she's been doing while there was lameass beamspamming going on,

Sekai Oni 1

KGlmPVU.jpg

Well, this has my attention. As a result of constant abuse from her extended family, Suffering-chan is stricken with a disorder that causes her to see... bizarre, quasi psychedelic shit in all reflective surfaces. That'd be problematic enough in itself, but the boundary between the monstrous reflections and reality is tapering away to a point where the oddities are manifesting themselves in the physical world. With messy consequences.

Have to say, I'm not entirely sure where things are headed from here. The vol 3 cover shows FeMC with an axe that's larger than her, but she doesn't exactly strike me as the combative type. As always, will monitor until more chapters are out.

Magi - 198

Not bad. Still hoping something happens which wipes the ability to use extreme magic from every character in the story, so we don't have beamspam crap anymore. Now that this arc is done, I hope the next 10 chapters involve Mor recapping what she's been doing while there was lameass beamspamming going on,

Honestly I hope that the next time we get to extreme magic battles it's one on one stuff against djinn metal users and not everyone against an evil glob monster.

Dresden

silver spoon -

8ken's brother is just a pure winner at everything. I think he went to Russia, married his hot waifu, and came back in less time than it took Hachiken to hold Mikage's hand.

scy

silver spoon -

8ken's brother is just a pure winner at everything. I think he went to Russia, married his hot waifu, and came back in less time than it took Hachiken to hold Mikage's hand.

Time sure flows differently for side characters.

wonzo

Banned
silver spoon -

Wait, didn't he meet her while she was travelling in Japan?

e: they could see russia where they met so its close enough

bigkrev

Are the only people who read World Trigger on here me and DTL? You guys need to give it a shoot or another shot it has gotten alot better the last couple of weeks. The protagonist makes that face alot less now to.

I read World Trigger! My only complaint is that the artist really puts little detail into faces, so the last few chapters with all the new squads has left me unable to identify characters, because they all sort of look same-y to me.

World Trigger 31

Well, i'm not sure if the takeaway from this battle is if Jin is S-tier, a Black Trigger is S-tier, or some combination of both. Anyways, now that he doesn't have that Trigger anymore (at least i'm guessing they accepted his proposal), I wonder when we see him fight next.

There can never be enough doujins.

Nakama. They are normally pretty interesting

As far as a popularity bump for HQ, i'm thinking it has a shot at grabbing a top 5 slot for a while, but it is limited by the fact that Volleyball isn't exactly the most exciting or popular sport in the world.

Yugioh Zexal Chapter 34
tumblr_mtlv8lZrWx1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Great duel. I like the courtroom field card but I doubt its something that could be as interesting in the real world setting. Often that is disappointing about some of these cards is we could never have similar fun with them. Dr. Heartland is an interesting character with many good expressions. How fitting for such a con man type character though. Oh well on to the next duel.

Spotted Flower 01-09

2TQRTaI.png

So what if the unobtainable pair in Genshiken ended up getting married and now we have pregnancy and otaku jokes all around.

Ah, this was interesting to say the least.

I did have a good laugh at the trap game.

dumbyugi

A Certain Around 30's Delusion 1-2

It's about an office lady who loves tentacles so much that she is constantly fantasising about them. It seems like this will be a fun smut series. Of course if they don't add in more characters then it will probably get stale pretty fast.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Spiral eyes means I have to read this.

It's super dumb. Will have to see how it progresses, but I'm pretty eh on it.

Double House

i93179.png

Huh, this was an interesting one. Doesn't really have an overarching plot as such, and it's really just a bunch of conversations between a transvestite and a runaway girl from a broken family who seems to be waaaaaay into her philosophy college course, if you catch my drift. Still, it was interesting reading various ramblings about the character's views on gender identity and fitting into society's frames. Kind of rambly but it's an interesting read throughout.

From the same author as Pieta, who seems to do some interesting stuff. Was really hoping that someone would do her series Papa told me. Would love to read longer versions of her stories instead of short one offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom