• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Hoshin Engi? I'm playing though JUS and I just unlocked this world and it looks really interesting.

One of my favorite series.

The plot is great since it's an adaptation of a famous ancient Chinese novel, the action is nice and I like all the characters too. It's definitely something you don't see these days anymore.

G.ZZZ

Says the dude who makes a post that literally has no actual content in it. "X sucks" is not a take.

Hint: What are you talking about?

Says the dude who makes a post that literaly has no actual content in it. "X has no content" is not a take.

Hint2: i'm being facetious

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MANGaf cheer me up
I'm sad because of the lack of any new Yotsuba or Yuyushiki chapters

Asking GAF? Hope you're ready for some yuri!

Says the dude who makes a post that literaly has no actual content in it. "X has no content" is not a take.

Hint2: i'm being facetious

"Homer, Mr. Burns can't see you winking over the phoneinternet!"

I know, I know, posting seriously on Nisekoi is just...you know, but there's just something that's so crass and soul-less about it that it drives me nuts that its popular, even within a culture I have no familiarity with. I think its just the fact that its stupid-shit harem stories brought down to the absolute dumbest level possible where every single character, setting and plot element is a gigantic cliche. Even the art is generic. The only thing that's ever even mildly amusing are the sight gags, which is the humor level of people getting hit in the face with pies.

Soma

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 1-4
TnWWwE8.png

I came here just for delicious Uka-sama but I'm pleasantly surprised by most everything else, especially the artwork and the comedy.

I'm enjoying this so far.

Akito

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 1-4

I came here just for delicious Uka-sama but I'm pleasantly surprised by most everything else, especially the artwork and the comedy.

I'm enjoying this so far.
Step aside, Uka is mai waifu.
I mean I'm glad the series has some new readers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

Too many characters and all of them look like fangirl bait

Everyone's dead and there's still no Jack Rakan 6
MAYBE KOROMARU REALLY IS NOT A GIRL, THAT WOULD BE A TWEEST
OH A TITLE DROP
STILL NO JACK RAKAN

Yankee-kun to Megane Chan 197
*yawn*

LeleSocho

Banned
Aqua 1-9
After watching an episode of Aria The Natural sometime ago and after reading the synopsis i became interested in it since i fucking love water and someone suggesting it was really the trigger i needed to start it.
I love it, i love the chara design, the characters, the ambience, the genre and everything else... truly a dream world and a manga made for me.

Articalys

UQ Holder 6

Yep, this was the "time to set up the actual plot and sneak peek at some of the characters that'll be showing up later" chapter.

UQ Holder 5 & 6
Hot springs and then Yakuza. For a second I thought I was reading Nisekoi but then there was an onslaught of characters being teased

Yankee-kun to Megane-san 197
Dun Dun DUUUUUUNNNNNN

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 225-227

kingdom227.png

This series really knows when to ramp things up just when it feels like it's beginning to drag. Renpa's a fukken beast.

FUCK THA school POLICE 6
it's so bad that it's amazing in its badness

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Nisekoi
So has anyone let this guy know that isn't how eye color changes work? Yes, caucasian/european babies can change eye color, but its always from lighter to darker (normally blue to brown). Never brown to blue. The brown pigment isn't going to fade away lol.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi
So has anyone let this guy know that isn't how eye color changes work? Yes, caucasian/european babies can change eye color, but its always from lighter to darker (normally blue to brown). Never brown to blue. The brown pigment isn't going to fade away lol.

At this point we can assume that this is all a figment of Raku's imagination since its been conspicuously shown multiple times he's suffering from some kind of long term brain injury that affects his memory and perception.

grandjedi6

At this point we can assume that this is all a figment of Raku's imagination since its been conspicuously shown multiple times he's suffering from some kind of long term brain injury that affects his memory and perception.

Maybe the key holders are actually representative of his Id, Ego and Superego. And only after unlocking his locket will he come to his senses (aka come out of the coma).

The Gamer 01-03

So I guess this is going to be average dude plays a real life MMO?

I thought it was pretty cool to see regular life as a MMO but not so much when actual fighting gets involved into it. Makes it seem less special.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe the key holders are actually representative of his Id, Ego and Superego. And only after unlocking his locket will he come to his senses (aka come out of the coma).

That would actually make me want to read this crap. Why can't they do stuff like this?

grandjedi6

That would actually make me want to read this crap. Why can't they do stuff like this?

Because it's not a concept well suited for a generic long running series.

It's like Bakuman where all the story concepts they came up with were 100x more interesting than what Bakuman actually was at that point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because it's not a concept well suited for a generic long running series.

It's like Bakuman where all the story concepts they came up with were 100x more interesting than what Bakuman actually was at that point.

I dunno that thing with the two earths could easily have been a long running series (about 100 chapters) with some tweaks.

I get what you mean though.

Reversible! 01-14

zwwhYmTl.jpg

A very interesting story about a guy who is sent to an all guys boarding school.

There is a lot of character growth going on beyond the premise which is really surprising. I got interested in the synopsis but stayed for the story and characters.

The Gamer 3

Love his attitude always and his design, too.
tumblr_mttegmTKCn1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That observe skill is uite handy. In terms of the game and the real world, I liked the critical effect, I want to see more of it more often.

Renai Shimasen ka? 01-14

oFkSlsvl.jpg

A girl working at a maid cafe asks an otaku out to be dating for a month.

Not a bad romance series, somewhat. Kinda suffers from the whole dragging at times especially the latest arc but I guess it has some actual resolvement (hopefully) between which girl will win at the end so that's a plus.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
More like cutting the wings of Charizard so he can't fly.

Lol. I can't for you to eat your words.

Dude, unless he actively changes how the sword's powers works then no we won't.

The shikai is obtained by learning the name of the spirit in the sword. Bankai is achieved by subjugating the spirit in the sword. Both powers have to to with the same spirit, basically one is drawn out by a weak bond with the spirit and the other by a strong one. Bankai and Shikai are basically the same sword, as they are both achived by communing with the same spirit. One is just stronger than the other.

Grimace's analogy works better if he was talking digimon admittedly.

Unless Kubo retcons everything we know about these swords then there is no way that what we have been told gels with what is happening. Honestly It would make more sense if the only bankai they could steal was Ichigo's, due to the dual spirits.

scy

The Breaker: New Waves 130 - I think I'd read this even if it was just a bunch of those color pages.

Oh and looks like some major shit is about to go down.

Angry Grimace

More like cutting the wings of Charizard so he can't fly.

Can't you just admit it doesn't make any sense, and just say "it will probably explained later?"

Honestly, if you're going to spend all of your time in the thread arguing about Bleach, I don't understand how you expect to credibly do so when you legitimately won't give up on any point criticizing Tite Kubo no matter how absurd it is.

Renai Kaidan Sayoko-san 01-08

VfTfTztl.png

Sayoko can see ghosts and offers to let them posses her in order to let them move on. She then gets run over by your average college student and she falls in love with him.

This is pretty cute. It's like your normal romance story where the girl is trying to get the attention of the guy expect you add in the supernatural elements and it suddenly starts being funny. Sayoko just tries so hard, it's adorable.

Dude, unless he actively changes how the sword's powers works then no we won't.

The shikai is obtained by learning the name of the spirit in the sword. Bankai is achieved by subjugating the spirit in the sword. Both powers have to to with the same spirit, basically one is drawn out by a weak bond with the spirit and the other by a strong one. Bankai and Shikai are basically the same sword, as they are both achived by communing with the same spirit. One is just stronger than the other.

Grimace's analogy works better if he was talking digimon admittedly.

Unless Kubo retcons everything we know about these swords then there is no way that what we have been told gels with what is happening. Honestly It would make more sense if the only bankai they could steal was Ichigo's, due to the dual spirits.

And the spirit is still there, which means one can still use shikai while bankai is stolen. There´s no where it´s stated that the bond with bankai is stronger than the bond with shikai or the opposite. It´s the same spirit in sjikai and bankai it just changes its form, or else everytime Ichigo enters his inner world he will meet both of them not just one.

No, the spirit is still there. They only stole the power. If they stole the spirit than Toshiro would not be able to even go shikai. As far as Ichigo´s spirit, it´s still one spirit, even though it´s both quincy and shinigami. Both of them are part of Ichigo ´sone soul, exactly like the vizard power where one has to subdue his hollow. 2 faces of the same coin.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And the spirit is still there, which means one can still use shikai while bankai is stolen. There´s no where it´s stated that the bond with bankai is stronger than the bond with shikai or the opposite. It´s the same spirit in sjikai and bankai it just changes its form, or else everytime Ichigo enters his inner world he will meet both of them not just one.

No, the spirit is still there. They only stole the power. If they stole the spirit than Toshiro would not be able to even go shikai. As far as Ichigo´s spirit, it´s still one spirit, even though it´s both quincy and shinigami. Both of them are part of Ichigo ´sone soul, exactly like the vizard power where one has to subdue his hollow. 2 faces of the same coin.

The whole bond thing was just me summarizing the previous, which you obviously misread. I apologize for that, I may not have worded it properly. The name and subjugation thing is straight from the manga though.

What I'm interested in though is your bolded, which we can both agree is true. And if it is true then how can it be stolen? It straight up contradicts your following lines. It's the same spirit, sealing it would be one thing, but straight up stealing it is another.

The whole bond thing was just me summarizing the previous, which you obviously misread. I apologize for that, I may not have worded it properly. The name and subjugation thing is straight from the manga though.

What I'm interested in though is your bolded, which we can both agree is true. And if it is true then how can it be stolen? It straight up contradicts your following lines. It's the same spirit, sealing it would be one thing, but straight up stealing it is another.

Because they stole the power of the bankai and not the soul of the zampakto, like Yamamoto´s bankai fire and techniques, Toshiro´s bankai ice and techniques etc... and not Ryijiin Jakka, and Hyorinmaru which are the souls of their zampakto. For one to be able to unlock ones true shikai one needs to know the name of the zampakto. There´s a difference between stealing the power the zampakto and stealing the whole spirit. There´s no where in the manga stated that one can steal part of the soul of the other. Ichigo lost Zangetsu in the battle against, but that was voluntary, and he knew the consequence.

But i will give that it needs more clarification, because the only thing not clear to me that even though they stole the power of the bankai, and the soul is obviously there, so the shinigami should still be able to go bankai, since their spirits are still in the zampaktos and that´s what gives them the power.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because they stole the power of the bankai and not the soul of the zampakto, like Yamamoto´s bankai fire and techniques, Toshiro´s bankai ice and techniques etc... and not Ryijiin Jakka, and Hyorinmaru which are the souls of their zampakto. For one to be able to unlock ones true shikai one needs to know the name of the zampakto. There´s a difference between stealing the power the zampakto and stealing the whole spirit. There´s no where in the manga stated that one can steal part of the soul of the other. Ichigo lost Zangetsu in the battle against, but that was voluntary, and he knew the consequence.

But i will give that it needs more clarification, because the only thing not clear to me that even though they stole the power of the bankai, and the soul is obviously there, so the shinigami should still be able to go bankai, since their spirits are still in the zampaktos and that´s what gives them the power.

The bolded is what we've been talking about. It's one thing to copy/absorb the attack to use later (which is what it sounds like you are saying), for example using Fox guy's giant, or Ice-kid's big ice shit, it's another to steal it (like you would a car) so you can use it and they can't (which is what we've been told has been going on).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think it's fair and pretty good as a not-yet-done explanation to say that the medallion steals the power, not the soul. The only question that has to be answered is how come the captains still cannot use the bankai...I believe that's fair and can be cleared up by Kubo if he bothers to clear it up and be faithful to his prior plot. While he takes a long time to clear things up, I see no reason to believe he wouldn't.

wonzo

Banned
Used, But in Perfect Condition by Clover
A fascinating look at how relationships can be deepened as long as there's a hole, any hole, to share such personal and intimate experiences with. Moving stuff.

ShokuSoma 41
A single hair strand drawn by Tosh has more emotion in it than the entire Bleach manga.

Blade Play 37
damn, the author went real crazy with the art for this chapter.

Une histoire d'un amateur de friandises 2

so much chocosexuality~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom