• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Eye of Judgment - The Official Thread

Wollan

SaitoH said:
Penny Arcade has a write up on there main page. Looking forward to picking it up.

Nice. Also some handy tips there that may not be instantly obvious.

In addition, the final set has mystery cards - cards with no art or stats, that must be revealed by the Eye. I'm hoping to pull one of those today.
True? That's quite interesting actually.

Triz

found it at best buy in Roseville CA today. had to ask for it was not on shelf.

cant find booster packs anywhere.

Tabs

Got my retail review copy from Sony today. I'm psyched that it came in on time, especially when the stores were delayed. I'll have it set up in a couple of hours as soon as I get this demo at work finished, woooo.

edit: Oh, and for those of you planning to get it and play online, make sure you chime in over in the Online thread.

tribal24

Banned
artful_dodger said:
I hope at some point Sony adds some sony properties to this game as rare cards / attacks..

R&C
J&D
Kratos
Sly
Skyline GT-R
etc.

thats what im hoping aswell it can be sony smash type game>.>

Ten-Song

Penny Arcade said:
III. If you have multiples of a single card in your deck, and you are having trouble registering them, let me save you some time figuring out why your scans are losing cards. You need to lay all your multiple cards in front of the eye at once, so it can verify that you actually own the number of cards you claim to. Otherwise, you could just scan the same card over and over into the system. If you're registering a deck quickly (and you really can, if you lay out multiple cards) do your multiples last, in single batches.

Well there's some useful advice.

Penny Arcade said:
V. There are a number of theme decks available, I imagine because this is common practice with a normal CCG, but one of the main things I like about Eye of Judgement is that you can't really get away with a deck that isn't diverse. I haven't seen those decks, so I don't know what they contain, but even the "Earth Emperor" deck could only include perhaps six earth cards out of thirty. You need to play to the field, and the field is always comprised of five different elements. Regular games of this type turn on highly focused, one or two element decks, so once you've decided how you want to focus most booster packs only have one or two cards that even apply to you. Here, every pack might have something you can build in. It's something I find very appealing.

I like the sounds of that as well.

tribal24 said:
thats what im hoping aswell it can be sony smash type game>.>

Hey, can't hurt. I'd imagine it'd be kinda' funny to see a Kratos card for the game as a way to promote God of War 3

tribal24

Banned
i cant wait till tommrow when i pick this up getting the earth theme decked with it and prolly1 booster pack. i got a question in the themed deck do you automatically get a rare? or no? also the starting deck that comes with the game everyone gets the same cards right?

Triz

tribal24 said:
i cant wait till tommrow when i pick this up getting the earth theme decked with it and prolly1 booster pack. i got a question in the themed deck do you automatically get a rare? or no? also the starting deck that comes with the game everyone gets the same cards right?

Not sure about everyone getting same starter deck...but there is a booster pack in the bundle as well.

acabado

Banned
artful_dodger said:
I hope at some point Sony adds some sony properties to this game as rare cards / attacks..

R&C
J&D
Kratos
Sly
Skyline GT-R
etc.

Sev,Templar cards would be interesting also :lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Best Buys in the SF south bay have this in. I just picked one up... no booster/starter decks though.

Ten-Song

Just got a few booster packs... not sure how rare "Ultra Rare" is, 'cause in just a few short packs I already got a Guardian Watchtower (I'm sure future whoring of packs will give me a better understanding if I was just lucky, or if they're not that uncommon.)

vesp

Have tried 3 ebs, 2 gamecrazies, 2 best buys, target, and toys r us and none of them know for sure when they are going to get the game (in Seattle). Every single one of those places had others looking for it there as well (including the Penny Arcade guys looking for the cards), looks like the game might actually sell.

The hunt continues I suppose.

MrNibbles

Banned
Dammit.
So this is what does it?
This is what is going to make me buy a PS3?

Oh well, I guess.

Now, I have a few questions:

1. What's the non-tard pack for the PS3?
The 60GB with WiFi and hardware BC, right? If I can find it? $599?

2. I has a slim PS2, with a slim kit pro to play imports (disc swapping method).
I assume I will have to keep the PS2 around for the PS2 imports, right?

3. I has a TV (720p) with HDMI and component in.
I has a surround sound system with optical (S/PDIF Optical, TOSLINK, whatever) in.

What cables does the PS2 come with, and, can I get the video out through component and the audio out through optical?
Also willing to go VGA out to TV, or HDMI to TV (as long as I ca separate the audio from the HDMI to the optical).

dfyb

Banned
MrNibbles said:
Dammit.
So this is what does it?

Oh well, I guess.

2. I has a slim PS2, with a slim kit pro to play imports (disc swapping method).

I has a surround sound system with optical (S/PDIF Optical, TOSLINK, whatever) in.

What cables does the PS2 come with, and, can I get the video out through component and the audio out through optical?
Also willing to go VGA out to TV, or HDMI to TV (as long as I ca separate the audio from the HDMI to the optical).
i3gtxh.jpg

yeah, keep your ps2 around for imports (i do the same).

ps3 comes with composite. i suggest ordering a HDMI cable from monoprice for under $10 and yeah you can use HDMI for vid and optical for audio (you'd need an optical cable -- standard connections so you may already have the cable, if not check monoprice).

MrNibbles said:
Dammit.
So this is what does it?

Oh well, I guess.

That's the one you want yes, but I believe it's currently $499.

Loudninja

MrNibbles said:
Dammit.
So this is what does it?

Oh well, I guess.

First tere is no tard pack!second the 60 Gb is $499 ,and yes it has WIFi and hardware BC

MrNibbles

Banned
Awesome - still in stock at BestBuy

Yeah, I know about monoprice.
Amazon.com has some awesome prices on cables too.

I think I might have an extra HDMI cable, but I know I only have 1 optical cable, and it's in use.

Shipping is where they get you, though.
(Still getting cables for more less than 5 (five!) percent of the cost from CompUSA though).

Edit: Actually, I might go with the 40 GB model.

Save $100.
I have the PS2 for BC. Don't care about upscaling, really.
I don't care about hard drive storage. (Or do I? I'd just stream all media files over the network.)
2 USB ports instead of 4. And? So what?
Memory Stick/Compact Flash/SD. Don't own a single one of those.

Surfheart

DenogginizerOS said:
With all the great games coming out right now, spending another $15 on a Theme deck just so my wife can play is kind of a bummer. I just hope whatever theme deck I get isn't gimped compared to the starter deck I get in the box.

yeah, thats my worry as well.

This should be out today in Australia but it's looking like the theme and booster packs wont be available initially. I called JB, EB and finally Sony and was told that they basically don't know when the packs will be available. So now I can't play with the GF at all unless we just use the one deck.. not sure if that would work to muck around with till the extra card packs are around.

Belfast

MrNibbles said:
Dammit.
So this is what does it?

Oh well, I guess.

Get a 60 at Best Buy and you can get Heavenly Sword free.

Belfast

vesp said:
Have tried 3 ebs, 2 gamecrazies, 2 best buys, target, and toys r us and none of them know for sure when they are going to get the game (in Seattle). Every single one of those places had others looking for it there as well (including the Penny Arcade guys looking for the cards), looks like the game might actually sell.

The hunt continues I suppose.

Seems like some areas of California were really the only places to get the game today. Hopefully tomorrow will bring joy to the rest of us. :(

Remy

In NYC, I tried:

Both Virgin Megastores
TRU Times Square
Gamestop (Union Square)
Two independent stores

No dice, although my local independent said tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

DCharlie

Banned
did anyone pick up the Japanese version?

if so , does it have english language options? Given the global release i`d have thought the same game is on each disk...

Wollan

I'm off to pick up my game now (*crosses fingers*) here in AU. Will post pics as soon as I get back in a few hours.

Wollan

Just picked up the game from EB @ Melbourne Central.
I saw two more boxes in the back for your notice.

I'm still at uni so I can't take any photos now but the cardbox packaging is surprisingly thick. Like something you would get weights in. Also, the flippable front cover has a zipper lock (or whatever it's called).

Surfheart

Just picked mine up from EB on the gold coast. Can't find any more card packs or boosters and EB had no idea when they are getting them.

Surfheart said:
Just picked mine up from EB on the gold coast. Can't find any more card packs or boosters and EB had no idea when they are getting them.
I think I may just order my cards online through Amazon, maybe even Wizards of the Coast if they are gonna sell them. I remember buying my Pokemon cards straight through Wizards back in the day.

Triz

Euro pack is so much nicer than the US blister pack.

played about 5 rounds of starter deck only.

More I played the more I figured out. The game actually has quite a bit of depth to it. and the online works flawlessly. Looking forward to finding some booster packs to buy.

Surfheart

darkressurection said:
I think I may just order my cards online through Amazon, maybe even Wizards of the Coast if they are gonna sell them. I remember buying my Pokemon cards straight through Wizards back in the day.

Good one. Sounds like the way to go. I'm sure it will be cheaper than buying locally.

Edit: Wow Nice pics Wollan!

Wollan

Haha, the tutorial setup video (under guidance in menu) is pretty hilarious. People with hockey like curly hair, sd camera footage and school like environment.

It's like it's straight out of TV Shop or the 80's, no kidding.

And I like it. Nostalgia. People will look back at these videos and laugh. :lol

Ten-Song

supermackem said:
Wow really if so that sucks tbh, i thought you only needed 5 cards so you cant play two play out of the box???? my hype has just died.

Nah, think ya' might have gotten a bit mixed up, you need five spaces on the field under your control to win the game. To play you need a deck of 30 cards per player.

Top Bottom