• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally beat Starlight Sanctuary
after 5 stones
. It's amazing how much one wrong move can cost you. Had the perfect Ra board lined up with orb enhancements....and then fucked up the combo. 5 stones later because RNG refused to give me dark orbs. Hurray....

Kreed

That Leader skill's definitely nice, but I'm not sure that's easier to accomplish than Horus's condition. It DOES make him ridiculously easy to use in Tricolor dungeons like whiskies or weekend though, and probably any other orb-restricted dungeon.

I'd say it's easier since there's rarely a situation where you can't make a 6 combo vs not having all the colors you need on the board, but the real benefit is the fact that he has no color restrictions/requirements so you can run what ever team you want, including teams that take advantage of his dark type vs Horus who can't take full advantage of his fire type and skill in the leader position.

J0dy77

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=808

So in the next Japanese version update, the Japanese 2.0 God in the link above is getting buffed to x4 instead of x3.5 for making a 6 combo. And the Toy Dragon Ultimate forms are getting subtypes.

Dark Japanese 2.0 god is getting buffed to 4x ATK for 6 combos. No sub restriction 16x with two single turn delay leaders? Gonna eat Horus's lunch.

Damn that's amazing. That pretty much puts him top tier. I wish they would put one mob like that as farm-able instead of needing REM luck BS.

Damn that's amazing. That pretty much puts him top tier. I wish they would put one mob like that as farm-able instead of needing REM luck BS.
The aforementioned Gamble Mage was a download code for buying a PAD guidebook. Doesn't matter for us, but it was funny to see pictures of whales with a stack of like a hundred books to max skill their Chrono Turtles and stuff.

razterik

That Leader skill's definitely nice, but I'm not sure that's easier to accomplish than Horus's condition. It DOES make him ridiculously easy to use in Tricolor dungeons like whiskies or weekend though, and probably any other orb-restricted dungeon.

Eh, six combos isn't that rough, and you are usually aiming for at least that many when running Horus, Kirin, and obviously Ra anyway.

Might make up a King Bubblie from Poring Tower this event. See some potential 48x burst here.

Seriously, whats the drop rate for a mermaid from a siren? I've done this over 200 times, no mermaid yet. I even did it though the 1.5x drop bonus yesterday, still nothing.

Driving me insane.

None of the Bosses from Technical dungeons drop, they always fall into Treasure chests. If you are trying to farm a Siren, you really need to farm in the standard dungeons (I think mermaids of the deep is the exact level)

Zero_IYAD

Ok, the usual 'help me' shout before every event :3
Here's my box:

tumblr_mtopoz32QM1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtopphUrlC1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtoppyVWdQ1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Do I have any hope against:
-Heroes Descended: Already got Siegfried the Blue Champion from the Water Carnival we got a month ago, so I need a Highlander without wasting stones.
-Hera-Ur Descended: Legend/Mythical?
-The Goddess Descended: Legend/Mythical?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I realized I had the mats to ult my Spinas, did so, then got a replacement mystic mask for the one I just used. King of Wednesday.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Here's my box:

-Heroes Descended: Already got Siegfried the Blue Champion from the Water Carnival we got a month ago, so I need a Highlander without wasting stones.

Hereos: I don't remember what I've done to clear this. Honestly, just try and piece together any of the teams shown here: PDX. Loki/Luci or Lunar/Luci team looks doable with your box. I hope you have a few Rainbow Keepers available...

For the next two, you can't do Mythical. Legend, maybe...But Mythical won't happen. You need to focus on a team and level it. Since you don't have Horus/Kirin/Ra, I suggest pumping your Loki/Lunar and pairing with a Luci for all the dungeons. Maybe a resist team? But those rely on hearts and healing...

Hera-Ur: I'd probably try to do Lunar/Luci with Hera/Hades/Joker/???. Hera-Ur hits pretty hard and requires manual healing every turn. RK is nice because it reduces damage. Joker requires careful use to make sure you get your heart orbs. You need to be able to combo well. You could try to do a resist team Meteor Volcano Dragon/Luci, but that requires a lot of levels and work to piece your team together.

Goddess is a bitch. Do you have any Rainbow Keepers? How about 3? You CAN grind her down, but you need a team of keepers to help you not die. PDX has some good team ideas that you can grind Legend with. Max skill Siren is pretty much a must, though. Loki/Luci or Lunar/Luci with Siren + 3 RK's is doable. Slow, but doable.

Here's my box:

Images Snipped

Heroes: Pair your Drawn Joker Busty with either A Fortoytops, or Green/Dark Ceres. The three Vamps on floor four will be your most difficult floor. Bring in your new Fully Evolved Android Dragon to break Highlander's Defense. The rest of the team stack with your most powerful monsters

Mythicals are above you right now:

Hera-Ur, I used a Resist leader (red/Dark) and Friend Luci for Legend. I think this might e a bit above you so far.

The Goddess Descended: Stick with Legend but it will be tough.

I ran it with Blue Noel, Friend Hermes, with a Blue Gaurdian Midgard, Siren, Bustied Berserk, and Neptune. You have most of this team, just not leveled up (and you can sub the Neptune for your Maxed Icedragon).

Kreed

Here's my box:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c83b341299cc4186bc7be0e08bac13d7/tumblr_mtopoz32QM1srgzyyo1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://31.media.tumblr.com/217cb704f84293ae53b63e7e2d87953f/tumblr_mtopphUrlC1srgzyyo1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b9e76839f17a3918238dd08e1fed257d/tumblr_mtoppyVWdQ1srgzyyo1_500.jpg[IMG]

-The Goddess Descended: Legend/Mythical?[/QUOTE]

Your Chinese God Leilan should be able to do Heroes Descended if you level it up to 30+ but I'm not sure about the damage output on the team and the monsters you'd be using to be certain that this is safe to run. Your other option is a mono colored blue/red tank team with twin Noel/Uriel as leads and bring Ancient Fire Dragon allowing you to break Highlander's defense. You could possibly try Goemon but I'd probably wait until he's 40+.

The Goddess Descended Legend, you could run with Loki as the lead and a Lucifer friend. Bringing in your two Hera's (try to get the other one to awoken if possible), a Rainbow Keeper and Siren. Or replace the other non awoken Hera with another Rainbow Keeper for safety.

Hera-Ur Legend, you could run the same team as The Goddess Descended Legend with Loki/D'Spindas and Leader Lucifer, but I'd replace your non Awoken Hera with a Rainbow Keeper with this build to be safe.

Zero_IYAD

Hmmm, I have most of the sub-monsters needed in teams, but looks like I've to evolve/level up some.
I just checked the numbers on PDX, Hera-Ur is too much I guess.
Heroes ain't that hard but it's not worth risking stones, am also not in a rush to get me a Highlander.
But I'd love to get a Valkyrie already, looks like the only team I can run on Legend is the mono-blue & it's not guaranteed.
I might skip this whole event & concentrate on getting porings to level up my monsters.

So guys, of each color in my box, which monsters should I give the priority to evolve/level up?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmmm, I have most of the sub-monsters needed in teams, but looks like I've to evolve/level up some.
I just checked the numbers on PDX, Hera-Ur is too much I guess.
Heroes ain't that hard but it's not worth risking stones, am also not in a rush to get me a Highlander.
But I'd love to get a Valkyrie already, looks like the only team I can run on Legend is the mono-blue & it's not guaranteed.
I might skip this whole event & concentrate on getting porings to level up my monsters.

So guys, of each color in my box, which monsters should I give the priority to evolve/level up?

In my post, I gave you a team you can clear Valk with. Lunar/Luci + 3 RK and Siren. You have time to get them all. Max Siren is a must for a LOT of teams. If you don't have one, make THAT your priority this event.

And go mono-dark. It's one of the easier teams to build and with a friend Luci, you're set.

Zero_IYAD

In my post, I gave you a team you can clear Valk with. Lunar/Luci + 3 RK and Siren. You have time to get them all. Max Siren is a must for a LOT of teams. If you don't have one, make THAT your priority this event.

And go mono-dark. It's one of the easier teams to build and with a friend Luci, you're set.
I read it, I used all my RKs on ultimate evolving the starter dragon series I have, so I gotta farm RKs from zero.
Both my Sirens are max skilled : )

The thing is, if you saw my Goemon posts, it took me 8 runs & 8 stones to get him.
My luck really REALLY sucks when it comes to drop rates.
I DO want a Valkyrie but am not gonna burn stones on shitty luck & a harder dungeon compared to Goemon's.
Guess I'll be patient & work on levelling up my important monsters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I read it, I used all my RKs on ultimate evolving the starter dragon series I have, so I gotta farm RKs from zero.

The thing is, if you saw my Goemon posts, it took me 8 runs & 8 stones to get him.
I DO want a Valkyrie but am not gonna burn stones on shitty luck & a harder dungeon compared to Goemon's.

Ah - yeah, it's always good to keep at least 1 RK around. And you'd be smart to farm for skillups and levels this event. It's always so enticing to jump right in, but they're NOT geared towards newer players.

What day is poring tower?

E: Holy fuck. The Carnival of Likes has been kind to me. I decided to pull one more time before it ends. 4 pulls. 3 trash, 1 gold egg.

Kirin. <3

The only thing I didn't pull this event that I wanted was Neptune. But otherwise, I got Hades, Luci, and Kirin. Got #onetruegod as well, but I wasn't aiming for him.

linsivvi

You can farm as many RK as you need on Monday.

Zero_IYAD

E: Holy fuck. The Carnival of Likes has been kind to me. I decided to pull one more time before it ends. 4 pulls. 3 trash, 1 gold egg.

Kirin. <3

The only thing I didn't pull this event that I wanted was Neptune. But otherwise, I got Hades, Luci, and Kirin. Got #onetruegod as well, but I wasn't aiming for him.
Aaaah congrats ><
Only got Hades which am grateful for.
I just got my 5th stone but I thought I should keep that 1 pull for the godfest :S

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aaaah congrats ><
Only got Hades which am grateful for.
I just got my 5th stone but I thought I should keep that 1 pull for the godfest :S

I don't know what the Godfest will be, but I can't imagine it will be anything I need at this point. I got Orochi during the last fest (even though he wasn't in it, ha), and as I already have Horus, Kirin, and Luci...I don't think there's any dungeon I can't deal with. I guess a Parv would be nice. But I'd like to think other options exist.

My stones will be spent trying to max skill all of my Poring Tower monsters (thanks for the dates btw) and MAYBE getting a second max skilled Echidna.

Zero_IYAD

I don't know what the Godfest will be, but I can't imagine it will be anything I need at this point. I got Orochi during the last fest (even though he wasn't in it, ha), and as I already have Horus, Kirin, and Luci...I don't think there's any dungeon I can't deal with. I guess a Parv would be nice. But I'd like to think other options exist.

My stones will be spent trying to max skill all of my Poring Tower monsters (thanks for the dates btw) and MAYBE getting a second max skilled Echidna.
Lucky! I'd love an Orochi
I got Parvati on the last fest.
I got a mix of I-don't-know-what-to-do-with gods:
Freyr
Lakshmi
Bastet
Loki
Yomi
A 2nd Hermis & a 2nd Bastet

All of them unevolved & I have no idea which one to start working on :S

The bottom line is: no one gets what they want most -.-

Nista

Will any of the upcoming descended dungeons work with an Astaroth team? Wondering where I should try to spend my pengdras and kings before the weekend...

Lucky! I'd love an Orochi
I got Parvati on the last fest.
I got a mix of I-don't-know-what-to-do-with gods:
Freyr
Lakshmi
Bastet
Loki
Yomi
A 2nd Hermis & a 2nd Bastet

All of them unevolved & I have no idea which one to start working on :S

The bottom line is: no one gets what they want most -.-

Yomi goes on the bottom....Parv, Loki, Freyr near the top depending on what you're running

J0dy77

Any chance that the godfest will overlap with the Carnival of like? That would make me very sad that I wasted 2 rolls outside of Godfest. What's that saying about rolling outside of Godfest? Oh right... :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Will any of the upcoming descended dungeons work with an Astaroth team? Wondering where I should try to spend my pengdras and kings before the weekend...

I cleared/farmed Hera-Ur Legend with my Astaroth team. Mythical may be possible, but I didn't try. You MAY be able to do Valk with one, but I would think the healing requirements would be far too difficult. Even my pretty beefy Asty team only heals for ~9k per match. It's rough.

Any chance that the godfest will overlap with the Carnival of like? That would make me very sad that I wasted 2 rolls outside of Godfest. What's that saying about rolling outside of Godfest? Oh right... :)

Godfest starts on Friday, Carnival of Likes ends tomorrow. :(

Jagernaut

Only a slim chance. The carnival ends tomorrow so it will only overlap if the godfest starts tomorrow. I pulled 3 times in the carnival and never got any of the featured monsters. Don't know if I should pull again.

I'm guessing the godfest will be Indian/Demons or Indian/Norse since we had everything else more recently.

J0dy77

Only a slim chance. The carnival ends tomorrow so it will only overlap if the godfest starts tomorrow. I pulled 3 times in the carnival and never got any of the featured monsters. Don't know if I should pull again.

I'm guessing the godfest will be Indian/Demons or Indian/Norse since we had everything else more recently.

Yeah. Wouldn't want anything from that type of Godfest. Makes me feel less shitty about my three star pulls. So sick of fucking golems.

Ashodin

I keep trying and trying and trying...

I will never be this good.

#onetruegod

what the jesus fuck. Siegfried only counters, doesn't hit? He speeds up and gets all his guys to get their skills popped.

That's some crazy shit.

Ahh I read PDX, he doesn't attack normally, and does nothing at full HP. So long as you don't match dark (like he did) you can charge up infinitely.

I keep trying and trying and trying...

I will never be this good.

#onetruegod

Honestly a huge part of this is patience. You can see that he fast forwards through his planning out the move, so the trick is to think about all the possible outcomes and not just use the first option you notice. I've fallen into the bad habit, while using Horus, of simply finding a four color combo and immediately going with that. While I have gotten very good at using Horus to farm, it has made me very impatient when it comes to trying to plan out 7 or 8 combos for Ra or when I need a lot of damage.There is also a chance that he is using PnD to pull off those combos, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it's just a lot of planning for each move.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Honestly a huge part of this is patience. You can see that he fast forwards through his planning out the move, so the trick is to think about all the possible outcomes and not just use the first option you notice. I've fallen into the bad habit, while using Horus, of simply finding a four color combo and immediately going with that. While I have gotten very good at using Horus to farm, it has made me very impatient when it comes to trying to plan out 7 or 8 combos for Ra or when I need a lot of damage.There is also a chance that he is using PnD to pull off those combos, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it's just a lot of planning for each move.

Yeah - there are times that he sits and waits for a good 3 minutes or so. I wish I could see what he sees, though. Practice I guess, but even then - this is God tier. I guess it goes to show that #onetruegod CAN be played effectively, you just need to know what the hell you're doing!

Kreed

Yeah - there are times that he sits and waits for a good 3 minutes or so. I wish I could see what he sees, though. Practice I guess, but even then - this is God tier. I guess it goes to show that #onetruegod CAN be played effectively, you just need to know what the hell you're doing!

It also helps that Yomi and both Anubis monsters have awoken skills, which gives him an extra 2 seconds to move orbs.

ccbfan

LOL

I decide to buy 85 stone mainly to show support to Gungho since I've gotten so much enjoyment from the game.

Thought hey everyone been getting some good luck with this current event, why not try.

Let just say my rolls could be the worst in history.

0 Gold eggs
All repeats

Salamander
Flare Drall
Fire Swordsman
Fire Golem
Sea Serpent
Toyceratops
Toy Tops
Mystic Stone Knight
Dryad
Earth Golem
Mystic Light Knight
Pierdawn
Pierdra
Vampire
Vampire
Vampire
Mystic Dark Knight

Ashodin

LOL

I decide to buy 85 stone mainly to show support to Gungho since I've gotten so much enjoyment from the game.

Thought hey everyone been getting some good luck with this current event, why not try.

Let just say my rolls could be the worst in history.

0 Gold eggs
All repeats

Salamander
Flare Drall
Fire Swordsman
Fire Golem
Sea Serpent
Toyceratops
Toy Tops
Mystic Stone Knight
Dryad
Earth Golem
Mystic Light Knight
Pierdawn
Pierdra
Vampire
Vampire
Vampire
Mystic Dark Knight

New rule: Don't buy 85 stones AND roll outside of godfest. :p

ccbfan

New rule: Don't buy 85 stones AND roll outside of godfest. :p

Just too much good news from forum members and pad forums so I just had to try.

Not like I get any better luck during God fest.

I have 6 total Gods in like over 50 rolls.

Either way it is what it is.

Whats crazy about this is that these rolls are so bad that I'm keeping none of them.

Basically like I spend 85 stones trying to get Heavy Metal dragon and didn't get the drop.

suko_32

So I got a new tablet yesterday and I'm trying to get a good first roll for my alt account. So far it looks like:

1st try: Hades
2nd try: Hades
3rd: Haku,
4th: Hades+

Going to keep trying. The funny thing is that in my main account with over 230+ days, I don't have those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom